Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
This guy backing out from visiting across got his foot stuck under the break peddal and on the gas. It apeaers we have more damage the more we look. I know one set of cinderblocks is down that was under the door and the kitchen seems to be leaning now torwards the front of the house. He also all most hit a kid but the kids grandfather grab him up in time.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
rt-thats a mess,
icon13.gif
It's good no one was hurt and it will take awhile to get fixed. do you have another door.or is the porch safe? Cold here today 20s low 30s tomorrow and no snow. waiting for tomorrows dinner I guess that will be the best of tomorrow. MERRY CHRISTMAS,,,,Sir James

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
RT - I am so glad nobody was hurt! I hope you can get your porch shored up. I wish I lived near you, I'd come over and help you out. Did he have insurance at least? Be sure to check your gas connections!

Sorry, Chief - there was a rumor going around.... Anyway, be sure everyone goes to bed on time so Santa shows up!

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
Nice day here just puttering around and catching up. Huge 5:00 church service, kinda noisy and disjointed, too many CEO's (Christmas/Easter only) but still worth going to. We used to always hang in there for the mid night service but those days are long gone.

Ozzy--we live just west of Des Moines, been here for almost 32 years, stuck in a rut but it's been a good rut.

Our Christmas Eve meal tonight will include King Crab--can't wait, we did oysters and chili the other night when everyone was here. Time to sign off and be sociable.

Merry Christmas!
Jon

cool i live in south east iowa, 120 miles from Des Moines. im a member of a train club in Oskaloosa IA. only 60 miles from Des Moines. called Penn Central Railroad Club. its in the Penn Central Mall in oskaloosa. the mall gives us an empty store rent free. we have an HO and O scale modular layouts, its open most monday nights and every other sat a few hours for anyone to come look around. its a cool club as our members ages run from like 10 years old to 80 some years old, so some of the modulars are beginners just learning to old timers that are experts.

John Baker

Nov 9, 2007
Cheshire. UK.
RT bad luck lad, hope it 's not as bad as it looks. All our houses are made of brick, the car definately would have come off second best.
Hey Chief! that nearly came off, two birthdays a year, only good Queen Bettie gets that.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
RT: Glad no one was hurt.

Went to a new church last night for candlelight service. Our Church doesn't have Christmas Eve Service. Skit started with a lot of footage of the Amtrack Coast Starlight. Someone here likes trains! Eldest daughter had fun with the other chldren that couldn't sit thru service, says she wants to go to school there. We'll be there this Sunday. Been looking for another church fo awhile.

Youngest is up gotta go! Figures, elsest 3-yo who is most excited decided to sleep in!????

Merry Christmas!
Kurt

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
MERRY CHRISTMAS..... and

Good Morning from Blueberryhill....

It is a clear and cold 27 degrees. Going up 46 today with sunshine.
Today is a " stay at home " day. We are going to enjoy the day and a nice meal. Maybe, company for an hour, later. Lots of presents to open. Wife should like hers.
Dining car is here with breakfast. Later.
Everyone have a great Christmas day,
Chuck

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
asanta7.gif

Merry Christmas
from NE Ohio

RT - Santa was watching over you to be sure that no one was hurt.
Many diecast car mfg call their cars 1/43 scale, but they do not define scale as we do. To them, scale is the size of the diecast molds. When was a GTO the same size as a vette or Chryler 300? But for the price, they are OK.

