Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Happy T DAY to one and all.
Going to IN LAWS in about an hour, then to MOMs for rest of weeekend. Then hunting deer on Monday. Hope I don't have to go swimming again this year for buck?
Have a good one talk to you on Monday or Tuesday?
laz57

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Been in the 70's. Front coming through and some rain [I hope and pray a lot] and then temps dive. How fitting. All the Yanks in Ohizo are going to get snohio. :twisted: More work upstairs and then off to In-laws. Grandson suppose to be on the way. :thumb: Later.

dbaker48

Hmmm, Now this is weird, I was looking at some of the other forum, and threads on this sight. And responded to one regarding Rug Runners within the G/O/S Scale Model Trains. To my surprise the following response came back -

Don- I'd love to see your layout some time. Have you ever gone to AGHR down in San Pedro? Let me know if you want to go (bring some trains to run too).

Now here we have both been a member of the same club me 2 years, Gino 4 or 5, and we don't know each other. And meet on the forum. Turns out he normally attends on Saturdays, and I attend on Wednesdays.

How Bizarre is that!!

Frank53

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

While the house is still quiet, I went and worked on the track plan some more:

I think this is workable:

day106-499.JPG

I have two lines circling the trestle and have only minor modifications to the tables (I don't know what it is, but what I built is definately not what I would call "benchwork") with a few inches added on at each end.

day106-500.JPG

I managed to get a small spot for some industries under the winow, although I may elimnate one switch to open it up more for structures and scenery.

day106-501.JPG

Under the industrial area, I managed a second reversing loop -- partially concealed, but the switch is accessible.

The outer line ducks under and remerges around the curve, levaing plenty of room for scenery, but still have a good amount of train presence. In this area, I am thinking of using the Electromagnetic crane for a scrap yard.

day106-502.JPG

The only thing I am missing is a spot where the trains can change loops, which I would really like to do. I am going to let this sit for a while and revisit it later to see what opportunities I might have for a couple of interchanges.

This went pretty smoothly. Only casualty being I chipped a tooth extracting some pins from some old track. Chuck would be familiar with this type of mishap.

:mrgreen:, opps, I mean ---->
gap.gif

mitchelr

Doug M., They still have paper boys (& girls) in the built up areas of E-town. Not out here in the country, we have adults driving this area. Also still have afternoon paper in Lancaster, only one I know of in the area.

John,

Hanover still has an evening paper.

[FONT=comic sans ms,sand]Happy Turkey[/FONT] [FONT=comic sans ms,sand]Day[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sand]From Beautiful Gettysburg PA
[/FONT]
Dinner with family today. Drive safely everyone and take care.

[FONT=comic sans ms,sand]Mitch[/FONT]

cnw1995

Happy T'giving from a cold (19 degrees) Crystal Lake with a trace of snow on the ground. This temp is probably on its way east. Not many of those evening papers left, Mitch. A shame. Frank53, good thing to think on it. Looks wonderful to me how you fit everything in and it's still accessible but I think you'd miss that connection. Have a good day everyone...

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It is 66 F and I hear the lawn mowers going in the neighborhood! We had to cut our grass yesterday. Can you believe still mowing the lawn at Thanksgiving in the Philadelphia area? High today will be around 70 F.

The turkey is in the oven and we have some down time until we have to start with the rest of the vittles. We may go catch a movie. This has become our family tradition, while the bird is cooking. I think we may see Beowulf.

No modeling last night.

I hope everybody has a good day and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Dr. John

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone is having a good day today. Sorry to hear about Jeffrey and CNWMan, prayers for their improved physical health.

We're heading to my sister-in-law's house for dinner shortly. Everyone be safe!

Frank53

I have decided for the time being to eliminate the small spurs on the right side in favor of more room for structures:

Here is a blown out fireworks factory I did a few years ago. Need to be dusted off and some things re-glued, but it will be a nice fit here. The black paper simulates a road which will emerge from beanth the city scape corner on the upper level. It will reach a three way corner and then head down to the left in front of teh fireworks factory, and do likewise, going to the right.

I can also see how some of the heights are going to make the visual transition from the upper level to the lower level easier:

34031737.jpg

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict

Now here we have both been a member of the same club me 2 years, Gino 4 or 5, and we don't know each other. And meet on the forum. Turns out he normally attends on Saturdays, and I attend on Wednesdays.

How Bizarre is that!!

Too funny!!!!!! sign1sign1sign1sign1

Brutus

Happy Thanksgiving - again, I'm thankful for you all! Frank - ouch! Watch the teeth man. I did that on a bottle cap in college once :eek:

Your layout is really going from great to super-great! I'm so inspired by it each time.

Wife spent a couple hours in line, but no Wii. You know, the only thing the boy wants for Christmas. wall1

Don - Funny!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
For Everyones info.... We are Now FOUR PAGES away from splitting off this thread..... I'll post a link as the last post, after locking this thread.. somewhere around page 100 :D :D :D

I have decided for the time being to eliminate the small spurs on the right side in favor of more room for structures:

Here is a blown out fireworks factory I did a few years ago. Need to be dusted off and some things re-glued, but it will be a nice fit here. The black paper simulates a road which will emerge from beanth the city scape corner on the upper level. It will reach a three way corner and then head down to the left in front of teh fireworks factory, and do likewise, going to the right.

I can also see how some of the heights are going to make the visual transition from the upper level to the lower level easier:

34031737.jpg
Frank....I like your Fireworks Factory. It has a nice touch. ( tubular track looks good too ). So, how is your tooth doing ?? Yes, I have chipped a few , pulling pins over the years.
Chuck

Chief Eagles

Back from In-laws. Ate too much. Hurting. Grandson is crawling and wanting to walk and only a little over 7 months. He is a mess. Suppose to spend the night tonight so he gets to see the Big Boy run.
Hatter, when is the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.