Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is a cool 45 deg and only headed to 50's with over cast skies. :cry:

Got to cut the grass today. :rolleyes:

Jules - what part of this great state do you live in?

JR - I love that pic of the dinner ! ! :thumb:

OTTS meeting this Friday, any one wishing to join us can email me for directions. Update from York and OTTS meeting with MTH and Lionel for Museum layout.

Pic of the Day

47b5df08b3127cce9f3092b182a300000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning from Pennsylvania. Tempature right now is 50 and by afternoon is supposed to reach 60 degrees with a possibility of some rain. Other than that I am working on a B&O C3000 caboose, adding new platforms to each end, also working on a fire car ( tank car ) and adding some more detail to my Bachmann 0-6-0 steamer.

:wave: Have A Great Day Everyone :wave:

Jules Winnfield

Hey Tom,
I live near the I 275 loop in Amelia.I can drive from my house through Ky. through In. and back to Oh. in about 40 minutes.
About 30 minutes from here...Union terminal The prettiest art deco station ever built!

Attachments

• union terminal.jpg
    union terminal.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 49

spankybird

OTTS Founder
where the temp is 42 deg and headed to 60 with Blue Clear Skies ! ! :D

Yesterday, we never hit our high temps, it was falling temps all day. :cry:

OTTS meeting this Friday, any one wishing to join us can email me for directions. Update from York and OTTS meeting with MTH and Lionel for Museum layout.

Have you seen the new MTH catalong on line ? http://www.mth-railking.com/catalog/catalogweb/index.htm

Jules - If you ever make it up to the North Coast, be sure to drop us a line for a visit. :thumb:

Pic of the Day

DSCF1174c.JPG

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Slept till 9:30. :) Was tired. Cut limbs and trees at widow lady's house. Then I trimmed all the shrubs. Drug it all to the street for pickup. Then picked up pinecones and limbs. Raked pinestraw for Pam's gardens. Mowed my grass, widow lady's grass and the hosue next door too. Then weedeated it all. Got in about dark. Rain started and rained for over three hours. Got 1/2 inch so it was a slow one. Some got storms but we didn't. :) Cloudy and cool. More rain on the way. Garden is loving it. Tomato vines have blooms. Squash and zucs are blooming. Corn is comiung up. :) Now to work upstairs and train stuff. God bless.

grumbeast

Wow!,

Just got back to the gauge after being away for a while, I'd never seen this thread before so good morning (ok afternoon) from sunny (yes sunny) Truro Nova Scotia (mind you its only 8C outside)

On a nice railway theme, Train 15 The Ocean is about to pass through Truro on its way to Halifax, I think I'll stroll up to the line (which is adjacent to my place of work) to watch

Cheers

Graham

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Good to see you again Graham! Good day from Minnesota. Spring continues to be very pleasant here. Expecting 70 degrees or so with sun today. Its been so nice that I feel guilty going down to the basement to work on the layout until the sun sets. :)
Ralph

steamhead

Evenin' all,

All those donuts made me hungry so I had to eat me a slice of cherry pie!! (I finished the donuts last night...) Hotter 'n the dickens here in south Texas - and nary a drop of rain...
Love that diner & cars, not to mention Tom's monster steamer bearing down on us! What is it??
Well, off to bed for a an exciting day of work tomorrow.

Gus (LC&P).

Hello All,
Relatively new to The Gauge here, thought I’d drop back to the Caboose and say hello from Texas where it’s a chilly 48 degrees right now.

Peace
Coyote

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Hello from Minnesota! What am I doing up this early? Oh yeah, work! But its Friday!
Have a good one everybody!
Ralph

spankybird

OTTS Founder
where the temp is 43 and headed to 65 with Blue Clear Skies ! ! :)

Coyote - Great to see you join us.

Chief is out of town, Can I behave ? ? sign1

T G I F

Progress on the Custom layout we are building at the museum

47b6da06b3127cce98548b4f137e00000017101AaNGjRm0Ysd

Gil Finn

Spank ol bud, that looks real up town. You all did well to put a finish on the wood.

I see other good layouts on line that while the top is great, the wood work sucks.

Unpainted or stained, differnt types of wood showing, ect.

This is the way it should be done.

My hat ( I am tipping my cap now ) is off to you.

The Big Bambu

Pooh Bah
Night shift report: just got back from the setup night at the Great British Train Show. My impression is that it's a tad more crowded than before -- have we got more layouts? The Indian one certainly has expanded from a straight line to a loop.
May be too tired to post tomorrow.

brakie

Good Morning all! :wave: Tis another chilly but nice Saturday morn here in the land of Buckeyes..
On the way back from my weekly breakfast outing I did some railfaning and saw exactly 1 NS train..Last Saturday there was a train through town every 30 minutes.So,I suspect tomorrow will be a busy day and of course I will try again..

Have a nice day all! :D

Gil Finn

Hey gang, Jr. the cofee smells good at the drive in.

Cool here in the Hillbillies Paradise this day at noon.

I am going this minute to the big flea market for a new ist Nation Confederate flag for the pole by the pole. The old one faded.

I got a palm in the mail yesterday from a dear old friend in Florida from her yard. It survived Katrina. I hope it will survive me, ha ha ha .

You Yankees have a good'un now, hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.