Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Afternoon. Flight home from Manchester NH was a BIG ZOO. Actually did not get home until yesterday afternoon [instead of Tues night]. :curse: To long to go in too. Got a little rain yesterday but need more. Busy getting things done and luggage stored. Next trip in Aug to Prattsville AL, then Miami FL in Sept and two trips [no firm dates yet] to Baton Rouge LA [Cablea's and BPS grand openings]. Had great time running around to the train stores in the Manchester, Salem NH and Boston MA area. Now for lunch [home grown tomatoe sandwiches, Yankees, eat your hearts out :rolleyes:].

jefelectric

Good afternoon,
I think I solved my latest computer problem. Put a new fan in the power supply. So far so good. If it runs OK for a week then I am conviced.

We got two storms with .8" of rain on Tuesday evening. The temps have moderated a little from earlier in the week after the rain.

Got my new MTH box cab diesel in CNJ livery. Ran it at the shop but not since I got it home. To much stuff on the layout have to take something off to make room.

Take care,

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
We had a ½ inch of rain yesterday and 1 &1/10 today. What started, as a dry month is becoming a little wet. However I think we are still far off the pace. The temp was cool however I never did check what it was.

I just got down getting the layout together; I was using it as a junk table for the past month. The goal is to run some trains after the wife goes to bed. That is the only downsize of having it in the family room. It will be cool to have the three mainlines going again.

I did put in my silage bunkers tonight using the concrete barriers I just purchased. Now I have to fit some black plastic over the silage.

It has been a busy few weeks getting the first cut in and putting in some new pastures. I have had a little more time this past few weeks to work on the farm. I did manage to get a few applications and resumes out due to the pending job loss in August. The only bad part of that is I have some trains on order and well trains are not in the must need category now. Now I know why I never pre-ordered before.

[FONT=&quot]I think I will be able to cut a great deal on a K-Line TMC never run if anyone is interested. It should be in by July or August.[/FONT]

rogerw

Good morning all. Gil nice to put a face to a name, how is that pool? Ralph keep up the fight, I need you around for many years. Remember we got to rib each other on that packer/ viking rivalry.:wave::mrgreen: All have a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/22/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 30mph E

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

pancakes.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

We have had some great weather the last few days. Today is supposed to be another one. It was 68 F when I left the house this morning and the high is supposed to be 81 F with clear blue skies. As a matter of fact the whole weekend is supposed to be clear with highs in the high seventies and mid eighties. Last night was a pleasant night to cut the grass in the back yard.

I finished painting the grab irons on the Walthers gondola. I sealed it along with another gon and six Athearn steel reefers in preparation of weathering them.

This weekend is the first in ages that we have nothing planned. No games, no required shopping are on calendar. We are not sure what we’ll do. My wife is thinking about taking the family to the Delaware Museum of Natural History and give us a tour so she can practice what she has been learning the last couple of weeks.

I would like to work on getting the garden railroad running. I cleared the right-of-way during the weekend. I need to check and see what track problems have been caused by the winter. I also need to finish ballasting the line. I also have the two Walthers USRA gondolas and the six-pack of Athearn MDT 40’ steel reefers to weather.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Gil Finn

I was in the pool at 5:AM this morning, had a hot shower then flopped in the pool.

It was great.

It is just one of those inflatable ring things but large enough to do water arobics.

I dont feel right about going in public pools with all the scars and so forth from my several surgeries.

Once it has some mulch at the base, my bannan trees and palms it will look a little more inviting.
That is as level as it gets I am afraid.

SURFS UP!!!

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Been busy watering and spraying Japanese Bettles. Now to do more chores and run to Lowes. Have a good one.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Getting ready to go to Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot]. John F, no I have not. Mainly because they are Mikey Mouse House engines. :rolleyes: Not very fond of his engines. Also, would have to spray them with glosscote. Real versions are not flat but real glossy. Looks like he could get it right one time. bounce7

Later.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Studying to teach Senior Ladies Sunday School class for wife as she is at beach. How did I get talked into to this??? Have a good one.

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/24/2007

Heat Index: 81°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 75°F
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 70. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

steakandeggs.jpg

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Well I have been hit with a really bad sinus headache since early last night. The type that just makes you dead all day. The good side of it was that I ran the trains. While I don’t like sitting in the house on a nice day at least the trains make it easier. Here is a video of the layout.

Some day I will complete the landscape but for now all the trains run. As you can see there are three main lines and the two trains can transfer to the other line. You will see the PRR Aerotrain waiting for the PRR Freight train.

YouTube - Cool Running

jefelectric

TomPM, Is it safe to assume that you are a LNE fan? If so that means there are at least two of us.

Renovo PRR, Nice layout.

Chief, I love MTH engines. Atlas are good also, but wish they could install DCS.

cedarcreekrr

It has been awhile since I have posted in the caboose. My Garage should be framed this week. I can't wait to get my layout started in it.
I will post pictures when I get started. :mrgreen:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/25/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 72°F
Gust: 5mph SE

Today High: 85 Cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...then chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 60 percent.

bacon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.