Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/21/2007

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph S

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

scambledeggs.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Thanks GIZ [Yankee word]. Off to Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot] with bags of veggies for her and the gang. The rain skipped over us. :curse: Will have to water this PM. Hope to pull up track on half layout and put down soundboard. If not, deffinately level out the whole thing. I put adjustable legs on the entire layout. Pretty level but never did get to the actual leveling.

47b6cf11b3127cce8f6deaf1396600000016108AasnLhm4bNe

47b6cf11b3127cce8f6dea00b8a700000016108AasnLhm4bNe

[BTW: that red chair they are leaning on is sbout 60 years old. was a breakfastroom set my parents got when they first got married.]

Have a good one.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Hey Chief, that idea with the adjustable legs is one I've been using for many years. I didn't use it on my current layout because it's bolted to the wall on three sides and only requires 4 legs along the front to stabilize it.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

I can’t tell what the weather is doing this morning. Right now it is getting dark like we are going to get a nasty storm. The weather mis-forecasters are calling for rain with a high of 73 F. Current temperature is 71 F and it feels sticky.

Over the weekend we had great weather with temperatures in the eighties with no hint of rain. We took the kids to Knoebels Amusement park on Saturday. Since the park is located near Elysburg, PA it is about a 2 ½ hour drive for us. The kids had a great time. It was the first time they could ride any ride they wanted without a parent. For mom and me it meant that we did not have to get drug on every ride. The best thing I like about Knoebels is that there is no admission to get in, you just pay for the rides you go on. That way since we did not have to pay we did not feel obligated to go on every ride. We could just sit back and watch the kids have fun. On the way up we stopped at Cabela’s. We were impressed by the place! I would like to go back and look over their camping and fishing areas when I have more time. Since my son is getting more involved in scouting he is expressing more interest in those areas.

Sunday we bumped around the house. I did a bunch of yard work. We had to do some running to get some things for the outside furniture. Of course one store did not have all that we needed which meant we had to hit about four places before we got everything.

I did finish weathering and sealing the wheels for the tank cars. I also fixed a couple spots on the farm house area where the turf did not adhere the first time around.

Mikey, isn’t it about time to start talking about the Gauge Fantasy Football League?:twisted::mrgreen:

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

I'm happy to see the forum is back up. It was down due a database error all day yesterday I believe.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/23/2007

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 62°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 66°F
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

bacon.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, we were down all day yesterday. Peter was busy with the new hardware and transferring the database which apparently took a lot longer than he anticipated. You should see a vast difference in the speed of this forum, and I'm hoping, no more hanging up going from page to page.:cool: :cool:

Notice too that he now has to picture and other attachment uploads working, meaning that you can once again upload directly to a post rather than link to it. :thumb: :thumb:

I think that Peter deserves a round of applause for his efforts. :goldcup: Especially taking the time on such a nice day as yesterday...
:wave7::wave7::wave7:

We thank you kind sir for all that you have provided for us here.
:inw: :inw::inw::inw::inw: :inw: :inw: :inw::inw:

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Although I suffered severe withdrawal symptoms yesterday, I can see that it's been a worthhile change. Thanks Pete & all the staff. Good work..!! :thumb:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Good going gang.
Morning all. Still no rain. Lots of tomatoes and cucumbers. Early squash about had it. Heat. Got some coming along if I keep watering [or we get rain]. Going to go to retired pilot buddy's house [retired Navy Commander, Air America and the NC Forest Service] early tomorrow AM. That is where I do a lot of long range shooting [has range setup across his empty horse pasture]. He is in the "middle of no where". Will stay two nights. Will post when I get back [no internet there]. Have a good one. Off to Sears. Craftsman Club sale. Driftpin/punch set for $7+.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
This is what I was up to yesterday. I have a Proto 2000 GP38-2 that I'm repainting from UP to GWWR (Gateway Western).

This is what it looked like before.
2027.jpg

This is what I'm trying to achieve.
4099.jpg

And this is the point I'm at right now.
decal1-1.jpg

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Jeff... Looks like you're almost there. Good job..!! That's something I would never attempt.. Only locos I've painted have been black...from headlight to tender coupler...Are those "self-made" decals for lettering or did you have them made..??
Let's see more as you come to finish it..!!

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

No posts for nearly 12 hours? You're slipping guys.

More hot, dry and humid weather on tap for tap today. I have a doctors appointment at 10:30 to find out what last weeks cat scan turned up. I'm hoping for the best.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/24/2007

Wind Chill: 68°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 68°F
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Decreasing clouds. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds

eggsandham.jpg
oj.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

Okay what happen to summer? It was July 23rd and the temperature last evening was 65 F at 7 PM. The temperature this morning on the way to work was 56 F. we are supposed to reach 85 F. Now I am not complaining too loudly. Any time the A/C units are not running it is good for the wallet and ultimately the train budget. This morning I have a living room full of sleeping kids as my daughter had a sleepover. My son got out of Dodge as quick as he could yesterday afternoon and went over a buddy of his for a sleepover. In a conversation last night with my wife I realized that July 23rd would have been my father’s 99th birthday if he were still alive. He was 55 when I was born. My mom and he got married late and I was their only child. He passed away in 1973 when I was 10 and I still miss him and remember him fondly. Of course this explains some of my moodiness the last few days. I always get like that around his birthday and the day he died.

No modeling last night.

Jeff, Nice job on the loco!

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.