Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

We had more rain overnight. Some areas were harder hit than others as there were reports of trees down and power outages in certain locations throughout the Delaware Valley. It does appear that the rain is over for the next few days. The temperatures are more fall-like. It was 54 F as I rolled out of the drive this morning. Our high is supposed to be 63 F.

I did not get any modeling done last night.

This is one of those I have no idea what is going on weekends. Saturday is clear for the moment but that could change. My wife is now going to work on Sunday. Actually she is taking a field trip to look at a wetlands preserve. My son has a football game at home.

On the workbench I would like to airbrush weather the 11 hoppers I have been working on for months and seal them. I also would like to start adding some details to the Farm House area on the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Bob Collins

47 F here this morning with a predicted high of 65. Lots of leaves on the ground, so the fall racking begins NOW:eek::eek:

Great day yesterday as I got stopped by 3 or 4 trains as I moved around town doing errands. :thumb::thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/12/2007

Wind Chill: 57°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 56°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph ENE

Today High: 85 Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.

P1010004-6.jpg

Chief Eagles

Evening. Greenhouse clean and chloroxed. Put down ant granduals [little buggers love to get in pots during winter] and watered it in. Load 90% of wife's plants in [pots and hanging baskets]. She can do the remainder tomorrow as lows in the 40's tonight. Some big concrete pots I moved with hand truck. Now TV and microwave popcorn time. :thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/13/2007

Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 51°F
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 85 Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

P1010002-9.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Off to Miss Edna's [Todds Train Depot]. Cool [heat came on several times] but warming fast. Have a good one.

Bob Collins

Lots of thunder and lightening during the night last night and about an ich of rain in the gauge this morning. Great day to be totally lazy today. Heaven forbid that I should work on my layout. I haven't done anything to it for six months, why start nowwall1wall1

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/14/2007

Wind Chill: 55°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 58°F
Low: 55°F
Gust: 3mph E

Today High: 85 Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010002-11.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning. Back from Sunday School. Off to Baton Rouge LA on Thrusday AM. Think I will work on backdrop for divider on layout today. Have a good one and week.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen. Been a long time since I have been on here. Been too busy lately to really post and browse around. Hopefully that will change in the near future as winter is coming up fast here in the northeast. Hope everyone is doing well.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen. Been a long time since I have been on here. Been too busy lately to really post and browse around. Hopefully that will change in the near future as winter is coming up fast here in the northeast. Hope everyone is doing well.

Glad to have you back among us :D

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.
There's rain in the forecast this morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/15/2007

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 64°F
Gust: 8mph SSE

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

P1010003-13.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

We have a crisp morning out there. It was 46 F as I headed off to work. The high today is supposed to reach 69 F. Despite the recent rain we had we still need a mot more. The ground is once again rock hard and dry, and the plants are wilting.

My son’s football lost again. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse it did. Many of the players gave up after the other team scored their first touchdown. On the bright side my son’s team scored their first touchdown/points in 22 quarters. A sad commentary was that only 6 kids, including my son celebrated the TD; the others had a so-what attitude. In all my years coaching and watching youth sports I have never come across such a group of uninspired kids without any pride in themselves. The coaches try but how do motivate a kid who does not want to be motivated or who just doesn’t care? Sorry for the rant but my son was frustrated by the fact that so many of his teammates didn’t seem to care whether they won or lost.

The rest of the weekend was somewhat productive. We started getting the garage ready for the winter stuff but did not get too far because we had to rush my father-in-law to the doctor’s office because he ripped the toe nail out of big toe. Toe is healing up nice now. I did, however, clean a large portion of the basement.

I have almost completed the museum diorama for my wife. I still have some final painting and touch-ups. I also airbrush weathered the 11 hoppers. Next is sealing them and sprucing-up the plastic coal loads that came with the seven open hoppers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Bob Collins

Since 6:00 p.m. Saturday evening we have had 3.9 inches of rain in my rain gauge here at home, 2.8 inches of that falling last night!!

Chief Eagles

Since 6:00 p.m. Saturday evening we have had 3.9 inches of rain in my rain gauge here at home, 2.8 inches of that falling last night!!
How about sharing!!!!!! None for us and pond still dropping. Down about 5 feet. Lucky as 20 feet of water in a lot of it. Chirstmas trees on cement blocks standing up have not shown up yet. We have some ponds in the area almost dried up. Will have to be restocked. Sad.

Morning all. Hope to paint mountains on backdrop/divider. Got County Commissioner's Meeting this afternoon and Mended Hearts tonight. Cool mornings but into the high 80's today. Off to Baton Rouge Thursday with Cabela's party Thrusday night. Crawfish and shrimp galore. [dinner][:D]
Later

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
TomPM: I'm also young (21) and I also started noticing that people my age and younger Have this attitude of "I don't care".

It's really irritating and the only way to combat it is to say the same thing to them when they tell you something of interest to them.

But I've always got that (and I'm sure many others here have too), where people want to talk to you about their interests, but as soon as you mension even a letter from the word train people switch off and say it's not their thing, or their interest.

That's the problem with the world today no one cares.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning Everyone. It is turning out to be a nice day here today. Already in the 60's. Supposed to hit close to 70 which is kind of odd for october weather. Ah but who cares, it is better than snow. Hope everyone has a great day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.