Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning.....................
It is a cold 30 degrees. Going up to 50 today, with some sunshine.
Today is a quiet day. I have a few things to do around the house and this afternoon, I will be running trains. Not much else new.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

ozzy

got maybe 2" of snow in the night, still snowing, dry snow, tiny flakes, well im out the door, heading to work.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 32 deg and headed to 49 with rain on the way.

Chief - I don't think OGR will approve this kind of thread. In the past, when bad weather was hitting the south, they deleted it. If its not model train related, it's gone.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Cloudy and cool. Rain in the forecast for this afternoon and tomorrow. Two fronts coming through. Tom P., yes I know about OGR management. If you read my reply, I said management would have to approve. No answers as I expected. Give time for management to think on it though. Jim F., Adaware will slow this site down. Use to have to hold the control key down. Now using Time Warner's CA and disabled Adaware. Do not need it. Firewall is in wireless. Also was glad to get rid of Norton. Made a big difference and CA is free. Train room after breakfast. Think it will be a sauage patty the size of a big burger and an egg to top it off. Pleanty of mustard on both sides of the bread. Some coffee and orange juice. Then a slug of Harris Teeter egg nog [still have some]. Well, slept lat for a change so I'd better get started or breakfast will be lunch. God bless.

dwiemer

Morning gang, Got called in late last night, didn't bother me as it was a good case. Took care of things and back to bed. Wife is working today and I am home with the kids till noon. Looks like I will be making home made waffles this morning. Good News, my blood work is back and most looks good. Have to work on triglycerides, but not too bad.

Planning on watching Trains Unlimited this morning at 10. Got my daily reading to do and then get the kids ready to head out. Hope everyone has a blessed day and weekend.
Dennis

dbaker48

I got it !! The Legacy Arrived !! That's the good news, The bad news is it will probably be a week or so before I try it out. Working on the wiring, and want to get it operational before I introduce another variable.

Got the physical inventory done yesterday at work. Actually completed on time this year. Looking forward to a long weekend. Lots of time to work on layout. Possibly go to train show on Sunday. Later!

Oh yeah, got approval on the El Camino. Will wash and wax this weekend so it is Parade Ready.

sir james

Good Morning All,
Got on this morning no trouble, but I'm glad it's not just me. Thought it was my laptop. And believe me I know next to nothing about these things. Honest and for truly I don't. Sounds like the Chief wants a "POT" on OGR:prepare for fire works, those guys are ruthless and anyone who takes offense easy should not partake of a "POT" there. rain expected today and middle 30s. Later..........Sir James

cnw1995

'Morning all. Snowing big here. Just back last night from the east coast - visiting my mom in Conn. Getting too old for these 14+ hr drives, but I still think it's amazing we can just up and go somewhere 1,000 miles away... Thought of everyone at one time or another driving through IN, OH, PA, NJ and NY. Got my first hydrocal kit I hope to share about...

w8jy

Well, don't need a calendar here to tell the day of the week - if it is a Friday or Saturday, there is a storm coming! This will be the fourth weekend in a row. We should only get about 8 inches, but the wind off Lake Huron will cause a lot of drifting.
Looks like another good weekend to shut myself up in the train room and get some more work done.

Dr. John

Good morning all! Cloudy and wet in Prattville this morning but not as cold. Temps should be in the 60's today if the sun comes out.

Tried the BCR in a Railking NW-2 and it worked as advertised! One minute charging at about 10v and it's good to go. I need to get a couple more for two other PS-1 locos I have.

Need to run a few errands today, then run some trains this afternoon. The tracks will come up tomorrow afternoon. :cry:

Later!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

I have not made it to the forum too much the last few days. I took a couple days off from work. This was first time I have taken time off after Christmas in a few years. We went to the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia on Wednesday. It was nice because it was not too crowded and we were able to enjoy many of the interactive exhibits for a change. Yesterday we went to the Delaware Museum of Natural History for their Dino Days Special Event.

It was 31 F with some fog this morning. Our high today is supposed to be 49 F with rain. It is supposed to rain through the weekend with a possible break on Saturday night. It would be nice to get some clear night skies so my son can try out his new telescope that Santa left him.

I did not get any modeling done over the last few days.

This weekend will involve the bi-weekly grocery trip. I am not sure what other excursions are planned.

I would like to finish weathering the wheels, covers, and the coil cars. I also have a flat car to renumber. There are trailers to weather and four more decks to weather and all the flat cars to weather for the TOFC. Maybe I will experiment with my new Bachmann DCC system.

Ozzy, we will be pulling for you and keeping you in our prayers.

Jeff, I went through the same thing when we got a new computer (the one before our current model) and it ran on Windows 2000. Our scanner was not supported for Windows 2000 so we had to get a new one.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Jonadel

That was exciting, I took my wife's Camry into town (1.7 miles) to get the oil changed as she's off until Jan. 2, I'm fed up with going to the Toyota dealership in Des Moines plus it's $5.00 cheaper here. We have a steep gravel driveway so it took me two trys and 1/2 bucket of sand to get the car into the garage. I hate the 4" of partly cloudy :cry: we received last night. We have two other vehicles, both 4 wheel drive and all wheel drive, I think the Camry will sit in the garage until a nice January thaw :cool:. This is probably the roughest December we've had in the 18 years since we moved to the country, it's worth it though, beautiful peace & quiet and no neighbors and a downstairs devoted to trains:thumb::thumb:.

