Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by N Gauger, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

nice JD's,

laughing your behind off? you lost me there........
  2. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

The boiler's PSI wasn't over the limit, just a mfg. error. Frankly, I like this engine better because of the tender (it looks cooler:mrgreen::thumb:)

Yes it does, although I have DC at the moment. Union Pacific no. 618 is also a spectrum 2-8-0, like the one I returned, although this one doen't have the part that broke (which is good!):mrgreen:
  3. dbaker48

dbaker48 Member

Check the bottom of the thingy the wheels are on. If it does not have them little rollers. Then, it is a dummy unit. And doing everything it is suppose to. :twisted:
  4. Jonadel

Jonadel Member

I well remember all the painful years I spent in the conservatory at Simpson College practicing etudes & solo's and listening to horrible recitals of my friends. In Iowa we call flower shops flower shops, or a botanical center or a greenhouse or an arboretum :mrgreen:

5. Chief sorry to hear of your lost of Peek.
    Secured the porch up some today for the time being.
    Not to much happening here will talk later
  6. Well, Buckeye, I hate to say this...But that number shows up as a " DUMMY ". With NO motors, no horn or bell. No fancy sound system or remote control. ( TMCC or PCS 2 or DCS ) , or what ever you call that stuff. It doesn't even have operating couplers. No lights. does have WHEELS. :twisted:
  7. You mean the Chief was so cheap he sent me an engine without a motor!:eek: How am I going to pull long trains? And I sent him such a great engine for Christmas with all the bells and whistles.
  8. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Chief - Sorry to hear about your dog.

Buckeye - Sorry to hear about your new great engine from Chief. Does the one that Don got work? :cry:

announce1 As it is getting near that time of the year for taxes, if anyone needs a tax deductions, any item (or cash) that is donated to our museum would be tax deductible as we are a 501c3. :rolleyes:
  9. sir james

sir james Member

Buckeye- Tie a string to the front coupler and you can still pull long trains.
    Chief- I too am sorry to hear about Peek,Have some happy memories.
  10. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

well the wife got back from des moines, she thinks she did good on her boards. 85 questions. wont know for sure for a couple of days.
  11. laz57

laz57 Member

HI GIZ,
    CHIEF, sorry for your loss. Those guys,dogs, really get attached to you and its a hard thing some times.
    BRUTUS, yep thats the one I have coming on Monday? CNJ. Hope its as good as JELECTRICS?
    Gootta go later,
  12. Tom, where do we send a check for the museum? I might have a locomotive to donate after I get the string off the front coupler.
  13. dwiemer

dwiemer Member

Laz, I was hoping to get one of those, but I am afraid SWMBO would have my hide. She went to put up some of my son's toys from Christmas, when she opened his closet door, she found it completely full of my trains. Hope she doesn't check the daughter's closet next.
  14. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Buckeye - the museum address is

The Western Reserve Model Railroad Msueum
    7471 Unit L Tyler Blvd.
    Mentor, Ohio 44060

If you are going to send a package, then it is best to send it to my house, as someone is always home to receive it. Email me if you need my address.

thanks aussie
  15. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

I think the DUMMY is the guy with the engine. :wave: Watched The Shooter DVD tonight. Great but still not the Bourne [got that series too].

Have a good night all.
  16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Sorry to hear about the furry family member passing on.... We had 2 Pomeranians go within 8 months of one another - really hard losing those furry children.... Glad the wife is taking it well.....
  17. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

and on Jan 15th a D&D type movie based on the book Dragonlance Dragons of Autumn Twilight is being released to DVD... It's along the same lines as Lord of The Rings - but not as complicated :D :D It's an animated movie...

Can't wait for Batman to be released - this is the Dark Knight - the way teh original movie should have been... And No -- no Prince music LOL
  18. Brutus

Brutus Member

Company came and went full of my spaghetti (didn't have enough sauce) and cookies (just right)! After some cards, I took them down and let them run the Thomas train and I ran the MTH - suggestion, be sure the MTH is turned way up on sound so you can hear it over the kids yelling about the Thomas!!!! LOL $400 set (RTR set plus the passenger cars) versus $80 set - winner is the $80 set! LOL

Ngauger - good news on The Dark Knight! I like a lot of the movies that Tim Burton made, but in the long run those Batmans and all the ones up until The Beginning have really paled in many ways....
  19. John Baker

John Baker Member

Morning all,:mrgreen:
    Wow! I don't know what went wrong with ERNI? Screwed my link to the forum, after a couple of false starts the guys here have got me back on line (thanks).announce1
    Sorry about the Peke Chief, the unfortunate thing with pets is that they are with us for such a short while, I will not have another firstly because in this sheltered housing scheme they are not allowed and secondly I am too old and may pop-off leaving my little friend at the mercy the cold world.:evil:
    My house phone is playing up, at least I think so, but it could be caused by a gallon of Frederick Robinsons:razz: as it seems to be OK in the mornings.:thumb:
    Ran my puffer last night got in trouble with Da Manigemint.sign1
  20. kpolak

kpolak Member

Chief: I'm picking up what you're layin' down.

Doug: Thought of you as I watched 'A Christmas Story' saw the trolleys pass the Christmas Tree stand.

In-Laws are gone. Good visit! Bride wanted to invite friends over for dinner with the In-Laws last night. Simple dinner turned into dinner with the Roosevelts. Grandma's china, and the food had to stay aside until after 'the salad course' was cleared... :roll: By me.

Now back to the trains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.