Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Tom,

Nice work on the benchwork. Looks like the big layout will be reality soon. Good for you guys.

Hot here. Waiting on the weather report. Was supposed to be 102 here today. Sure felt like it.

Take care all!
Roy

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 70 deg with dew point of 68 deg and heading to 90 deg today. With this humidity, it is going to be very hot.

Today the OTTS group is headed to the NKP museum in Conneaut Ohio and then to Jefferson for a ride on the AJ and C RR. A fun day ahead.

IMGP0374s.JPG

:wave:

wdsrwg

Jan 29, 2006
Hill Country of Western Wisconsin
Long time listener first time caller!

Good Summer Morning from the Hill Country of Western Wisconsin!

Have a SAFE and ENJOYABLE weekend everyone.

95 & humid today on the ridges.

Its going to be a good day to work on the layout.

Russell

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning to all,

Tom, Thanks for the info. That should be some sight when you guys get them all up and running. Do you have a target date for completion? Sounds like you have a nice day planned, enjoy.

Bill, In our area Hospice is a first class operation. I have had quite a bit (to much actually) of experience with them. They did a great job caring for my step mom before she passed away. Also several friends were well taken care of.

Roy, Don't envey your weather. I used to be able to work outside all day long in any kind of heat. No more, I guess it is getting older but now I retreat to the AC in the house or basement in the afternoon. We have been getting 80s & 90s with high humidity for the past couple of weeks. No letup in sight. Don't know how Laz can continue to do his morning run in the kind of heat & humidity.

Those donuts certainly are not helping my diet.:D

Enjoy the day,

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Morning folks I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo excited I can't wait for the work day to be over . I'm finally getting to the inclines . I got 4 more turnouts to install and wooohoooo time to fit in the structures. :wave:

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
Hi Everyone ! I was looking at Lynns web site, at his layout & it is really going to be a nice layout, & Very nice benchwork too !!
A lot of talk about those donuts up there everyday, & every time I see them, I want one !!
That Depot looks identicle to the one in Ashtabula, Ohio along the old NYC main, now CSX. I'm wondering where that depot is !!
Good to see John ( Jeffelectric ) here. Nice aquarium car & box car too !
Well, hope everyone has a nice wekend !
Thanks, John

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
Where the temp is 70 deg and headed to 92 deg with Blue Clear Skies.

We don't have a completion date for the layout, as you should know, no layout is ever done. With us living on donations, money is always tight. :cry:

47b6d934b3127cce8b05f4e77ef200000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b6d934b3127cce8b050a3a7e5000000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b6d934b3127cce8b0503883e7e00000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b6d934b3127cce8b05d75e3ec200000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Tom, is this the mueseum in Ashtabula? At first i thought it was the ACY, but i see its ACJR..which is like Ashtabula, Conneaut juction rr or something along the lines. sign1

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Greetings from North Central OHIO. Where is a blistering 94 today...way too hot and humid to be out..so maybe its work on the Geeps or Layout day! BTW, Tom, have you been to the Mad River RR Museum Yet in Bellevue..if not its well worth the trip! Also Marblehead has its huge layout in different scales too. Another well worth trip. The place is called train-o-rama.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
The first few pics is at the AC and J RR in Jefferson, Ohio. We took the train ride yesterday and they also had a civil war reenactment.

The last pic of the Berk is at Conneaut Ohio, at the NKP museum.

I have been to Train-O-Rama but not to Mad River yet.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Back from Early Church and SS. Bill Fisherman, where are you from? I know a guy [met him in Orlando BPS] from another forum that has simular "handle". Hot and humid here. AC weather. Worked on servicing engines last night until late. All running well. Later

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
Good Morning everyone !! Getting hot here today ! Nice pictures Tom ! Looks like you all had a good time ! I couldn't get hooked up with you guys, got going on my errands too late, mostly cause playing on the computer !!
Hope everyone has a nice day !!
Thanks, John

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good afternoon,

The hot and humid weather continues. Haven't been outside since we got home from church. Been working on the Sunday crossword & added a little to the long running stockyard project.

Sounds like everyone is trying to keep cool, hot in most of the country.

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
spankybird said:
The first few pics is at the AC and J RR in Jefferson, Ohio. We took the train ride yesterday and they also had a civil war reenactment.

The last pic of the Berk is at Conneaut Ohio, at the NKP museum.

I have been to Train-O-Rama but not to Mad River yet.

Thanks Tom! I didnt know there was a NKP museum in Conneaut. Ill have to check it out sometime. I like going to Bellevue cause of the Mad River RR and the NS Facility is right there on the way. I love watching the cars go down the slope into the yards on their own. Really neat. Even seen some foreign power there along with an NS with a beacon light ontop which is super rare. On my way to Summit Racing in akron i like the small yard for the Wheeling and Lake Erie RR too.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Gil, The stock yard is built from stripwood. Gates are hung using hinges from a dollhouse supplier. Will post again when it is finished. Appreciate your comments.

Tom, Is all of the motive power in the pics operational? Really like the 2 horsepower passenger coach. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.