Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Morning. Hot and dry. Our friend on CTT, Zeke, may be a fake. :confused: Have a good one.
How so? My only concern when I first read your original post is that bradycardia (low pulse rate) does indeed call for a pacemaker and a defibrillator is for the other end of the spectrum, but using today's technology, the units normally contain both. I know, that's what I have and so I can't see them taking out one and putting in another, but hey, I'm not a cardiologist either so I accepted what she said as gospel. Let us know what you find out.

jefelectric

Well I never did get to see John but I did have fun watching the E 8's. We even made our bike trip to Staple Bend Tunnel.

I will be going back up to the Curve tomorrow for the first run of the PRR E-8.

BTW I have a new Caboose Photograph. This is what happens when those smart guys from NC try to use their GPS to find the curve. He had Vote for Mayor stickers all over the back.

new_caboose.jpg

John, We have a communications problem. I logged off the forum right after my post on Friday night as we had to get up early on Saturday morning to catch the train. We left Harrisburg at 7:15 so we got up at 5:00 AM. Got to Altoona about 10:30. Picked up more passengers and then went round the Horseshoe Curve and back to Altoona. Got off the train about 11:45. Ate lunch and checked out the Musuem and Vendors. Boarded the bus to the Curve about 3, I think. We did manage to take pictures of the E units when they made the third pass of the day. Got back to the Musuem about 5:30 and boarded the bus for home about 6:00 PM. I am glad we went yesterday, it was hot enough. Today is already too hot.

47b7d929b3127cce86b4ea583e5600000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

Here are the E-7s comming around the bend, unfortunatly an autorack is going the other way. At least it was on the outer track.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
:mrgreen: Well my guess is we were as close as 50 feet then. I moved to the steps for my shots due to the crowd along the tracks. I just got back from another trip. I took some additional shots around the Cassandra area.

We were so close but yet so far away. :thumb:

Yeah I have a bad feeling too Chief.:confused:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I think i heard that they didn't make up their minds on a budget yet.... We'll have to see.......

8:20 PM and still no word. Looks like I am getting an unpaid vacation tomorrow.:curse::cry:wall1

We went out to the movies this after and saw Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer. We took down our old swing set and cut it up. It will go to the curb tomorrow night.

Well I am hoping to head downstairs for some modeling.

steamhead

Hey Tom...sorry to hear about your unwanted, unpaid vacation. I presume your distinguished lawmakers will get the same treatment. Or is it another case of "as long as I'm OK, I don't give a .... what happens to everyone else..."?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Good luck with the budget decision Tom. I'd hate not knowing what was going to happen and having my work in the hands of decisions makers like that.

Did you use a Sawz All on that swing set? I borrowed one from my neighbor to cut down two old metal laundry line poles in the back yard. Great tool! I don't need one very often but it sure is the right thing wen you need it!

Rain!!! Blessed rain this afternoon in the Twin Cities after about a month without any significant precipitation. I swear my lawn is greening as I watch!

Ralph

slekjr

That was back when the Shawmut Railroad was still running.

Lets see trains, walleye and whiskey what a great place. :thumb:[/quote]

Well the distillery is gone, the Shawmut is operated by the BP, and Conrail is now NS, but acording to the locals the fishing is great.,
The fishing on the Kiski was non=existant, but now is producing walleye, bass, and trout. Quite a comeback.
I was an avid fisherman until I came here, haven't put a line in the water for 13 years. I keep saying I'll do it next year.
I knew the distillery was doomed when I stopped drinking 30 years ago. One beer a year won't keep anyone in business
Charlie

CNWman

CNW Fan
Hey guys,
Today I went to the monthly meeting of Division 7 of the Midwest Division of the NMRA, and man what a time! One of the guys there presented this photo montage of prototype railroading in Cincinnati, which was humorus here and there (there was a boxcar w/ a warning on the door falling off). There was a contest on heavily weathered rolling stock, and all of the entries, described in Deano's words, were SLAP AWESOME! I bought a special NMRA car kit (a picture of which is in my gallery and in the weekly photo thread), and in the raffle that was held, one of the members was so generous that he gave his winning ticket to me! Plus, I got to tour a layout afterwards, and the detail on there was right down to the grabage in the detailed cans! From this experience, I plan on joining them!

Cheers,
CNWman

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

I hated those unpaid vacations back when I was working. They can sure make life hard.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/9/2007

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

National weather service Doppler radar indicated isolated showers moving across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana including the adjacent coastal waters this morning. These showers are moving rapidly to the northeast around 30 mph.

