Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

The weather guessers say it is going to be 90 F without humidity today. However, they are predicating that it will get muggy tonight. Currently it is 75 F and feels humid to me. They are also saying that we should have some thunder boomers later tonight.

We had a fun evening. When we got home from the family visit to the optometrist we found that our lawn service folks had been by. Upon inspection we found that they had spread fertilizer and insecticide in the fenced off portion of our yard that contains the fish pond. They have strict orders not to go in that portion of the yard although the local manager tried to deny it, well at least until we produced the original contract with the information on it. Since the stuff that used was in pellet form I had the pleasure of looking like the local whacko by vacuuming our grass with the wet/dry vac. Considering that we have about 50 fish, 2 frogs, and an unknown quantity of tadpoles in the pond it was worth the effort. To replace what is in the pond (some of the fish are close to 10 years old) would be over $1000.00.

Even with all the outside fun I did get something done on the layout. I put down the fine turf in the area of the farm house. It is amazing what a difference it makes when you add the green colored turf to the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Since the stuff that used was in pellet form I had the pleasure of looking like the local whacko by vacuuming our grass with the wet/dry vac.

What's that Tom doing now?! Oh, just keeping his grass clean! :mrgreen:

I hope your efforts paid off and all is well with the pond. Grrrr! I hate it when people don't follow directions!!!

Hot with 90 plus dregrees and humid today in the Twin Cities today!

Ralph

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Where is the rain forecast???? Who is hogging it all???? :curse: Got to water plants and garden. wall1

John, here is your layout.

47b7db38b3127cce84747aaf168600000026108AasnLhm4bNe

47b7db38b3127cce84747a65164c00000026108AasnLhm4bNe

Using copy/paste.

Have a good one.

steamhead

Hey...!!! Vacuuming the lawn...Now I've heard EVERYTHING...!!! Tom, you should have had the dummies that spread that fertilizer and insecticide where they were not supposed to clean it up...

Now we've gotten pics of John's layout from the Chief...John, can you return the favor..??

Speaking of pics...I haven't seen Spankybird here for some time...Anybody know what he's been up to..??

Y'all take care...

jeffrey-wimberl

I got a GP38-2 in the mail today from a friend in Oklahoma. It's used but servicable. I'm going to tear it down and give it a good cleaning and lube. It tends to chirp a little going forward but is silent running backward. It has a few little issues with broken details but I don't mind that. It's a GP38-2 UP #2027, item 30790, limited edition. It didn't cost me anything. He decided to give it away and asked me if I wanted it. Of course I said yes.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/18/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SE

Today High: 90 Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs near 90. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

steakandeggs.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was raining when I got up this morning. They are calling for a 50% chance of severe thunderstorms for most of the day and evening. The high is supposed to be 86. It was 79 F when I left the house this morning and the air was getting that ugly muggy feeling.

Nothing to report on the modeling front. I spent most of the evening working on my Cub Scout Pack’s new website. When I wasn’t doing that I was shuttling my daughter to her flute lesson.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Time to cook hotdogs and watch a Gene Autry western on the Westerns Channel. Wed. at noon. Hope all are doing good. Got .65 inches of rain. Folks 5 miles south of the "Rolesville Rock" got inches. Flood warning for the southern part of the county as rained so fast and so much. Need one of those to fill my pond back [1 1/2 feet low]. Still plenty of water as it is 20 feet deep. Hey, may have to cut grass this week. Have a good one.

jefelectric

Hi guys,

Chief, Glad to hear you got a little rain, we got .2" today which is a help. Need more which is promised for tomorrow.

I came down by the buckets full at the Museum today, but 1/2 mile away the roads were dry on the way home.

Jeffrey, that is a mighty fine looking breakfast you served up this morning. Nice score on getting the free loco.

Take care,

Alan d Lambert

Chief Eagles,
Next time it rains down here in Texas(Fort Worth) for a week with out much of a letup I'll send it your way(ha-ha). We had a lot of flooding in low areas, but I am on high ground so it didn'tbother me. Just had to mow the yard twice to make it look good.
Take care ,
Alan Lambert

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

Yuk! What an ugly morning we have here in the Delaware Valley. The air is so thick you can cut it. There is haze and fog every where. Temperature is 76 F. The expected high is 92 F with severe thunderstorms anticipated. My wife is conducting her first Outdoor tour at the Museum today and has to worry about the weather. Without the sun there may not be much to see as the butterflies generally only come out when it is sunny.

No modeling last night. I came from work and found my son and one of his friends had the living room floor covered in EZ-Track and trains running. He has his own locos and cars. I spent a good part of the evening trying to add images to our Cub Scout Pack website. Some software is just not user friendly at times.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Glad Ft. Worth is OK now. Been there several times [Cabela's]. Dallas too, [Bass Pro Shops]. About as bad here as on the Deleware. Do anything at all outside, you are wet. Painted more soundboard under boat/tractor shed yesterday PM. Had fans blowing on me. Just rolled two 4X8 sheets. Shirt soaked. Probably the sweet ice tea coming out. :p Yankees are not
privileged to have that. :twisted: Have a great day ll.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/20/2007

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 85 Cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 50 percent.

bacon.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

The skies threatened yesterday but we never got any rain. As hard as it is to believe we have not had much rain lately or least the good soaking kind. We have had some heavy downpours but the water ran off quickly. I noticed this because the water level in the fish pond is down. Today is supposed to be nice with low humidity and a high of 85 F. it was a comfortable 74 F when I left the house this morning.

I added some more turf to the farm house area. I also finished painting the wheels for the tank cars and began weathering their trucks.

This is another one of those don’t know what is going to happen. There are no major plans on the boards that I am aware of. A trip to the Jersey Shore, a zoo visit? When I got home last night from work there was a coupon for Northlandz on the table and my wife was asking where it was.

I need to seal the wheels for the tank cars and finish weathering their trucks. Then comes weathering the cars themselves. On the layout I need to secure the farm house buildings and work on the driveways.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Sprinkled. More rain forecasted. Please, oh please Lord. Got some but we now need more.

Tom P, sounds like you got some layout work done. The Roseyville Div of the NS is going down for a few days. Son was going to help me put down soundboard. He and wife have big horse show and then he goes back on night shift [Deputy Sheriff]. So, I will take up all the track and etc on one side of the big room, put it down, put track back and then do other side. Finish up in backroom.

Hope all have a great day and a great weekend [every day is a weekend day for us retired guys :thumb:].

Chief Eagles

Well, I guess I win by default. No one filed against me for the Mayor's race for Rolesville NC. Swearing in is forst meeting in Dec. Yes, as election is in Nov. but all I have to get is one vote. OH WELL.

steamhead

Chief...Congratulations on that mayorship...Just be sure to hustle out there to get out the votes....Win by a landslide..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.