Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
    where the temp is 80 deg and headed to 88 deg with T-storms on the way..

We have been to the store getting next week food, bank, and post office this morning.

We have made real progress on the 'O' gauge bench work at the Museum. One of the three legs is done.

2. Bill_Fishman

Bill_Fishman New Member

Looks good Spanky.

Good I hope you enjoy it.

That was a good thing you did Tom.

The money went stright to were it was nedded.:thumb:
  3. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Yep - we still have the hooper. Don't run it much, but still have it.
  4. Bill_Fishman

Bill_Fishman New Member

Is the CTT forum down today?

I could not get on.
  5. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Good Evening Everyone !! :wave:
    I can't get on the other forum right now either.
    Tom : museum layout is sure looking good !! Nice work !!
    A hot one here today at work, & glad it's Friday !!
    Hope everyone has a nice weekend !!
    Thanks, John
  6. Bill_Fishman

Bill_Fishman New Member

Say Bill, I had a 1/2 dozen bakery donuts today, the best I ever had.

I have gained 6 pounds sence you began posting those things, ha ha .

You will see a lot less of the old me and my Lionel aquaium cars (wink)
  7. 1688torpedo

1688torpedo Member

Hello All! Just dropped by to say hello here. The CTT Forum is still up & running. Just logged off of it. Bill- So sorry about your Mother. Hospice is a very nice place & they will take very good care of your Mom. I've had a few relatives in Hospice over in Cleveland & these places are nice & clean & the patients are kept comfortable if they have any pain. They are not like Nursing Homes where the Patients are ignored or not clean. Just keep this in mind. Take Care all.
  8. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good evening all,

No trains today. Jean's day off so shopping and a little babysitting.

Tom, How big is that museum layout going to be?

Enjoy your trains.
  9. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Th'e 'O' gauge tin plate layout is 8' x 12' and to large 'O' is going to be 25' x 60' in an E shape. There will be an 'S' gauge above it and 'G' below it.:thumb:

The 'HO' guage is 16' x 50' with 4 main lines. :D
  10. Bill_Fishman

Bill_Fishman New Member

Torpedo thank you so much. I think it will do, better than the hospital I think.

Finaly got my dsl up and going.

you cant imagine how slow it was back on a cable modem.

Tom I love tinplate. You are doing great work there.
  11. wrmcclellan

wrmcclellan Member

Nice work on the benchwork. Looks like the big layout will be reality soon. Good for you guys.

Hot here. Waiting on the weather report. Was supposed to be 102 here today. Sure felt like it.

Take care all!
  12. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

where the temp is 70 deg with dew point of 68 deg and heading to 90 deg today. With this humidity, it is going to be very hot.

Today the OTTS group is headed to the NKP museum in Conneaut Ohio and then to Jefferson for a ride on the AJ and C RR. A fun day ahead.

13. wdsrwg

wdsrwg Member

Long time listener first time caller!

Good Summer Morning from the Hill Country of Western Wisconsin!

Have a SAFE and ENJOYABLE weekend everyone.

95 & humid today on the ridges.

Its going to be a good day to work on the layout.

14. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning to all,

Tom, Thanks for the info. That should be some sight when you guys get them all up and running. Do you have a target date for completion? Sounds like you have a nice day planned, enjoy.

Bill, In our area Hospice is a first class operation. I have had quite a bit (to much actually) of experience with them. They did a great job caring for my step mom before she passed away. Also several friends were well taken care of.

Roy, Don't envey your weather. I used to be able to work outside all day long in any kind of heat. No more, I guess it is getting older but now I retreat to the AC in the house or basement in the afternoon. We have been getting 80s & 90s with high humidity for the past couple of weeks. No letup in sight. Don't know how Laz can continue to do his morning run in the kind of heat & humidity.

Those donuts certainly are not helping my diet.:D

Enjoy the day,
  15. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

16. wickman

wickman Member

Morning folks I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo excited I can't wait for the work day to be over . I'm finally getting to the inclines . I got 4 more turnouts to install and wooohoooo time to fit in the structures. :wave:
  17. Bill_Fishman

Bill_Fishman New Member

Rained all night here we had massive storms
  18. csxt30

csxt30 Member

Hi Everyone ! I was looking at Lynns web site, at his layout & it is really going to be a nice layout, & Very nice benchwork too !!
    A lot of talk about those donuts up there everyday, & every time I see them, I want one !!
    That Depot looks identicle to the one in Ashtabula, Ohio along the old NYC main, now CSX. I'm wondering where that depot is !!
    Good to see John ( Jeffelectric ) here. Nice aquarium car & box car too !
    Well, hope everyone has a nice wekend !
    Thanks, John
  19. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Where the temp is 70 deg and headed to 92 deg with Blue Clear Skies.

We don't have a completion date for the layout, as you should know, no layout is ever done. With us living on donations, money is always tight. :cry:

20. NSES44DC

NSES44DC Member

Tom, is this the mueseum in Ashtabula? At first i thought it was the ACY, but i see its ACJR..which is like Ashtabula, Conneaut juction rr or something along the lines. sign1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.