Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwiemer

Frank, I certainly am glad to see you posting over here. I have enjoyed your input and watching the progress on your layout. Hope the ones who ruffle feathers stay away. Anyway, I am working on some scenery for the layout and have borrowed some of your ideas.
Dennis

Frank53

Dennis:

I don't think my poor old feathers can take much more ruffling - at this point, I'm molting.

I hope you'll post some photos of what you have been doing on your layout.

Frank53

Thanks John - I saw a movie once called "Wrong Turn", some southern Hillbillies got hold of some folks who took a wrong turn - wasn't pretty.

Looks like quite a fine crowd has migrated over.

pennman

Hey guys, Hows it been going? missed alot been reading allthe posts I can...Trying to getbackto yall but everything keeps getting in the way ofmytrains and my hobby...(WIFE & Grand kids)HAHA. Now the holidays are comming. Well promise o try and be aroundmore, Miss all the bull
Yall have fun,
TONY

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Hey guys, Hows it been going? missed alot been reading allthe posts I can...Trying to getbackto yall but everything keeps getting in the way ofmytrains and my hobby...(WIFE & Grand kids)HAHA. Now the holidays are comming. Well promise o try and be aroundmore, Miss all the bull
Yall have fun,
TONY

Hey!! Glad you could stop in for your monthly visit hehehehe :) :) Welcome Back!!!!!

Brutus

Hi Frank! Hey, I've been checking your website for updates too! Hi to Pennman and Ngauger - hope you are having a nice evening.

Chief Eagles

Frank, I certainly am glad to see you posting over here. I have enjoyed your input and watching the progress on your layout. Hope the ones who ruffle feathers stay away. Anyway, I am working on some scenery for the layout and have borrowed some of your ideas.
Dennis

Careful Dennis, I've been called a "two faced typical politician" for saying something like that in an earlier post. Think someone got upset when not invited to join us here. I did not call any names. So, I added to the old post. We have an old Southern saying, "Bit Dog Always Hollers!"

Frank, I'll be Frank. Glad to see you here. You can help us a lot with your ideas and layout building hints.

Well, both faces are sleepy so I guess I will hit the sack.

Good night all.

Frank53

Any of you CTT folks who have an interest in post war might want to check out the thread I have running at the place I post most regularly.

I suspect it would be bad from to post a link, but those who know me know how to find it.

That thread has been going for 14 days, has almost 17,000 views and over 500 posts of photos of post war Lionel items that all belong to the various participants. There are well over 400 different items including over 30 different post war steamers, 30 different post war diesels and over 70 different post war freights. That's not to mention flat cars, accessories, etc, etc.

It is unbelievable the stuff that has shown up there.

Brutus

Yes, it's a great thread you started - I found it before from a write-up on ogaugewatch! I agree with that writer that someone should save those pictures/posts permanently and keep adding to it! Just excellent, thanks very much!

dbaker48

Let's see.... need something witty to post. Hmmmm nothing witty around here..

Frank nice to "see" you here also. Think I need to send an email to dougdagrump, Maybe he didn't get the same email I didn't get.

Sad day today.... sent the BB back to the Big L, wow was the shipping expensive, did insure it and required an Adult signature. (That would probably exclude Jerry or Mike from being able to sign for it I suppose.)

Now trying to figure out my next issue, my MTH 4400 diesel has decided to go mute. Checked ALL switches, adjustments, pots, then decided the battery must be dead. Let it set charging for 6 hours, then it rand and sounded great, (last night). Then this morning....Mute again, came home from work and it had sounds for 3 or 4 seconds, then mute. So called MTH, they said I had the xfmr connected wrong to the AIU, and nothing will work. (Couldn't explain why everything else is working OK.) Then told me I had a bad speaker or cold solder joint. So I'm going to try swapping batteries with another engine to see what happens.

Did get my Dremel to back. I stripped a gear, and checked their cust. serv, located in Palm Springs. They said it would cost $32 to repair, or $36 to upgrade it to the current model. Ok do the upgrade, so they sent it back today, and 0 cost. Charged it off to warranty!!

Then my son backed our El Camino out of the garage, into our van. Broken headlight & lense on Van, and bumper guard on EC.

Went to train club tonight, our stuff ran great, everyone else had problems. So maybe my black cloud has moved on.

Going to go to Hemet train shop tomorrow and return an extra switch, and do a presentation to a Computer Club tomorrow night in same area.

So have a great day,

Buckeye, I've got all the problems your avoiding. Thinking about maybe getting into a different hobby - maybe needlepoint.

Good Morning...........
It is gloomy outside. Cloudy and about 38 degrees. Only going up to 43 today.
Today is a relaxing day. I will run trains this afternoon. Few chores to do around the house. Wife is doing better each day. Less pain is helping.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

Frank53

Good Morning Gentlemen.

Chuck - your wife is feeling better and you have train running on your schedule - what's not to like?

I am in serious danger of finishing all of the foam base on the main level before Saturday which would allow me to start fumbling with the trackplan for the main level this weekend.

Just need to lay down four levels of half inch foam on this last 4x6 section:

21039803.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Apparently the forecasted winds for today blew itself out.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/15/2007

Wind Chill: 53°F
Humidity: 38%
Dew Point: 30°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 32mph NNE

Today High: 68 Sunny...cooler. Highs in the upper 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Colder. Patchy frost after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

P1010002-21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.