Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Thanks Guys!! :D :D I'm looking forward to it :D Right now we're at the "Hoping everyone's happy & Healthy"

Then the "spoiling " begins bounce7bounce7

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I've been following that for the Geocaching tours :) They do covered bridge "Hide-N-Seeks" :D WAY COOL!!!!!

That is cool!

On Sunday we drove down to the Delaware Museum of Natural History. I wanted to show my wife another way for her to get to work without taking US 1. We drove Smithsbridge Road. We then found out that Smith's Bridge across the Brandywine Creek is a covered bridge. It is just inside of Delaware. My son wanted to drive across one and he got his wish. We just didn't know how close one was.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning. Happy Independence day.

The only good thing I can say about the weather here is that it will keep the incidence of fireworks related fires down. There's some fools out here shooting them everywhere and at everything. One guy even shot a couple off toward a police car and actually wondered why he got arrested!

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/4/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph ESE

This morning. - Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms will occur along and southwest or west of a line from Lufkin to Jasper Texas to Longville...Lake Charles and Grand Chenier Louisiana. Strong storms in this area will move north 15 to 20 mph across Sabine Pass into the Port Arthur area. Scattered showers will occur in the area along and south of a line from Lake Charles to Lafayette to Morgan City. Over the coastal waters...numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms will occur from Grand Chenier to High Island out 60 nautical miles. Widely scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will occur from the lower Atchafalaya River to Grand Chenier out 60 nautical miles.

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms with a 100% chance of blazing fireworks in your area. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

steakandeggs.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Happy 4th of July! We're up way too early on a holiday to visit friends for the day. A three hour drive each way and then work tomorrow. Coffee....coffee.....

coffee1.jpg

slekjr

One guy even shot a couple off toward a police car and actually wondered why he got arrested!

Dear Jeff
Last year some idiot used our bridge over the Kiski river to launch a big tub of roman candles.
I didn't know it until the next day on a track inspection.
Luckily none of the timbers caugh fire.
Tonight I will be on the bridge to prevent a reoccurance.
We live close to the Zambelli people in New Castle Pa.
I wish the amatures would leave it to them.

Hope everyone has a grand Independance day

Charlie

Chief Eagles

Happy Fourth to all. Not happy for a CTT Forum buddy Zeke. His girlfirend has been posting his conditions. Asking for prayers for this guy [a disabled Vet].

Wow, Its nice to see you all care so much for Zeke( btw his real name is Brian he hates it but thats what it is Zeke is his middle name) Well Zeke did suffer a heart attack last night. His heart stopped last night for 4 minutes. (sorry its hard to type this without cryin) They brought him back and he's in critical condition, they took him into syrgery last night and took out his diflibulator. I was told it was infected around the area of it. Also something i didnt know is that his heart is in backwards, and when he was shot in bagdad the bullet removed a section of his heart. Whoever performed surgery on him saved his life. But theres a section missing from his heart. Which in turn causes him to have a very slow or irregular heart beat, the doctor called it bradycardia. I believe thats how its spelled. so they gave him the diflb. But the doctors here said that he should have had a pacemaker instead. so they are installed a pacemaker. He hasnt woke up yet and the doctors are worried his body is nt responding. Hes still in critical condition right now. He also has this brain tumor they want to remove, not sure if they are gonna do it or when. waiting to hear from dr. Zeke is a survivor he will pull threw. This man has been stabbed three times, shot 3 times, suffered 2 heart attacks, a brain anurizim and has a brain tumor, he will pull threw this, he has to.

Goin back to the hospital now.

Jenny

Later post.

Hey guys thought id post this.Im at the hospital (well actuall outside at a coffee shop). And he has woke up finally. He isnt talking yet just staring at me. Kinda creeping me out a little honestly, the way he's staring at me. Glad hes awake though. He was awake for about 20 minutes. No response though just awake. I told him i posted to you all and you send get well wishes, to him. he smiled. They doc's said he lost alot of blood during the operation, andhad minor difficulties with the pacemaker but its in. They also spotted a hole in his heart which they repaired, they told me he can leave here as soon as wed or thursday as lond as he shows improvements. Im not sure if he will be here if you mailed him cards. If you want to send them please just send them to our home, i dont think he will be here long they said its working properly and really only need him to stay here 1-2 days. Seems short time for a pacemaker operation but im not dr.

zeke watkins
4356 e bonnyview rd
redding, ca 96001

The dr did tell me zeke said he couldnt feel his legs before the operation, but he was having a heart attack. I hope he's alright

thank you

jenny

Later

pennman

WELL HAPPY FOURTH EVERYONE

Ralph, can I have my coffee cup back? PLEASE

Chief, my best to your buddy Zeke

Yall have a fun safe day,
Tony

jefelectric

Happy 4th of July to everyone. :wave:

I would like to add a little to the Chief's post about zeke. From what has occured you might guess that zeke is an older vet, he is just a young guy and a vet of the current war in Iraq. Please send him a card to the address that the Chief has listed, I'm sure it would be appreciated and do mention that you are a train guy if you send one.

