Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

qa&pfan

Good morning from West Texas !!!

It's 34 degrees and the sun is shining. We made it up to 58 degrees yesterday, and hoping for some more of that before the next front gets here.

I'm on vacation this week. WOOT! The little one and I got a small oval laid out on a 4 x 8 and made the loop a few times last night. I could hardly believe my old train from the 70's still runs. Hopefully, we can do some more work this week while I'm off work. I'm planning on building a table of some sort as the next project...got to get the saw horses out of Momma's den ASAP. :mrgreen:

Everyone have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!!!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 33 F this morning as I headed out. Since it rained last night and I did not realize the temperature I was surprised to find ice covering the trashcan lids when I put some trash out. Luckily I did not encounter any ice on the roads. Our sidewalk at work was a different story as it resembled a skating rink. Our high toady is supposed to be 48 F. It will be mostly sunny today with a chance of rain this evening which means my son still will not get a chance to try out his new telescope he got for Christmas.

We had some fun on Saturday night. We have been smelling gas outside the house near the gas meter since spring. I had the gas company out three times since then and they could not find anything. Saturday while I was doing the leaves in the front yard the smell was real strong so I called them again. This time they found a leak in the pipe that feeds into the meter. A crew had to come out and replace it. The rest of the weekend was uneventful and involved the usual trips to the grocery store.

I finished weathering the wheels for the coil cars. I still need to seal them. I also began weathering the trucks for the coil cars.

I almost finished painting the ceramic Father Time for my wife. That kept me from the trains last night. It was a welcome diversion from painting only grays and browns.

Tonight we will celebrate New Year’s Eve with the kids. Tomorrow we will watch some of the Philadelphia Mummers Parade on TV especially when the string bands and fancy brigades come on.

Here is comparison of the Athearn blue box kit flat car decks for TOLFCs that I have been weathering:
LNE_Local001a.jpg

Top one is weathered and the bottom is untouched. I still have two decks to go. I also have two Athearn RTR TOFCs but the decks are wood color so the weathering won’t be as extensive.

I hope everybody has a good day and a Happy New Year.

dwiemer

Happy New Year's eve to everyone! The weekend did not turn out as hoped. Had to do some cases and it kept me away from home and fun. We have a few cases this morning and then I plan to head home to catch up on some rest. My bride has some things she needs me to take care of and then I hope to get some wiring done on the layout. Take care and May God Bless,
dennis

dbaker48

Tom, Glad the gas company finally found and fixed that leak. That could have developed into a real problem. At least you wern't paying for all the lost gas. Also like the weathering job on the flat car. There is a neighboring HO club next to ours. They will not allow a duplicate car number on their track. They maintain a register of all engines and rolling stock and who has them. Seems a bit strict to me.

Happy New Year All - AND BE SAFE !!!

cnw1995

Morning all. Bride was up at dawn to go food shopping - three cups of coffee later, all I can do is come here. It will be tough going back to work on Wed.
Teenagers - 16 yr old girl and 13 yr old boy - are driving me nuts but then they are supposed to do that. The girl is fretting she doesnt' have plans for t'night. The boy will probably sleep all day - local churches had a big all-night gathering for jr. hr kids - a concert, buses to bowling, lazer tag, swimming, basketball games, a great idea.

With the 'help' of my youngest, I spraypainted the hydrocal kit lightly outside in the driveway amidst the piles of snow. Neighbors were amused.

John, thanks for the PM.

Tom, love that trolley!!

TomPM, I should try to weather the decks of my flats. Then again, some are 50 years old and look weathered already - LOL.

Brutus

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

qa&pfan - sign1 My wife chased me down into the basement after much discussion this past year, which is good 'cause now I can run my locomotives with the smoke on!

Ozzy -- good luck at the scan.

TomPM - glad they found that and fixed it before you got hurt! Great job on the weathering!

Chief, thought of you while I fixed my son and I each a big old sausage and toast sandwich this morning - no mustard though :eek:

sir james

:wave: Good morning to all,
Not much going on this morning, a little snow but more forecast for tonite and tomorrow. Have to see what the day brings. perhaps some three rail trains later.
Happy New Year,,,,to those that may be sleepy in the morning.,,,Sir James

kpolak

TomPM: Good looking job weathering the flats! That's what those Atlas-O wheels need! I couldn't put my finger on it, but they're wheels were too shiny. A little weathering on the wheels and axels and they would look awesome!

