Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonadel

Chief--
Not easy being young, it's about unconditional love and she needs to hear that from the family. No easy solution, she will decide when it will happen, if it happens. Hopefully the lesson will learned.

Jon

Brutus

My grandma's friend had a son who was a drunk until he killed a whole family on Christmas eve, driving the wrong way on Veterans Parkway in Illinois. Got a pic in the paper of the presents spread out on the highway with the wreck in the background. It's no joke.

Jeffrey - sure hope they can get your foot healed up, that is too bad! Don't know your believes, but I'll put in a prayer for you too if you don't mind.

Frank53, looking great to me!

Hi to all, I read them all but just too much to comment on all.

On Ebay, you can go to the home page, choose toys, then drill down menu by menu to diecast and then choose scale and even choose farm equiopment, cars, planes, etc. Just lucked out that time.

I scored a replacement car of the HWX last night on ebay for $19.50 - about $26 shipped and they UPS'd today. I've bought from this place before - Favorite Spot. I'll keep the old one and use for replacement parts or maybe make a diner near Twombly Town or something? We'll see.

Good Morning.................
It is a cold 18 degrees. Clear skies. Going up to 44 today, with some sunshine.
Today, I am busy. Have a few errands to run and then, some work around the house. No train time today.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

With all of the ice storms we've had recently I have done lots of shopping on the internet and here we go again. I have a package that once again originated in Hendersonville, NC on Friday---it's now in Knoxville, TN :eek: wall1

Jon

Oh is that the package that I got last night. :mrgreen::wave:

Chief read your post on other forum if you call make it around 9 as don't get home till 7 and wifey wants to goto walley world for a couple of things .

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was a brisk 26 F this morning. At least the wind died down and the wind chill was only 20. High today may reach 39 F. It could be near 50 F by the weekend.

I sealed all but one of the hoods for the coil cars. I removed the number off of one of the flatcars and touched it up. It is now ready for decaling. I began weathering the deck of three of the flat cars.

Mikey, after hearing your report on Greenberg’s I am glad we didn’t make it. It would have cost me $21.00 to get plus the $5.00 parking. I can’t believe they charged for parking. Someone was milking this. We had more fun at Build-A-Bear and spent about the same and the kids came home with two new polar bears. It is a shame that the vendors have not changed and the lack of bargains is still the rule. I can remember when I would go to the show and walk out with an arm load of stuff for prices far below retail and MSRP.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Ready to go to the school up the street. General Mills is donating $50,000 to the school. Some contest a lady won and this was her old school. Sister-in-law and Neice have not shown. About par. As I said, Mom is no example for Neice. When either one gts in trouble, they run to me. Pam's Dad is right there but no one talks to him about this stuff. He's the man with all the $$$$$ and will not spend a dime. wall1

Fair and cold. Acutally first big frost of the season. Been below freezing but no big frost. Field behind the house looked like it had snowed early this AM. Maybe I'm not up this early. :rolleyes:

Hope to get back home this afternoon after meeting with neighboring Mayor. Get to actually run Big Boy in Legacy mode. Got the chip loaded and etc. Now to get it running around the track.

Have a good one.

Dr. John

Good morning from frosty Prattville. Looks like a very pretty, if chilly, day today. Still fighting the sinus stuff - might as well learn to enjoy it, I guess. My wife and I have another Christmas party to attend tonight - they're fun and the food is good, but I'm looking forward to Thursday night when we can stay home. :mrgreen:

Hope everyone has a good day today!

cnw1995

Good morning from a slightly warmer Crystal Lake. Great news about the donation, Chief - and from a Northern company too.

jefelectric

Good afternoon guys,

A beautiful day here, Sunny and cold. I did get the new EMD demo A-B-A set unpacked. It was new, that is, in 1998. Here are a few pictures.

47b7cc39b3127cceb27153e6ee4f00000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7cc39b3127cceb27153136f8a00000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7cc39b3127cceb27152932f9200000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

That is the Lionel Power car next to the engines. They are TMCC and Railsounds 4.0. Very nice for the money. I did have to repair one of the couplers.

Chief, I see you like talking to someone else's kids as much as I do. Been asked to do that job a few times over the years. We must both have a rep as an old curmudgeon. :mrgreen:

jeffrey-wimberl

Jeffrey - sure hope they can get your foot healed up, that is too bad! Don't know your believes, but I'll put in a prayer for you too if you don't mind.
I'm of Cherokee descent and am Spanish Catholic if that helps any.

I was in Alexandria this morning helping a friend take a load of two tons of paper to the recycling center. That was a big load on a sixteen foot auto trailer.

Jonadel

RT--
The package from NC is still in transit so that's a good sign. The package from MN arrived a day early, that's northern efficiency for you:thumb:

Jon :band1:

cnw1995

Boy, I've had fun this afternoon - building up Mt Seaman, expanding a station at the front of the layout - moving lights around (the beacon atop Mt Seaman works better now), even going to expand Eagles Ridge Electric Park. Going to try to put in an airport in the middle of the yard space - might be cramming too much in - I'll take photos hopefully later this week.

John, that is a beautiful A-B-A set - congratulations!!

dwiemer

John, Great looking engines. Good Luck with them.
Dr. John, we are a bit chilly here too. I think the high was about 58 and low in upper 20s. Big front came through on Sunday morning, temps fell to the basement about noon.
Chief, must say, I am glad you invited me here considering the spat on the other forum. SPF used to be my favorite place besides the coffee pot, now I hardly want to check that either.
Frank53, good call. Glad you are here too.
Hope all have a blessed night.
dennis

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Just found out that we're off X-mas eve afternoon... We have off the day after X-mas too... Which means, I work this week, then have 5 days off except for a 4 hour shift Monday :) not too shabby!!!!!

X-mas shopping is all done, except for a few cards we need and some Jackson's to put in a couple of "money" cards :) :) Guess I'll go to the bank tonight :D :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Nice setup you got there John :D :D :D Next time I'm heading out to your area., I'll have to "bug" you -- to get a chance to inspect them in person :D :D

dbaker48

John - Really LIKE the ABA, fantastic set ! However the Goose will still be the attention getter! IMO

Too bad about the "minor" conflicts. I still say it is primarily due to miscommunication and understandings. The written form of communcation can really be trickey. I'm sure that personal conversations with the same topics would only end in laughter, and joy. As we ALL spend "talk" more on forums, we get to relax more and then mis read, or mis type something.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A JOYOUS HOLIDAY, AND GREAT FAMILY TIME

Chief Eagles

Good night all. Dennis, yes. Don, yes. Not going to get into CTT problem over here. Will be misread by that person and then start all over again. As Don said, miscommunication. Misread. Doesn't seem to happen over here. Why I have been hear for a long time. Later

Frank53

Chief, must say, I am glad you invited me here considering the spat on the other forum. SPF used to be my favorite place besides the coffee pot, now I hardly want to check that either.

I admit, this "saga" so to speak has a lot of twists and turns, none of which have any bearing on my own opinion or actions, but nonetheless my curiousity has got the best of me as to the most recent turn of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.