Today we will be with the wife's family.

nativity2.gif

sanata%20on%20chimmely.gif

47b7cf05b3127cceb027c212650000000037101AaNGjRm0Ysd

47b7cf05b3127cceb027c220653200000037101AaNGjRm0Ysd

47b7cf05b3127cceb027c988a43700000037101AaNGjRm0Ysd

:wave:

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Many diecast car mfg call their cars 1/43 scale, but they do not define scale as we do. To them, scale is the size of the diecast molds. When was a GTO the same size as a vette or Chryler 300? But for the price, they are OK.
I understand were your coming from but on these they may not be true 1:43 but there close as stated the vet is same as my 1:43 that came with kline flat car the gto and the 300 and the crysler turbo car are all at least 1/2" longer than the vets these cars are your low end but if your getting to that point you may want to re think who is going to really pick a car up from your layout and measure it to see if its true 1:43 scale. I personally can't see these vehicles I see listed for $50.00 and up to sit on a layout .
Okay the argument can go well you pay $200.00 and up for a engine well maybe but it does something other than sit there and look neat. Again I guess it really lies with what your budget allows mine doesn't probaly why I don't have the high teck engines and all yet and I'm still into post war type trains.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
RT - I underside where you are coming from, but I just wanted you to know the differance.

Here is a compairson of scale and not scale cars. The two in the middle are the same as what you just bought. The two on the outside are scale

47b4ce29b3127cce9a926cb6d4a100000027108IZMmrFwxbA

aussie

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
:wave: MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. Afternoon will be with our kids and grandsons(6) no little girls,thought we would get at least one but nope.And goofy me bought a pink GG1 set.
Have a wonderful day and travel safe...........Sir James

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Merry Christmas. First Christmas to get up with out someone other than the wife and boys here. Wife said she liked it peaceful like this. No rush to get breakfast. Tradition, I cook stuffed sausage and biscuits. Santa was good to both of us. Even left the boys chewy things.

I see Tom P is driving the train. Seems he has been in the egg nog. Nose is kind of red. :rolleyes:

John Baker sent email. Trains in UK running well. Going to expand his layout. :thumb:

Well, time to play trains some.

As Tiny Tim says, "God bless us everyone."

Dr. John

Dec 23, 2003
Prattville, Alabama
Visit site
Good morning and Merry Christmas from Dixie! Cold and rainy this AM. We had our gift exchange on Saturday so I'm having a quiet morning with the dogs and the trains running around the tree. Wife, kids, her SIL's family down in Disney World this week.

RT, very sorry to hear about the car hitting your home, but glad no one was hurt! Hope the driver had liability coverage.

We had a packed house for the Christmas Eve service last night. Over 1200 in attendance. Always enjoy the end where the house lights are dimmed and everyone holds a candle while we sing "Silent Night." Gives me chills!

Taking Christmas dinner over to Mom and Dad's later. Very likely Mom's last on this Earth, so it's kind of bittersweet.

Have a great day, all!

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
well i did not get any trains for x.mas,, (i knew i would not...lol) but i did get a new 19 volt craftsmen cordless 1/2 drill/driver! one of the higher end ones. look out now!, ill be able to throw bench work together at a rapid rate. told the wife what i could do with it and the upstairs and she picked the screw gun up and started heading back to the store with it.....lol

what everyone else get for x-mas.?

Merry Christmas Day from Roger's Corners, OHIO!
:winter1::winter1::winter1::winter1::winter1:​

47b6dd39b3127cce885abf8be02700000057108ZYtnLVxY

Again this year, I got a lump of coal. :confused::rippedoff:wall1
Ever since I met the Chief, I get coal, before that......Hey! Wait a minute! Something just occurred to me. Mmmm... I better check the naughty and nice list with Santa to see who is giving him the info about me.

RT...I'm glad everyone is safe. The damage can be repaired and the owner/driver of that car should pay every cent of your repairs. If he even argues with anything get a lawyer. My car was hit during Thanksgiving by a tow truck and they have paid every dime of my repairs with nothing more said than, "We are sorry." That is called taking responsibility.

Laz...I think I see a deer for you. Just stand by the tracks and wait until Tom's locomotive passes. Clean shot through the window.

Dr. John...Our church does the same thing with the candles. Someday I will tell you about our Philadelphia Pastor who decided to have an inside living nativity during Christmas Eve and the sheep did not cooperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.