Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Don,

Only in Arizona would 100+ be considered "cool" and a "relief" from (really) hot weather...! sign1

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Don,

Only in Arizona would 100+ be considered "cool" and a "relief" from (really) hot weather...! sign1

Andrew
Yep, that's the way we think here, this summer we had times when 105 sounded good.:eek: Ask the other guys here, we had the hottest summer on record. The average temperature was 96.2, some nights barely got below 100. The average low for August was 86, another record.

announce1The good news, yesterday was the first day of this month that the high temperature was below 100.:thumb: :thumb:

Pooh Bah
from the 'Peg

We're put in Winnipeg in the motorhome and yesterday we had to leave the A/C on (for the cats), but we're running the furnace every night.
The CPR hudson was supposed to come through town yesterday (on the line near the campground!) but it didn't do it while we were around and the local news didn't mention it. :curse: Today we did get stopped by a freight and I can tell you that the RailRunner commuter system will soon have another Bombardier car. Interesting: car is transported as second last car in a freight; I saw a pair of cars being transported and they were the 2nd and 4th from the back.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

Still on the cool side but it is supposed to be warming up. It was 58 F as I headed to work this morning. The high is supposed to reach 75 F. We will back in the mid-eighties by the weekend.

I finished painting the wheels for all the hoppers I am weathering. I now need to seal them. I also painted the first cost on the hard shell for the wife’s diorama.

Tonight will be busy. We have flute lesson, cub scouts, and back to school night. I think at some point tonight I will lose my mind.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/19/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 92 Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Tonight will be busy. We have flute lesson, cub scouts, and back to school night. I think at some point tonight I will lose my mind.

You too Tom - have a good one!! :) :)

~~~ Insanity is hereditary - you get it from Your Kids!! :D :D :D

N Gauger

Cooler weather here - things starting to slow down for Autumn (Starts Sunday).... Slowly starting to tweak the layout to make it run better... Maybe I'll add something new, but who knows....

Trying to get back into geocaching and hiking again now that the heat & humidity is leaving....

Starting to think about my design for my Gauge Challenge

Good hearing form everyone here :) :) I read every post either in my e-mail notifications or in "here" :D :D :D

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Seems everyone is busy like me. Frankie [son that is Deputy] and I had lunch. His birthday. Mom's was yesterday [91]. Got regional transportation meeting this afternoon [where is the commuter train?]. Hope to settle down tomorrow. Train layout work one day this week [??]. Fall weather here. Have a good one.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

You can feel that it is beginning to warm up. This morning it was 56 F as rolled out of the driveway. High will be around 82 F. By the weekend it will be in the mid-eighties with higher humidity. Still no rain in the five day forecast. It is getting dry.

I sealed the wheels for the hoppers. I also attached the Farm House, garage, and two barns to the layout.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/20/2007

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Gust: 5mph ENE

Today High: 90 Mostly sunny. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 60 Partly cloudy. Lows around 60. Light and variable winds.

gs9876.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Always love Jeffrey's layout photos. Cloudy for the next two days. They say only "spits". I say RAIN. NO MEETINGS!!!! Maybe RR time. Going to eat some waffles and sit and drink coffee. Wonder what is on Outdoor Channel and VS. Maybe check the Westerns Channel too. Lazy this AM. Hope all have a good one.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today, the weather is hot, dull and boring.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/21/2007

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 62°F
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 58 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

P9190005.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It is definitely warming up. You can feel the humidity rising. It was 62 F this morning and high should be 82 F. It is supposed to be in the mid-eighties with high humidity all weekend. Still no rain in the next week.

No modeling last night. Between spending most of the day looking at an old bridge and driving to it and my son’s football practice I had no energy left. The drive to the project site was over an hour on way from the office. I will be out in the field again today looking at another bridge project. This one is a little closer, only about 45 minutes from the office.

This weekend we will be off to the wonderful world of grocery shopping. My daughter has basketball on Saturday and my son has his first home football game on Sunday. Unfortunately for his team the Drexel Hill Raiders Midget JV Silver they will be up against the best JV Midget team, the Springfield Cougars Blue.

Modeling-wise I need begin adding foliage/bushes around the buildings in the Farm House area. Also I can work on weathering the hoppers on the workbench. Then there is also the diorama I am working on for my wife and the museum she works at. I will be teaching her how to make trees so we can use them on the diorama.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Cloudy and foggy. Got 1/2 inch of rain. Got meeting with Wake Co Public Schools this afternoon. Got to talk about the new schools planned for Town. Have a good weekend coming up. I fly to Dallas Sunday Morning early. Later

Bob Collins

I just looked and I haven't checked in since June, so I'll say hello. My layout looks exactly the same as it did last time I came by this way. I just don't seem to have or want to take the time to move on. I did replace a turnout I didn't like, but other than that, there it sits.:eek:

N Gauger

I just looked and I haven't checked in since June, so I'll say hello. My layout looks exactly the same as it did last time I came by this way. I just don't seem to have or want to take the time to move on. I did replace a turnout I didn't like, but other than that, there it sits.:eek:

Don't feel bad - mine has looked the same for years - I just keep changing engines and rolling stock

Bob Collins

I also quit the train club here. Great club layout in a railroad museum, but they never do anything. Meeting night are a gab session, no one runs the trains, haven't had an operating session in well over a year. Just seems to be a waste of money to belong. There is another club in Omaha, just across the river from me that I will probably check out next month. Ah, such is lifewall1

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/22/2007

Wind Chill: 68°F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Gust: 6mph N

Today High: 88 Mostly sunny. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. North winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

Ever seen a white elephant? Here's one.

P9200002-1.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hey, it's actually sprinkling out right now. We'll take anything we can get in the way of moisture. It's also not suppose to top 90 because of it.

Headed out to a gun show in a few minutes. Just kinda kicking tires, smaller than the last one I went to at the Fair Grounds, but that's a good thing. That one was spread out among four buildings and there was just too much to try to see. This one should be all in one place, my knees and hips just can't handle it otherwise.:eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.