Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
bday1bday2:wave7: Happy Birthday, John B.!

Happy Birthday old man. Sorry I missed it.

Could do a short window sill layout as a double type window in office. Could do bigger one on desk if I didn't use desk [its big]. Got Nikon camera from Wolf Camera. Got free Epson color HD printer. No joke. Will use it with my laytop. Will take pictures of office and post soon. Not as fancy as Dr. John's office though. :rolleyes:

Good night all. Busy Town day tomorrow.

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Afternoon from Town Hall. Was going to post as soon as I got here but got busy. Got office arranged [new big desk and 2 visitor seats] and pictures and awards hung. Got couch coming [for naps :eek:]. Got to go to Raleigh soon. Thanks for the tip on cameras. Might do some trains. Can do that while I "pee the boys". :rolleyes:
Later

Congratulations Chief-- On the new camera and printer.
Also, enjoyed the phone call. That camera does a great job! Very good resolution, and then being able to send the image by your cell, I'm impressed. As requested, I have posted the images you sent.

I do have to admit that your office is a LOT nicer than I thought it would be! And I misunderstood when you said you had 2 visitor seats, I thought it would be a horizontal 2 - holer, this one is really nice. (Custom Made???)

I'm really amazed with what you were able to do with the office in such a short time.

-I don't know of ANYONE that has a desk as big as that one you have out back. Its nice to see that they didn't spare any expense. (You might want to give Laz a call.)
-Leave it to you to have a caboose up the first week, I like your subtle approach with the bird perchs. Or is that one of the new street lights?
-When you said you were going to have the deer up from the pond, I was suspcious, but I guess there's no doubt. You are really talking their langauage.
-I do have to advise you that, the sign is NOT an award! You better take it back before the Park Rangers realize its missing!
Oh Yeah, I almost forgot. Looks like You do have enough parking space for your JD.

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning....................
It is 34 degrees and going up to 39 today with cloudy skies.
Today is a busy day. Have some errands to run and finish up some projects around the house. No time for trains again. This weekend , I will spend time in the train room.
Everyone have a nice day.
Chuck

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 34 and big snow strom coming for the weekend.

Don - thanks for posting the pics of Chief's new office. Now I can see why he wanted to come out of retirement. :p Makes me almost want to move South wall1

Looks like I missed Dr. John's birthday, so here it is bday1

here are some new 1/43 scale bikes I pick up

47b7cc33b3127cceb2c00b91bb8d00000037108IZMmrFwxbA

All be safe

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 31 F and foggy this morning as I headed off to work. Luckily I did not encounter any icy roads but the traffic reports indicated that they were all around me. High today is supposed to be 46 F. For the weekend we are supposed to have a winter mess with snow, sleet, and rain. The weather idiots cannot agree on how much snow or rain.

I did not make here yesterday. I went on a field view to the Washington, DC area to take a look at several retractable median barrier installation on the beltways in Virginia. We are considering using them on several projects and since no one knew much about how they operated we needed to see them in the field. Going down wasn’t much of a problem but coming home we were in heavy rain from Baltimore to the Mason-Dixon Line. Along way in Chester County we saw evidence of the ice as the trees and grass were loaded with ice, but luckily not the roads.

No modeling last night. I was just too tired from all the driving.

This weekend is family Christmas pictures, grocery shopping (during another Bread and Milk Panic), and maybe some last minute Christmas shopping.

Modeling-wise I need to finish painting the railings on coil cars and then begin weathering them. On the layout there are details to add to the Farm House Area and begin some planning for the next section to be worked on.

I was very sadden to hear about Gil Flinn’s passing.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Dr. John

Dec 23, 2003
Prattville, Alabama
Visit site
'Morning from Dixie. Clear and cooler this morning. No fog for the first time in days. Temps are supposed to drop rapidly over the weekend.

Spanky, John Baker's birthday was yesterday, but I do appreciate the thought! :mrgreen:

Eldest daughter is home for Christmas break. Son drives down tomorrow. This will be her last Christmas as a single woman - she gets married in June. Still trying to wrap my mind around that!

Time for some more coffee, then errands to run. Later!

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
John--
THANK YOU for the doll house project info, absolutely beautiful. I think we will be building one of those in the near future, looks like a fun tag team project. I think we will talk to the kids this weekend and see if it's OK for Grandpa & Grandma to take on a project like this.

Dr. John, I heard Al Roker say that the SE part of the country is in for some moisture this weekend, will say a little extra prayer that his forecast comes true. Our sub soil "tanks" are full so hopefully the spring rains won't cause floods. Seems odd that we have an excess of water in the ground and only a days drive away there is none.