Doug, glad you had good weather to travel, we used to do the same thing when our parents were alive, I don't regret one day of it. We are headed to Cedar Falls tomorrow just for a day trip, we need to meet at the Caboose Stop Hobby shop, you would love it--gigantic inventory.

Our youngest son is headed to London tonight to hook up with a friend who is on business there for a year. Oh to be 29 again and single :rolleyes:. He's actually able to fly from MPLS/St. Paul cheaper than most domestic flights. He's been saving up for this so I hope he has a great time.

I think we are hunkering down for the day until this 4" of partly cloudy stops.

Take Care,
Jon

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Tom P [the Farmer one]. how is the farm since it is winter? Guess I'm going to have to call the other Tom, Spanky. Don B. No special wiring. Connect on wire from base to common at track or buss bar. I have all of my sections [two mains and all of the sidings] buss bars bonded together on the common [ground to all but Bob Nelson :thumb:] . I still ran a separate wire to each common side of each buss bar. Overkill. The ones for then old base were too short and I wanted to reroute these anyway. Sun is out and warmed up. Looked like rain all morning. Rain due this PM. Put up new big bird feeder. Old one was 20 years old. Plastic was getting brittle. Now for a snack and train work. Son-in-law gave me a 90 degree drill chuck. I have a 90 degree drill but turns too fast to run screws in. I can chuck this one up to the big drill/driver and put it on low speed. Screws run in better on low than fast. w8yj, send some of that bad stuff to my buddies in Ohizo. They need lots of snohio. :twisted: Jon, bet he has a ball in London [ladies wise]. Later.

Brutus

Good morning (Central) from Arnold, where there is no snow but more rain. We get weird weather here due to the river... Welcome back Doug!

Thomas came already this morning, so will go down and clear off snow material from layout and give him a spin later. Also need to play some video games with son I think. Just watching some old HK flix with daughter - lots of low brow humor and kung fu tricks, LOL.

Chief, I know you've got that 19.2 volt set. I've got the 14.4 and the right hand drill has only 1 speed -- too fast! I have learned to use a very very light touch when using it to drive screws into metal as it will strip in a heartbeat!

dbaker48

No Chief, you don't understand. I've been running 2 12'x14' ovals, a figure 8, 1 3' siding, 1 16' siding, and a engine yard w/4 tracks. Under DCS/TMCC with one set of 18 awg jumper wires with alligator clips, from one output, connected to the 3' siding. So hard wiring power drops through out the layout.

jeffrey-wimberl

I installed the new all-in-one scanner/printer/copier yesterday and quickly found that I wouldn't be able to keep my old printer connected. Every time I turned the all-in-one on the old printer would constantly go on and off line, tying up the computer. I finally just unplugged the old printer and am using the printer in the new unit.

Nick12DMC

Hi all, Took the lad to Activity World this afternoon to give him a break from video games:mrgreen:. Sat and read CTT.
FIL did not fancy Activity World (AKA hell) so disapeared into workshop at lunch time and has been welding up the legs for the layout.

Question for the TMCC/Legacy users here.
I have TMCC and hope to upgrade to Legacy at some point. Whats the best bit of kit to control switches ASC or SC2? Is Legacy able to control the SC2?

Have a good one

Nick

dwiemer

Back again. I am at the hospital just covering call. Already had one emergency handled by the early crowd. Hope it quiets down as New Years weekend can really bring out the crazies.

John, got the disk today. Thanks so much. I just took in the mail without time to play it yet, will do so when I get home. My wife will want to be there as well. Thanks again, I will keep photos with my progress and share them....and take critique.

Chief, hope Bob N. does stop by. Always enjoy his input and value his judgement more than most. On a sad note, guy I know by the same name as Bob had his wife die of cancer yesterday. Been a long struggle and it is over. He is a good guy and I wish for the best for him. At least they are old enough that they have grandkids and got to be a part of their lives. Still sad though.
Take care,
dennis

jefelectric

Well, don't need a calendar here to tell the day of the week - if it is a Friday or Saturday, there is a storm coming! This will be the fourth weekend in a row. We should only get about 8 inches, but the wind off Lake Huron will cause a lot of drifting.
Looks like another good weekend to shut myself up in the train room and get some more work done.

Jess, You most be an old hand at ham Radio to have a low call sign like that. I had my Ham Ticket back in HS and for a few years after (10 total)and then foolishly left it expire. Still remember my call sign W3HJP. Now there is a hobby that has gone through a lot of changes. I started before transistors were developed. Just CW and AM, with SSB just coming into use. Oh, and welcome to the coffee pot, don't think I have seen you post before.

Status
Not open for further replies.