Today High: 90 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs around 90. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

eggsandham.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning. Hot and humid and NO rain. NC turning in to AZ. NC does a budget continuation so things keep going until the real one passes. Feds do the same. PA employees [including essential] should walk. When troopers, hospital workers and etc do not show up for work, bet they pass something then. Off to lunch with oldest daughter and then County Commissioner meeting most of the afternoon. Have a good week all. Good luck on the PA budget.

jeffrey-wimberl

A SuddenLink technician came by to check out my internet problem (the one that the cable company keeps saying is due to my equipment) and found that the problem is NOT due to my equipment. He did find however that the connections outside (cable companies responsibility) were corroded and replaced them. That helped things a bit. He then went up the pole and checked the connection there. Again, corrosion in the connector. He replaced it also. There's still noise in the line but it's coming from the main line (cable companies responsibility) going all the way back out to the main highway (about five miles). There's a lot of places to check between here and there, so the poor boy has his work cut out for him. So it's looking like what the company was saying was my problem is actually their problem. The tech checked all my stuff out and found it all to be good and within specs. I told them over a month ago that this was happening. I guess they just had to wait for enough people to complain about bad service to recognize that something may actually be wrong.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

I am sitting here on my unpaid vacation takes to the idiots in Harrisburg who cannot get together on a budget. I guess Pennsylvania is now the laughing stock of the country with our state offices shutdown. In a state that relies heavily on tourism to have their state parks, camp grounds, and museums shutdown at the height of tourist season is just plain stupid.

We are supposed to reach 100 F today. Current temperature is 88 F. I have some small projects to do around the house that will keep me busy for today.

I got no modeling done this weekend. Just could not find the time.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That stinks Tom! I hope they get their act together soon! A few years ago our State Parks were closed during tourist season due to a strike. It ain't a good thing.
Best wishes!
Ralph

Chief Eagles

Tom, really sucks. Can you apply leave to these days off and not lose pay? Should be able to if they don't "back pay" you. County Commissioner meeting was something. Caught the School Board playing games with buying properties and wasting $$$$$$$$$$$$. Hot [was 98] and humid. NEED RAIN.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Good Morning Everyone

Wow, those Pennsy locos look WONDERFUL, wish I was there to see them in real life!

Well I'm sick in bed- got the flu- boohoohoo, it sucks!
Lucky for wireless I can sit with my laptop and spend time at my second home- The Gauge!

Next week Tuesday I'll be going for a job interview as a trainee manager, wish me luck, I really need this break!!

Keep well all, be glad for the heat, it's cold here!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

I am finally back to work as the state has budget or at least a budget agreement. Of course it came late after I went to bed. I got up at my usual early time to feed the cat, let the dogs out, and give one of the dogs his medication and found out that we were called back with an announcement made sometime after 11 PM. With the unpaid “vacation day” yesterday I did get a bunch of odd and end type things done around the house. You know those projects that needed one or two more things done to finish them.

We are now in our third day of temperatures over 90 F which makes this an official heat wave. High temperature today is supposed to be 97 F. Right now it is 80 F.

No modeling last night. We had to drop the kids off at vacation Bible School and while they were there my wife and I went to some Cub Scout District meetings regarding recruitment and the popcorn fundraiser.

I hope everybody has a good day.

ezdays

Out AZ way
After 11 straight days over 110 we finally got a break. The past two days were in the normal range of around 106. We've not seen a drop of rain for almost three months now, but they're saying that is going to change this week. I see some clouds outside right now,:wave: so let's hope they're right.:thumb: Our "monsoon" season is late this year, that's when we have a shift in the weather and we get late afternoon storms coming in from the Gulf of Mexico. The blowing dust and we hope rain, makes a mess of everything and we frequently get flooding as well, but it's a welcome relief from the scorching hot days.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/10/2007

Heat Index: 90°F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 76°F

So Far Today
High: 82°F
Low: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSW

Through 11 AM...isolated showers streaming in from the gulf will move northeast at 20 knots over the coastal waters east of Cameron. These showers will continue to move inland into acadiana. Areas east of Lafayette and New Iberia can expect amounts ranging from a trace to a tenth of an inch.

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph.

sausage1.jpg

Chief Eagles

Heard thunder!!!!! :eek: Went outside and it was sprinkling. No big cloud over head so probably all we will get. Been watering wife's flowers and shrubs all day. Left truck out for free rinse. First one it has had in over a month. Was going to pull it on the grass and wash it this PM. That way water will get to grass and not on the concrete pad we have out back. Later.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Temperature do-hickey reads:
98 "Feels like" 100 outside
92 inside (where I am)

Supposed to get showers tonight - - storms tomorrow - to cool us off to the mid 80's by Thursday :D

.... Can't wait!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.