Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NSES44DC

NSES44DC Member

Greetings from North Central OHIO. Where is a blistering 94 today...way too hot and humid to be maybe its work on the Geeps or Layout day! BTW, Tom, have you been to the Mad River RR Museum Yet in Bellevue..if not its well worth the trip! Also Marblehead has its huge layout in different scales too. Another well worth trip. The place is called train-o-rama.
  2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

The first few pics is at the AC and J RR in Jefferson, Ohio. We took the train ride yesterday and they also had a civil war reenactment.

The last pic of the Berk is at Conneaut Ohio, at the NKP museum.

I have been to Train-O-Rama but not to Mad River yet.
  3. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Back from Early Church and SS. Bill Fisherman, where are you from? I know a guy [met him in Orlando BPS] from another forum that has simular "handle". Hot and humid here. AC weather. Worked on servicing engines last night until late. All running well. Later
  4. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Good Morning everyone !! Getting hot here today ! Nice pictures Tom ! Looks like you all had a good time ! I couldn't get hooked up with you guys, got going on my errands too late, mostly cause playing on the computer !!
    Hope everyone has a nice day !!
    Thanks, John
  5. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good afternoon,

The hot and humid weather continues. Haven't been outside since we got home from church. Been working on the Sunday crossword & added a little to the long running stockyard project.

Sounds like everyone is trying to keep cool, hot in most of the country.
  6. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Morning guys,
    Thanks for sending some of the rain this way.
    It rained here yesterday and coolled things off a bit.
    Great photos Tom.
  7. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

A few progress pictures of the stockyard.

Future location.

On the "neat" workbench.

In place temporarily.

That is it for, maybe another week to finish.
  8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great Pics!!!! :D
  9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I dig that stock yard, is that scratch built?

You Yankees have great talent.

Gil FInn said that
  10. NSES44DC

NSES44DC Member

Thanks Tom! I didnt know there was a NKP museum in Conneaut. Ill have to check it out sometime. I like going to Bellevue cause of the Mad River RR and the NS Facility is right there on the way. I love watching the cars go down the slope into the yards on their own. Really neat. Even seen some foreign power there along with an NS with a beacon light ontop which is super rare. On my way to Summit Racing in akron i like the small yard for the Wheeling and Lake Erie RR too.
  11. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Gil, The stock yard is built from stripwood. Gates are hung using hinges from a dollhouse supplier. Will post again when it is finished. Appreciate your comments.

Tom, Is all of the motive power in the pics operational? Really like the 2 horsepower passenger coach. :)
  12. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

All but the Berk. I don't think the Berk will ever see live steam again. check out the cyclinder heads

13. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Wife home so we are doing yard and shrub work before it gets too hot. Going to be a hot high 90's with humidity. Later
  14. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
    where the temp is 78 deg with 72 deg dew point and headed to 95 deg with Blue Clear Skies.

We are watching the shuttle land as we are typing this.

Here is another pic from the weekend, check out all the lanterns.

15. Good Morning from Blueberryhill..........
    Hot, 95 today. Good day to run trains in A/C room.
    Stay cool, All.
  16. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning all,
    Hot and humid here also. Checking the forum before heading out to work out (indoors!). Do some train stuff afterwards.

Tom, Guess it would take a humongus amount of work to get it moving under steam again. That lantern collection makes my 10 look insignifigant.

Bill, Those donuts are beginning to get to me.:D

Keep cool Chuck.
  17. wickman

wickman Member

Mornin from Soo Ontario very hot and humid here:cry: but better than snowsign1
    Last nite I got all my risers completed and track layed and well I was at it I got 3 bridges ruffed in . :)
  18. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Lynn, That is one very impressive layout. Brings back memories of working in HO (when I had steady nerves and good eyes). I really like your track plan.

Sounds like the hot & humid even got to Canada.

What prototype are you modeling or do you freelance your own road?

To all, if you haven't checked out the link on Wickman's Post, it is definately worth your while to do it.

Keep cool all.
  19. wickman

wickman Member

Thanks John
    John I'm freelancing as I have no favorite roads although I do have many steamers and diesels and I like the idea of old narrow single lane dirt roads :wave:
  20. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Was a little hot today for us here in Pennsylvania. High 90's almost hitting the 100's. I even had the nephews & niece stay inside because of it being so hot out. It will be the same tomorrow as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.