Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Hi guys,
I'm going to visit relitives in California tomorow, and there is a good chance I'm not going to be able to visit on The Gauge there (although I think internet is availible where I'm staying). However, I have been tipped off to some good hobby shops in the area, and my thanks go to everyone who sugested them to me. Plus I'll try to see if I can get some pics there, and hopefully post them to you guys.

Cheers,
CNWman

Chief Eagles

ITS RAINING!!!!! :mrgreen: Finally. Missed three good storms. Got the edge of one. This one is a good one. Had lots of lightning, wind and beating rain. On wireless laptop on battery so I don't get zapped. :eek: Later

jefelectric

Am I missing something or is this the first post of the day? Where is everyone. BTW, I was also wondering where the Old Tanker is. Last I heard he was going to start an outdoor G gauge layout. Maybe he is still working on that full time.

Take care,

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good evening folks

Just getting around to checking in. We got back from our Cub Scout Picnic a couple of hours ago but I too a nap. I just finished uploading photos off the camera. We were at Ridley Creek State Park. We also toured the Pennsylvania Colonial Plantation. We hiked down to the plantation from our picnic site on a trail that was barely a trail. We toured the house, the wagon barn, the blacksmith, and the livestock areas. The boys made whizzers and decorated tin plates. They also meet with the militia and saw a musket being fired.

It was a great day but now the old bone spur in my foot is throbbing some. Maybe later I’ll get down stairs and work on a few things.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Good evening folks

Just getting around to checking in. We got back from our Cub Scout Picnic a couple of hours ago but I too a nap. I just finished uploading photos off the camera. We were at Ridley Creek State Park. We also toured the Pennsylvania Colonial Plantation. We hiked down to the plantation from our picnic site on a trail that was barely a trail. We toured the house, the wagon barn, the blacksmith, and the livestock areas. The boys made whizzers and decorated tin plates. They also meet with the militia and saw a musket being fired.

It was a great day but now the old bone spur in my foot is throbbing some. Maybe later I’ll get down stairs and work on a few things.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
:D I probably hiked that trail a few times :) did you remember your TICK CHECK!!!!!!! They are Mean this year!!!! Ticks with attitudes!!! LOL

Glad you got some fresh air - you've been staying "in" too much lately :D :D :D :D

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Been Churching all day. Went to early Church, SS and then to a 11 service at a newly formed Church in town. Tiny leased space but really true believers. Then went to a restaurant with them. HAd two pieces of fried chicken, chicken pastry, turnip greens, half a plate of pork ba-be-que, cole salw and SWEET ICE TEA. Now go to go to wake of former co-worker [retired and 80]. Nothing as I had planned earlier. Half of layout has track up and was going to put down soundboard. Well, this is better I'm sure. Later

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

We are in the soup. It is extremely humid this morning. Temperature is 72 F with a high of 88 F. We are expecting heavy thunderstorms during the day. I wonder what that will do with my son’s first football practice of the season tonight.

I am still recovering from the Cub Scout picnic and outing at the Pennsylvania Colonial Plantation on Saturday. The foot does not bother me as much but the legs are now sore.
I am happy to report that there were no ticks found.

We spent a good amount of yesterday hitting the local sporting goods stores picking up equipment for my son for football.

No modeling over the weekend. I just never had the time.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Suppose to have rained yesterday, last night and today. Not a drop so far. Going to work on layout tight now. Got birds flying into windows and doors?????? Yesterday, one flew into front storm door and it died. Two just hit "office" window in back of house. Have a good one.

Gil Finn

Hello.

We have been to Cape Hatteras fishing for a week after a trip to Charlottesville to the hospital.
They tapped 5 liters of fluid off of me there and it feels like I am good for an other five today.

The fishing was next to squat.

I did buy a new toy there, a hand help VHF radio for my boat.

Yesterday a painted the base coat on my train table and I am near putting the grass and so forth down.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Gil, sorry the fishing was off. Soundboard work this AM on layout. Got sidetracked by Town and some RR email issues and "killed" the whole day and part of the evening. :curse: Got Dr's apt this afternoon. Have a good one. BTW: got only 1/10 inch of rain while others in the area got flooded. wall1 :cry:

Gil Finn

I am going back to the lab again today with my order for lab work. I forgot it yesterday and had to come back home.

It was hot and I was exhausted so I called it a day.

