Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

When was the last time you deleted your cookies and temp internet file?
  2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Well I did that yesterday afternoon and then did a complete shutdown and restart. There must be a hidden cookie in there somewhere that the automatic delete missed. I guess I will go searching for it.
  3. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

you can try running Ad-Aware SE

It is free down laod off the internet and does a great job of finding worms and hidden cookies. If fact I have been running it on my box today. It's almost done.
  4. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Just noticed that it will not work on my wifes laptop either. That would seem to mean that it had to be something shared by the two computers. Hmmm.... the router and the modem. I unplugged both of them and then plugged 'em back in, they reset and hoooawww back in business. Electronics these days. Little hiccup I guess. I dunno but it works now.
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That is good to hear everything is back to normal.:thumb:
  6. wdsrwg

wdsrwg Member

Good Morning from Greenwood :wave:

2" Rain overnight!

86 & humid today.......74 & dry tomorrow :D
  7. Good Morning...........
    It's gonna be anoher beautiful day today. I have to cut grass. Then, sit in the shade and enjoy the view. Hope everyone has a nice day.
  8. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning from Central PA.

Weather yesterday was the coolest in a while, not cool but cooler. Spent the morning doing yard work with the grandson. Most of the afternoon in the woodshop with him and finished one of our projects. Placed my stockyard on the layout, need to do some blending into the scene & populate with some cattle. Bought some Life-Like O gauge cattle, but I don't like the color they come in. Sort of a light brown and white. Don't resemble any beef cattle I have ever seen. Thinking of painting them to resemble Hereford and Angus. I'm not much of an artist but may give it a try.

Here is one for you computer guys. I recently collected the parts together to build myself a new computer. Thought I would go for the latest tech, so bought an AMD 64 bit proc. & motherboard to match. Got everything together and working. Installed a few programs with no problem. Tried to install antivirus (Trend Micro) and got an error message that it would not work on this platform. It turns out that, to my knowledge, there is not a reasonably priced antivirus that will work with Windows XP Pro X64. It appears that you have to go with the office version (expensive) of antivirus to get one that works. I talked to Bit-defender via live chat and they say they will have something out later this year. Anyone have any suggestions. Guess I will have to check some of the computer forums.

Going to stop at the LHS today and pick up a 180 brick I had ordered. Need to add another power block.

Enjoy your trains and stay cool.
  9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

This day is done finally. We all got thru it fine.
  10. I had the same problem, but we also had digital phone problems, too.
  11. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

WC is out of Atlanta. We cut Yankees off every now and then. fence1 bounce7

Digital phone service is great. Talk all the time all of the USA, Canada and the territories.

Morning all. Things to do outsdie before it gets TOO HOT. Need rain. Later
  12. wdsrwg

wdsrwg Member

Didn't have time for a good morning from Greenwood so,

We are at 70 and clouds.
    2.65" Rain Yesterday morning but straight line
    winds too out a lot of crops!
    Can't have it just right I guess.

Have a great weekend!

13. wickman

wickman Member

Good afternoon from Soo Canada its a nice day not too hot.
    Weekend is fast approaching that the new risers are in place and engine test ran fine I gotta get back to wiring thi weekend YUCK:wave:
  14. wdsrwg

wdsrwg Member

Good Morning from Greewood Wisconsin! :wave:

58 & lt. fog.

My 15 yo son started helping with the layout last night!!
    I am a hap, hap, happy man! :D

Have a great Saturday all!
  15. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Can depend on Bill to start us off right in the mornings. UMMM good. Had some much needed rain. Need more and hope to get it. Off to Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot] to visit with the gang. Have a good one.
  16. Good Morning. It's Saturday and time to get up. Looks like rain today. A lot cooler. That's a nice break from the heat. Few chores to do today See ya later.
  17. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Back from Early Church and SS. Cloudy today. Hope it rains. We need it bad. Having to soaker hose the garden. Have a good one and God bless all.
  18. Howdy,
    Chief, it's you and me and the donuts with the train station. Where is everyone. I guess they got a life and we don't??? Have a great day.
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I wish I had a box of donuts.
  20. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Afternoon Everyone. It is a nice cool day here today. Not like it has been the past week. Hope everyone is having a Great Weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.