Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Well it's getting hot again, surprised that winter (Down here anyway) went by so fast- been hitting the 29* - 30*C mark lately.

Great pics Jeffrey.

Chief- hope you're teaching Carter that trains are NUMBER ONE!!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, we had a change in our weather too. It only hit 108, two degrees below the record for that date, but we did achieve a different one. It only got down to 86 at night, a new record low high... or is that a record high low?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway, we're looking for more of that today, so we're going trap shooting early, maybe even before it gets too much past 100.

Got my rail stuff from Standard Hobbies, somehow they thought I'd need some HO roadbed to go with my N scale track.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: It shouldn't be too had to exchange, I hope...:cry:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning. Rain on the way so they say. Going to disk garden spots that are now bare. Sow turnips and the rain should get them going. Scouts is a great thing. I was one and then Scout Master for a while. Son went through them too. Carter is going to multitask. Trains, fishing and hunting, with a little gardening on the side. Have a good one.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Got some extremely bad weather coming through today. I'll be on pool watch today to make sure my parents in-ground pool doesn't overflow.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/13/2007

Heavy rain bands associated with Hurricane humberto will continue to rotate across south-central and central Louisiana. These rain bands will be accompanied by heavy rains... Increasing winds gusting to 30 mph and possibly brief tornadoes.

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.81"
Rain Rate: 0.24"/h
Gust: 21mph E

============================================
Important Message

Inland tropical storm warning in effect until 7 PM cdt this evening. Flash flood watch in effect through late tonight.
============================================

Today High: 82 Thunderstorms. Strong winds. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds increasing to 10 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph shifting to the south 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy with numerous showers and thunderstorms. Very windy. Lows around 70. Southwest winds 10 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

P9120475.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/14/2007

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 90 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds becoming north around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

P1010003.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good afternoon folks

It has been a crazy day at work. Meetings, meetings, and crisis abound. Weather is cooler than it has been in a while. Temperature this morning was 70 F when I left the house. Here at 2 PM it is 77 F with a high of 78 F. It is actually going to get cooler over the weekend. By Sunday the high will only be 69 F.

No modeling last night. I had a Town Hall meeting at work yesterday afternoon to discuss several emergency projects. The meeting went well but it was 4 PM by the time it was over. Since it was in upper Bucks County it took me almost 3 hours to get home. Then it was off to football practice to watch my son. I did work on the diorama I am making for my wife and her work.

We have events this weekend. Saturday my wife will be manning a table for the museum at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge’s Cradle of Birding Festival. The kids and I will spend some time with her. On Sunday my son’s football team, the Drexel Hill Raiders Midget JV Silver will visit the Springfield Cougars Midget JV Gold squad.

I would like to finish the foliage on the ridge and begin placing the structures on the Farm House Area. I also have a bunch of hoppers to weather.

I hope everybody has a good day.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
We have events this weekend. Saturday my wife will be manning a table for the museum at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge’s Cradle of Birding Festival. The kids and I will spend some time with her. On Sunday my son’s football team, the Drexel Hill Raiders Midget JV Silver will visit the Springfield Cougars Midget JV Gold squad.

I would like to finish the foliage on the ridge and begin placing the structures on the Farm House Area. I also have a bunch of hoppers to weather.

Comin' down ta MY neck of the woods eh????? :) You'll be only a few miles away from me :) :) Have fun!!!!!

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Big rain event for some. We got more today than we have accumulative for months. Tornados could have stayed away. 7 minor ones. Mostly trees and power lines. Also some straight line winds that did some damage. None here in Rolesville. Not much lightning here either. Some areas were getting 500 strikes per minute. Turnips will be coming up now. Will also get to mow grass with the JD. Been 6 weeks. Good night.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/15/2007

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 71°F
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 90 Mostly clear. Highs around 90. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Low: 65 Clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

P1010001.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.
We're getting a little break on the temperature today. It's only supposed to go up to 88. But worry not, it will be back in the 90's by Tuesday.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/16/2007

Wind Chill: 63°F
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 63°F
Gust: 7mph ENE

Today High: 88 Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds.
Tonight Low: 62 Clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds.

Imag0001.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

The weather has taken a fall-like turn. It was 46 F when I rolled out of the driveway this morning. On the walk from the parking lot to the office I could see my breath. High today is supposed to be 71 F.

We had a busy weekend. We attend the John Heinz Wildlife Refuge’ Cradle of Birding Festival. My wife worked for some of the festival as she help man the museum’s display table. I brought the kids down in the afternoon and we had a lot of fun. Sunday my son’s football team lost 13-0. In some ways his team played better than last week in others they played worse. The problem still boils down to some kids who are not paying attention and goofing off and thus hurting the team.

No modeling this weekend. I did wok on the diorama for my wife that she needs for work. I do now have to make a visit to the hobby shop for Hydrocal and few other supplies I need for the diorama and layout.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/17/2007

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 66°F
Gust: 7mph E

Today High: 90 Sunny. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

P9150003.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
WOW, am I late. Busy day. Had to go to Town Hall for a tree approval, lunch with new reporter, County Commissioner's Meeting this afternoon and Mended Hearts tonight. Wife has a big pot of homemade veggie soup [turned cooler so she does soup]. Time for dinner!!! Wanted to post the forums. Conrail, that is NS now except the part that went to that short line they call a RR [CSX :rolleyes: ]. Rebuilt a Post War ZW yesterday evening. Put in a used core from EBay, new cord and a new type of breaker. Had put in rollers earlier.
Later

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/18/2007

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 62°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 68°F
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 90 Mostly sunny. Highs around 90. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

P9120465.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It is still cool around these parts this morning. The temperature at the house this morning was 52 F. When I got to work, about 19 miles to the north, it was 48 F. High today is 72 F. We need some rain as the ground is getting rock hard but we have none in the 5-day forecast.

I pretty much finished adding the foliage to the ridge behind the Farm House Area. I need to spray everything the white glue and water mixture to set it. I also finished the hard shell for my wife’s diorama.

Not sure what I will get done tonight. My son has football practice and I need a trip to the craft store for some paint.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hey, we went out for an early breakfast and for the first time in months, it was actually cooler outside than in.balloon6 Wow, does this mean that fall is not far away? Well, not here really, they are still forecasting a few more 100+ days in the next week or so.:eek: Still, that beats 110+ by a long shot.:smile::smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.