Was up about all night last night with a double dose of lactulose but feel good at 11:00 hrs. this morning.

I may go fishing or at least take my new hand held over to the locks on the Kanawha and see if I have that channle dialed in with its scanning feature. I bought it at West Marine in Kitty Hawk.

Those are rod racks on the front of my truck for holding surf rods, for you yakees that dont fish the surf.

The sea food platter needs no explantion...Chief can enjoy that with sweetened ice tea about any week end he wishes.

Attachments

• 2-bubbassquat.jpg
    2-bubbassquat.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 0123456789.jpg
    0123456789.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 38
  • oregoninletchartersunset.jpg
    oregoninletchartersunset.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 4

Gil Finn

Great day for getting on the water. I might take the dog if my i had some one to help me today.

OBX fishing trips in years gone by, wonderful memories.
I forget why the cop was on my tail.

Attachments

• 5-jimbubbasfriend.jpg
    5-jimbubbasfriend.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 40
  • 8-bubbabbq.jpg
    8-bubbabbq.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 6-pullovermister.jpg
    6-pullovermister.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 36

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good afternoon folks

It is still humid although it is slightly less than yesterday. Our high with clear skies is supposed to be 89 F.

My son survived his first night of football practice despite the fact that they ran about 8 laps. He hates running laps. When they broke up the groups he was with the group that was running plays. The other groups were practicing stances and learning the holes.

I took some photos of the latest work I did on the layout (several weeks ago). I played around with the placement of the farm buildings. I was going to make the driveways but my wife started having some computer issues and I spent some time addressing them. They were nothing major. She was just having trouble getting a program to do what it should be doing. We found a patch, installed it, and everything seems to fine now.

One week to vacation!

jefelectric

Good afternoon all,

We finally got some rain in Sunday, 1.6". That should hold us for a while.

Railfest 2007 in Meridian, Mississippi will have the newly repainted F units of the KCS & NS on display in November. Maybe the Chief Can find an excuse to visit a Bass Pro there at that time. :mrgreen: :thumb:

http://www.queenandcrescent.org/pg001.html

Wish I lived closer.

alexbnfan

Hello all, its my first post here, and its before school, so i'll have to get moving very soon.

Anyway, school is, surprisingly good. Considering i'm going to Sydney this weekend. 3 days of Trains, Trains and more Trains

Anyway, gotta go, got more posting to do.

Alex

jeffrey-wimberl

Hello all, sorry I've been gone for a little whill. My computers power supply blew a capacitor last week and I wasn't able to get a replacement until today.

Pooh Bah
We just got back from a couple of weeks in northwest Michigan (lower Michigan, that is), Traverse City and Interlochen. Not much train activity, but I got one hobby shop visit and found the local railway society's car projects. (Pix to follow at 11). The rails are polished, so something must run.
Someplace on the trip, a hubcap disappeared from our new motorhome.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.
I'd love to hang around here all day, but the boss wants me to come in and work this week. What the heck, I can use the extra money.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/1/2007

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph WSW

Thunderstorms are moving through Tyler...northern Jasper... And northern Newton counties in southeast Texas. These storms are moving to the southeast around 20 mph. In addition...these storms will move into the Louisiana southwest parishes of Beauregard... Vernon...and Calcasieu over the next several hours.

Today High: 90 Patchy fog in the morning. Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

steak-eggs-1.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

We are having some hot weather but at least the humidity has gone down some. It is still not totally comfortable but at least it is tolerable. High is supposed to reach 93 F. It is currently 74 F and it feels like the A/C here in the office is having some issues this morning.

Work has been driving me crazy these past few days. I guess everyone knows I am going on vacation next week. Also I am doing my job and my counterpart’s job. He retired back in June and they have been very slow to post the opening. As a matter of fact it looks like I will be doing double duty at least for the next couple of months. My wife says it is the price I have to pay for being one of few old-timers who know what they are doing. In another words: No good deed goes unpunished. I am not sure which part disturbs me the most; the fact I know what I am doing or the fact that I am now considered an old-timer.

My son’s football practice went well last night. Tonight they get their equipment and tomorrow they start hitting. We will see how many quit then. In the past it has been usually around 10 to 20%.

No modeling last night. I have been working on trying to arrange our last Cub Scout outing of the summer. I thought I would spend an hour on it last night but it turned into an all night thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.