Bitterly cold here this morning with possible 1-3" of snow tomorrow, that would be a joy compared to the ice we've been experiencing. Staying a little too busy with my part time job commitment, the next time I retire I'm actually going to find a rocking chair and get an unlisted phone #. The good thing though is the money this job earns let's me blow it on wants instead of needs:car1:

Jon

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
I've been busted!!!!! Someone sent that CA rat pictures from Town Hall. :eek::cry:

:curse: I'll get even

Morning from the two holer. :wave: Getting ready to go to County meeting [free lunch :thumb:]. Hope all are well and Jon gets plenty of SNOW. :twisted: Dr. John, hope we both get lots of rain.

Later

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Cool and wet here today. Expecting a high 62 with plenty of rain tonight.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/14/2007

Wind Chill: 50°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today
High: 54°F
Low: 51°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph E

Today High: 62 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 60s. East winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Patchy fog in the evening. Showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall and damaging winds after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

P1010009-4.jpg

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Happy Birthday John B. Good news! We are having a little gathering next week for the specific purpose of getting the photos for you. Sorry it has taken this long, but with the movie and all the other things keeping my attention, I have not had the chance to relax for some time.

Speaking of the movie, we finish with the filming today. One thing that is neat with this project is that we have rough edit right at the filming location. I got to see some of the train scenes and they are great. The railroad was fantastic in providing the train and the personel. When this is all done, I have some photos to post.
Dennis

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
' Afternoon from an icy and cold Crystal Lake where the bride is still on her way to Iowa to visit friends - she inadvertently circled Rockford a few times I guess. It should be a five hour drive - she's been on the road 6 already.

I was able to take the boys out for lunch to a new non-chain 'joint' for hot dogs and pizza. Good guy food. I am also happy to hear Diesel (Thomas' decidedly-non friend) is apparently coming in.

Happy day-after birthday to John Baker! John F, that must mean both of you join Jack Benny at age 39. Dennis, glad you're done filming.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Storm's a comin'! 90 percent chance of snow tonight and 60 percent tomorrow for a total of about 4 to 6 inches, or so they say. Good thing I've got this snow blower. Of course, if it wasn't for global warming, it would probably be 4 feet of snow :-^

Sounds like a good time Doug! Pizza? Hot dog!

Say, Chief, you need to tell Don that this makes you Holier than Thou (Him anyway!) :-D

Nice transformer car, Jeffrey. TomPM, glad you are back, sounds like a long trip to me?

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hey RT, are you getting any time off at Christmas with the new job? I think the stores around us all close early on Christmas eve anyway. How is the shelf layout coming?

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening,

Spent most of the day shopping with Jean. Also put some Christmas arrangements on the parents graves. Weather here was cool and clear, first sight of the Sun for several days. Looks like it will go into hiding again for the week end.

Did run some trains this evening. Put my new Lionel voltmeter car on one of the trains. I checked it out at the dealer and compared the voltage reading with his Z-4000. The meter was right on, so I bought it. Should be handy to check for voltage drop at different points on the layout. No pile ups, but it was close. The batteries died in one of my DCS handhelds and I lost control of one train on the mainline with two trains running in tandem. wall1 Luckily I was close to the main power switch and could kill it in time. :thumb:

Not much work on the doll house today, just installed the third floor partition. Back to roof work tomorrow, hope to finish the roof & then on to floor covering and trim work.

A great weekend to everyone.

PS: Loved the shots of the Chief's new office.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
CHIEF love those parliment pics, NICE OFFICE, way to go JOHN B.
Went to BARRYs after school today to play train elf for principals wife, GOT DA GOODS. All is happy in MILLERSBURG. CHIEF, LEGACY is coming in on Monday, probably pick up Tuesday.
later,
laz57

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Sad to hear about Gil Finn...wasn't too long ago he was posting pictures of a room remodel for his trains. Looks like he kept his spirits up 'till the end. He'll be missed...
John...Now that I'm grandpa to a baby girl as well, I'll have to indulge in your line of work....Great job on that doll house..!! :thumb:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Evening all. Notice Don Baker has not posted since his famous post. WE zapped him. Don't mess with Mother Nature and the Chief. :eek::twisted: [hope h is OK]
Laz, will check with Miss Edna tomorrow and see if it came in r whenshe thinks it will be here.
Long day working for the Town. Had Chamber of Commerce Christmas party tonight. Fed deer and came in to watch TV. Next thing I know, I was waking up in recliner [reclinerizing].
Good night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.