Ozzy: Praying Scan comes out in your favor!

spankybird: Great shot of the trolley!

Chief: Prayers for your youngest. Doesn't sound pleasant.

Kurt

jeffrey-wimberl

Jeffrey, still no daily pics so I guess your home computer is still down?
Yeah, it's still off line. I installed a card reader in this one though so I can still include some pics.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/31/2007

Wind Chill: 47°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
High: 49°F
Low: 36°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SSW

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Patchy dense fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 32 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Got something new this weekend. I picked up this Proto 2000 E6 at the LHS for $65.

P1010002-28.jpg

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Happy New YEARS to each of you. Got about 2 inches of snow last nite. Shoveld or pushed my drive way and neighbor ladies. Not bad took dog for walk and saw 3 deer down by barn, I threw snowballs at them and hit one. She just walked away, they were only 20 yards from me. Wish I could use the muzzleloader on em. Oh well they just like to get me going. Going to friends house for dinner then come home about 10 PM. Probably early to bed.
B good.
laz57

Don....get that Hot Box out of the box and run it. It is the most obnoxious car Lionel has ever built, but you will love it!

Kurt....My engine gift from the Chief is definitely the quietest engine I own.

Chief...I want you to know in Buckeyeland, we are will be dinning on Sauerkraut and Sausage. A traditional farm meal, not something in a white cardboard carryout box.

Tom...Nice photo. Have fun at the OTTS gathering.

Laz...The next time you go deer hunting, I would suggest leaving the rifle/shotgun at home and just carry about three baseball sized rocks. I think your kill rate will skyrocket. sign1

Buckeye, that was a Cheesy video. Sorry, could not resist. Our buddy CSXect did not deserve the rib. We all knew what he meant. - The Chief.

And that is why some great posters on CTT said good bye due to the stupidity of a few.

Chuck...I'm not sure it has been a rough year. It has been an interesting last three months watching a major model train forum being taken over by an irritating, obnoxious, hypocritical, puerile and rogue individual.

I am looking forward to future trips with you, even though we are second billing to his HONOR.

CSXect

:wave::wave::wave:

Hello everybody I am here but site seems to run slooow for me.

For those who do not know me I am a diehard S gauger with a serious O gauge habit:cool:......................well actualy I have never met a train I did not like:thumb:

Brutus

CSX - howdy! If you watch the bottom of IE7 you'll see you are sometimes witing for advertising to load up first. Once it is downloaded, you are good to go and it's pretty fast. In the bottom right hand corner there is a tool to navigate through the forums and there is one just for G, O and S trains too.

Jonadel

Welcome CSX, hope you like this board, it is much more relaxed and laid back-- a big relief IMO.

I have both IE and Firefox and MUCH prefer Firefox, you might give it a try and see if that speeds things up.

Jon

cnw1995

I second the nod for Firefox for this board. Welcome CSX!

'Rogue, Puerile' - I learn new words every day here.

Took down the Christmas tree with the youngest. You can imagine how smoothly that went. LOL. Ran Thomas and James with him. Had a few pileups. Going over to the neighbors later.

Today is a nice excuse to reflect on my blessings to count you as friends. Hope to meet a few more in real life in the new year.

Chuck...I'm not sure it has been a rough year. It has been an interesting last three months watching a major model train forum being taken over by an irritating, obnoxious, hypocritical, puerile and rogue individual.

I am looking forward to future trips with you, even though we are second billing to his HONOR.
Yes, it has been interesting, these last few months. I have only thrown up 6 times, during that period. I guess that's a good sign.
"The Future Adventures of Train Shops " is an exciting beginning to a New Year. Let's plan.

jefelectric

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Heading over to friends for a nice quiet evening.

Weather didn't amount to anything here, just a sugar coating of snow on the grass, nothing on the roads, just a few icy spots to catch the unwary.

Be safe this evening.

Yes, it has been interesting, these last few months. I have only thrown up 6 times, during that period. I guess that's a good sign.
"The Future Adventures of Train Shops " is an exciting beginning to a New Year. Let's plan.

What was the name of our last tour? Was it the Tour of Eastern Ohio's Train Stores? Yes, more tours are in order. When is that little train show in Eastern PA, that LAZ says is pretty good? Wes, will be on board, too.

Doug...I'm honored to be able to teach a ND man new words. :twisted: Of course, my Christmas party posting could would not have been possible without you, so :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.