Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Hi Everyone.

It's partly cloudy, but at night the rain and thunder always comes. I like to leave my bedroom window open so that I can feel the breeze and hear the rain falling.

Tomorrow going to Friends of the Rail in Pretoria, going to brush up on my fireman skills with my buddy and his father, wonder what loco it will be? I won't mind the cool weather, since it gets hot in Pretoria and in the loco.

Going to look around for a car today.

Keep well

John Baker

Good morning from a cold, frosty Stockport.
Thanks to all you guys for wishing me happy (69th) B-day. I was sure I posted this yesterday. It must have been on another forum, I can only effectively handle one of these at once, just goe's to show how the years
take their toll.

Lionel's power supply is on it's way over the pond (thanks Chief). Anyone ever noticed? This thing is going backwards.

Jonadel

Another long day with the Rockette's and then off to northern IA (it's not cold enough here, 15) for a Symphony concert my oldest son was invited to play in, all Manheim Steamer music and he is being paid well. It will be nice to actually sit and enjoy the music.

I'm ready for some warmer weather next week and it's on the way :) Doug, we'll share some of it with you.

Jon

noticed

John, I never noticed that the "thingy" was going backwards until you mentioned it. Must be a fair to middling wind blowing to get the smoke going in the same direction it is moving.

Lynn:eek::eek:

Good Morning.....................
It is cold and 32 degrees. Freezing rain and snow on the way. Staying home today. Running trains later. Taking it easy.
Everyone have a nice day.
Chuck

Chief Eagles

Morning all. SPRINKLES started!!!! :thumb: Hope it will rain [forecasted]. Chuck, you have a private message if you have not picked it up. Typed from TH as I did not have yuor email address there. Got to send them there. Off to Miss Edna's. Hey Hatter, you going to play real trains?
Later

cnw1995

'Morning from a snowy Crystal Lake where I hope the South is getting its much needed rain and I'm looking forward to warmer weather Jon promised from Iowa. Maybe it'll arrive before I have to clean off the driveway and sidewalks... I'm enjoying my weekend as Mr. Mom. Going to the basement now - instead of cleaning the house - to run trains with the youngest (I'll clean later).

Welcome J. Wilson - nice to hear the weather in S. Africa. I guess it might be summer or spring there - is that how it works? - the Southern Hemisphere is oppo seasons with the North. I remember it was springtime in Peru when I was down there years ago in Sept

Morning all. SPRINKLES started!!!! :thumb: Hope it will rain [forecasted]. Chuck, you have a private message if you have not picked it up. Typed from TH as I did not have yuor email address there. Got to send them there. Off to Miss Edna's. Hey Hatter, you going to play real trains?
Later

Chief....Got the message and replied.

w8jy

Good morning. This is my first trip to the Caboose - haven't ingested enough caffeine to start working on the layout this morning, so thought I would stop by and have a cup of coffee with you folks.
I am fairly new at this model RR stuff - got started on the current layout less than a year ago, and am having a great time with it.
This forum is really great, and I am looking forward to meeting a few more members here in the Caboose.

Dr. John

Morning, all!

Doug, I'll take a cup of coffee, black, but I'll pass on the chili, thanks!

Jess, glad you stopped by the caboose. Coffee's on the stove - help yourself!

Finally getting some rain here this morning as a cold front moves through. Supposed to drop down in the twenties next couple of nights, but no snow or ice is forecast.

Seems like the family, myself included, is fighting off colds. Need to do some Christmas shopping today, but will stay indoors due to the weather.

Later!

Chief Eagles

w8jy vbmenu_register("postmenu_777007", true); , WELCOME to the Caboose and the "Pot". Keep on visiting.

LAZ and DON B, eat your hearts out. I have my LEGACY!!!!
:wave::thumb::p:twisted:

Miss Edna got some of her's earlier this week. She did not call as she knew the gang was coming today. Now to read and study the THICK book that came with it. :rolleyes:
LATER

jefelectric

Chief, Laz & Don, I am anxious to hear your reports on Legacy. I know you guys will give us the real scoop. We know the guys over on OGR will pick it apart. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the coffee pot Jess, We have both regular and decaf, and of course sweet tea for the Chief.

No bad weather hear yet, forcast now calls for only about an inch today and maybe a little more tomorrow, depending on when it switches from rain to snow and then back again. Sounds interesting. Supposed to go to a birthday party for the DIL tomorrow afternoon. Only about a mile so shouldn't be a big deal.

Laz, were there any shoppers at Barry's. When I have been in and driven by, it doesn't seem like he has been very busy this Christmas. Don't know if all the mass marketers handling the Lionel sets is hurting him or not. He has the best prices, but a lot of people just automaticly think the big guys are always the cheapest. He is selling the Hogwarts for $219 and the best price I have seen anywhere else is $239. I was told by another dealer that cost is 195 on this.

Chief Eagles

Here it is:

47b7cc34b3127cceb1a19de761b200000026108AasnLhm4bNe

47b7cc34b3127cceb1a19deee08b00000026108AasnLhm4bNe

47b7cc34b3127cceb1a19c57219a00000026108AasnLhm4bNe

Now to read the book and make it work. Remote is neat. I've had it on. Great display.

Brutus

We had some rain and sleet here and now snowing - we went to son's basketball games, but it was snowing when we got home at about 4:30. Daughter and I cleared the driveway while son took a shower after the game. We’ll have to do it again tomorrow, but since it is now snow, then I think the snowblower should work tomorrow – today it was just slush and sleet so it didn’t work very well and we switched to shovels. Sure goes through a "tank" of gas fast! I have enough for a couple more refills I think, but will need to get a new can that holds more before the next snow. No train time today, but hope to work on the Christmas layout tomorrow.

Chief - nice pic! Looks bigger than I expected? We all want a full report now, so no reclinerizing until you've got it running! Also, does your new camera make videos? (hint hint hint) :)

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
JOHN,I went to BARRYs yesterday. MIKE had sold three sets while I was there and two others had to go and think of wich ones they wanted to buy. Lots o people came in the hour I was there. I only picked up principals stuff. Going back on Tuesday to get my Legacy and hopfully the UP FEF.
CHIEF, Big question I have is can you have TMCC
1 and the LEGACY plugged in together or is it that the Legacy overrides the TMCC Cab1? I would still like to have both on same layout so friends can operate and so can I. How long does it have to charge up? Do you have to have it plugged in all the time? YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! or in GOLF, YOU DA MAN!!!!!
laz57

dbaker48

Congratulations Chief !!! I guess rank does have its priviledges.
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

AND You have another Legacy engine arriving next week????? Must be Nice!!
Laz, gets his Monday,
icon_smile_thumbsup.gif
That's going to work out great. I don't expect to see mine till after Christmas, (if I'm really lucky may see it on christmas Eve, but I doubt it. All due to the shipping time, and how long it takes JT to ship upon receipt.) Oh well, I can wait, (not much choice)
So will be watching you and Laz's posts to see how it all works, maybe I'll start reading the manual that's on line.
Wonder if you will be able to integrate the MTH switch operation into the hand held?
I should have stayed out of the train room tonight. Had a small window that had come out of one the Cotton Belts cab door. AND, the body was out of alignment with the frame. so took it apart, got the window fixed, a screw post on the inside had broken loose. got that fixed as well. Then mounting the body back together, a capacitor comes rolling out the frame. Fortunately, the leads were still on the cap, and the pcb is silkscreened with the polarity and location, so will have to solder it back in tomorrow. (After work).
Have fun with the Legacy's and be looking forward to the posts and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.