Thanks for helping to cheer up a guy that is really down.

Chief Eagles

Zeke report. Stroke and not heart attack. He was in wheelchair earlier tonight. Think he will make it. Says he is 30 years old. Mighty young for all this to happen.

Fireworks over. 7 deer stood in the field behind my house and watched the fireworks [big town display on other end of field] too. :eek: Neighbors shooting off fireworks beside field too.

Later

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
The Kiskiminetas River and Schenley = the Schenley Distillery. There must be a new short cut to New Castle. :mrgreen: I use to do some great fishing near you opposite of Kelly Station. That was back when the Shawmut Railroad was still running.

Lets see trains, walleye and whiskey what a great place. :thumb:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

We have a rainy day today here in the Delaware Valley. Currently the temperature is 73 F and we are supposed to reach 86 F. It is somewhat uncomfortable because the humidity is going up. Yesterday was quite cool in the morning. It was 66 F at 8:30 AM when we left for the 4th of July parade. As the day went on it got warmer but in the evening it got very muggy just before the rains. As for the parade the kids marched or should I say rode their decorated bikes. Each got a trophy for their decorations. We did not go to any fireworks last night since by 8 PM it was raining steadily.

I sealed the two gondolas, six reefers, and two flat cars. I also rain some trains.

Good luck to Zeke and hope he has a swift recovery.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's weather for the Sundown area.
Numerous showers and thunderstorms occurring at 8 AM along and southwest of a line from Lufkin to Kirbyville Texas to Vinton and Johnson bayou Louisiana will move northeast and east 30 mph. The storms should move into the area near Toledo bend dam to Longville to Lake Charles to Cameron Louisiana by 9 AM. Other showers and thunderstorms from north of pecan island to Marsh Island at 8 o'clock will move through the Intracoastal City area and to coastal Iberia and Saint Mary parishes through 9 AM. Isolated showers will occur elsewhere over the region. Over the coastal waters...scattered showers and thunderstorms will occur from the lower Atchafalaya River to Intracoastal City and from Cameron to High Island out 60 nautical miles.
Today High: 82 Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Off to Mom's down east. Get some good Eastern NC Pork Bar-be-que and SOUTHERN fried chicken. :mrgreen: Frankie is driving. Buddy on CTT, Zeke, is doing good. Talking about throwing him out of hospital. Must be a VA hospital [as he is disabled Vet]. :confused: Legs still not working. Put in pacemaker.

Have a great day.

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Glad I went to Mom's. A/C not working. She did not know it [going on 91]. Fan inside was running. Contactor for compressor and fan was bad. Guy fixed in a jiffy.
Ate at Masonic Lodge tonight [invited]. Indorsing my "Mayorship". File tomorrow. Do not think anyone is running against me. We'll see. Most folks know I have been doing the job for the last three years anyway.

Deer back in field behind house feeding on soybeans.

Good night all.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Evening all. Glad I went to Mom's. A/C not working. She did not know it [going on 91]. Fan inside was running. Contactor for compressor and fan was bad. Guy fixed in a jiffy.
Ate at Masonic Lodge tonight [invited]. Indorsing my "Mayorship". File tomorrow. Do not think anyone is running against me. We'll see. Most folks know I have been doing the job for the last three years anyway.

Deer back in field behind house feeding on soybeans.

Good night all.

Sounds good!! The A/C is working and Best of Luck!!!!

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/6/2007

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.35"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph SSE

Through 5 AM...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will continue in the area along and east of a line from sea rim state Park to Beaumont Texas to De Quincy to Flatwoods Louisiana. In this area...showers and thunderstorms will be more numerous in the Alexandria area...near Lafayette and New Iberia into the Morgan City area. Scattered showers will occur over northern parts of Tyler and Jasper counties in southeast Texas. Isolated showers will occur elsewhere over the region. The storms will move northeast 30 mph.

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

steak-eggs-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.