Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 65 deg and headed to 88 deg with Blue Clear Skies. WE are off to the beach of Lake Eire today to do some swiming, as the lake temp is already up to 78 deg. :D

Gil - great one liners.

Chief - how is the sunshine state ? Did you take Mrs Chief with you this time ?

Open House at The Western Reserve Model Railraod Museum, tomorrow, Sunday from 10:00am to 8:00pm www.wrmrrm.shutterfly.com

Next OTTS meeting is April 14

Pic of the Day

47b5dd30b3127cce90fb763cd65900000027108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Chief Eagles

Morning. Off to the store. Tried to get to teh CSX yard I saw the other day from interstate. Maybe today and take pictures. May have to get back on interstate and pay tolls to get there. Later

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Did anyone leave any "hard stuff" to drink.....we're doin' inventory! Sun's out, enjoy the storms, they were "fun" here. Looks like there won't be many new locos for a long while, a new radiator for the car just took precedence. Oh well, coffee and a donut, and back to countin' bits.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well today went fairly well for me. Then around 4pm it started to rain & hail outside and the temp dropped from the high 60's to the high 40's. We are supposed to get SNOW yeah I said SNOW tonight and I thought it was not supposed to snow in April. Geez.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning Everyone. The tempature is 26 Degrees. Only supposed to get up in the 40's today. Big change from this past week. I'm just going to sit here at home since I don't have work today. Maybe I will work on my trains since I haven't done anything with them in awhile.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
where the temp is 34 deg and headed to 45 deg with Blue Clear Skies.

Matt - we were the same yesterday, 66 deg for ealry afternoon high, then within 2 hours it droped to 38 deg.

Chief - hope you had a safe trip.

Open house at the museum was great with over 200 visitors!

Next OTTS meeting is April 14.

Pic of the Day
47b6dd11b3127cce88198e8294dd00000027108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Chief Eagles

Morning all. More Tsotrms yesterday and then winds hit last night. No damage as I can tell but it really sucked the main door to our Town Meeting Hall open several times. Then it rained some. Carolina Blue Skies this AM. :thumb: Cooler than yesterday [got to 80 I think] with a breeze. Still going into the 60's or 70. Ran trains at 11:30 PM after Town Board meeting last night [wife gone so could make the noise]. God bless.

Gil Finn

MTH catalogs BG&E log cars

Actualy Elk River Coal and Lumber who owned the BG&E (Buffalo, Gauley and Elk RR)
30-79052.jpg

I dont follow the catalogs closely so this may have been on the shelves for sometime but I noticed today while buying some HO stuff for a multi gauge layout.
There is a web site for ERC&L. I was a monitor there once. I would have to google it up now.
http://groups.msn.com/BuffaloCreekandGauleyrailroadBCGS...anlumbercompany.msnw
AS a boy I had a piece of thier scrip and still have it and I found a picture postcard of a coal hopper setting in the woods.
Those began my live long love with mining and logging railroads in W Va.
God, I am thankful to live in such a place as this. You can realy get a rould in summer and explore the past and the present to your hearts' full
I have about 500 piece of coal and lunbe scrip, as well as related items in my collections.
I will be returning back to the hobby shop to lay a way those cars, nuless the guy will take scrip:D

bcg-s14g.jpg

Personaly I think the cars are WAY over preiced but I am glad the road name is offered. I may think twice before I buy more than one. I usualy make my own amd letter them with transfers.

Pooh Bah
Evenin' all. Weather all over the place today -- very nice light snow in the afternoon.
Matthew: Don't know how it is way down south there, but the rule in Canada is: Last snow of the winter as late as June 30; First snow of winter as early as July 1. Just realized we're passing near your way on Thursday (down 99); hope the weather sorts itself out.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
60103 said:
Matthew: Don't know how it is way down south there, but the rule in Canada is: Last snow of the winter as late as June 30; First snow of winter as early as July 1. Just realized we're passing near your way on Thursday (down 99); hope the weather sorts itself out.

That's neat you will be passing by. Right now the Temp here is 21 with show on the ground. It is still snowing somewhat here right now. Supposed to warm up by Tomorrow.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
where the temp is 32 deg and headed to 45 deg with overcast skies.

Yesterday we had Clear Blue Skies until about 4:30pm then came the clouds and rain that turned to light snow.

60103 - At lest that cuts down on the amount of grass cutting that you have to do.

Gil - Nice log car.

Off to another Job interview this morning :D

Next OTTS meeting is April 14.

Pic of the Day

47b5d626b3127cce98548e9a1ad800000007108IZMmrFwxbA

:thumb:

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Out the door to work in yard. Wife is home and wants yard work done [mow grass and etc]. Got to service her car too. Have a great one and God bless.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Coffee!
Must......have.....coffee....now...!
Ahhh. Now, where's the donuts! Last night was a total loss, spent all of it fighting with email...their server went down hard, after several "extended glitches", so got nothing important (model building) done.
Well, another day, another.......( hey, why won't my calculator work with less than a penny )....whatever. Off to work.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. getting ready to go to airport and pickup rental car. Going by Mom's and then youngest's in Wilmington on the way ato Myrtle Beach Bass Pro. Got event in Myrtle Beach this weekend. Great looking log car, Gil. All have a good one and God bless.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Morning Everyone. The tempature here right now is 32 degrees. Supposed to get up in the high 50's today. Starting to get back into spring weather. Now I got to go off to work for a little bit today.

Status
Not open for further replies.