Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Marinaccio

I'm no expert ,but the problem could be how the photo was scanned.
On my scanner there is a preview that allows you to see the photo, then there is a crop option that allows you to to scan just the photo and not the whole scanner table, which would be the white background in your post.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All From NE Ohio

where the temp is 62 deg and heading to 82 deg with
Blue Clear Sky's

I think Ray has a good point, check your scaner settings.

For the Buckeye boys, the next OTTS (Ohio Toy Train Summit) meeting is this Friday, Oct 7, at 7:00pm. :thumb: If you wish to attend, email me for directions and a map.;)

Pick of the Day

47b5d701b3127cce98548fdd8c4700000017108IZMmrFwxbA

Chief Eagles

Morning gang. Tom, lights really made a difference in your photos. They are really crisp. Morning Ray out there in AZ. Can't believe Gil has not been around. Maybe he is slipping sweet ice tea over the border to Ohizo. ;) Well, painting the wainscoting [took too long on this project]. We've had a sprinkle of rain!!!! Have a good one and God bless all.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
We didn't realize the light was going bad until it wouldn't light. I did notice the last set of pics had to be lighten. Last night I stop and pick up two new bulbs and one went out right after it lite. So tonignt I will return it and start over again. Many times i add an extra light to take pics. More light the better.

Ray Marinaccio

Hi guys,
Your having nicer weather back east than we're having.
It got a bit chilly last night and is only going to be in the high 70s today. I'm used to those high 90s. I guess my blood has thinned out since we moved.
Guess it's about time to give the furnace it's annual cleaning and light it.

Chief Eagles

Comfortable here. Sunny and then cloudy. Hope Tammy or whoever comes up this way. We need a drinching. Errands run and now painting.:( Painting is boring.

Gil Finn

Maybe we will get some rain in a day or so, we can use it, my palms need a drink. I raise palm trees. The forest fire season has started and the end of summer is as dry as the rest of summer was wet. I thought the little trees would dround so I had to move them.

It has been so warm I cant wear my new leather jacket anywhere. The nieghbors are weirded out seeing me in the drive way in my striped over alls and rr cap playing trains.., ha ha , it is time for leather jackets and MIA/POW black TEEs and leather chaps. We live in what is basicly now a retirement community. The several nieghbors around us are ok except for this really anoying couple across the street:curse: . The nasty old lady constanly blows thier leaves into out yard.and they hate my dog..I guess all that is more than you might want to know:eek:ops:
:cry: None the less this is great bike riding weather.

I am going to make a pot of coffe in my new ebay camp coffee pot on the coleman burner, I am getting ready for some fall camping and fishing. I need a Marx wind up to take a long.

1125688398545_DSCN9315.JPG

Has anyone seen an old Silent flick on TMC on cable with Charlie Chaplin where he brings home a standard gauge wind up? I think it is a Bing.

Pull up a paint bucket and hold out your cup.

Dr. John

Gil, a cup of coffee would be good right about now. I like your camp set! I used to go all the time when I was a kid, but it's been years since I've been camping.

Used to have a Marx wind-up set back in the 60s. Wish I still had it!

Have a good day!

Speaking of wind up toys.... A few years ago, I bought two tinplate

hand cars with tinplate figures working it. It says on the side
100th Anniversary Lionel Trains. They are wind up. O guage.
They came in a metal gift box. Has anyone ever heard of these?

Gil...I like your coffee pot. Been years since I was camping.

Chuck

csxt30

Hi guys
wave.gif
I saw the coffee pot of Gills & it's a beauty!
biggrin.gif
I thought I'd put mine on here that I used to use at our model Plane field. I used to make coffee every night we flew. I've since quit that hobby to go back to trains. If we ever have an OTTS picnic, I got the coffee covered too ! Thanks, John
47b5ce24b3127cce94ce19ab4d3400000016108QauGTFsxcS
[[[[[.com/procserv/47b5ce24b3127cce94ce19ab4d3400000016108QauGTFsxcS['i h[[[[[[[ttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce24b3127cce94ce19ab4d3400000016108QauGTFsxcShttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce24b3127cce94ce19ab4d3400000016108QauGTFsxcS

Chief Eagles

SWEET ICE TEA!! SWEET ICE TEA guys. :)

This is wah thas kept me busy for several days.

47b5ce24b3127cce943baba6ec2100000016108AasnLhm4bNe

47b5ce24b3127cce943baba36d1400000016108AasnLhm4bNe

47b5ce24b3127cce943babad6d1a00000016108AasnLhm4bNe

This is only one wall. Did them all. Well one wall is windows with built in china closets in easch corner. They are all white too.

csxt30

Oh Tom, :wave: I was posting same time as you ! Yes, we have an interesting story to tell about the Firebird !:D See Tom actually had it in his hand at the show & set it back down, I think to purchase it later, or after he checked out the other cars this dealer had. So what do I do ? Yeah, I thought he didn't want it, so I bought it ! I did offer to give it to him, though ! Lots of fun we had ! I'm saving the scene at my diner for Sunday photo Fun, but you all got a little sneak preview there, cause I use that spot for taking a lot of pics ! Thanks, John

Gil Finn

Well, come on over after school and we can hide in the hall and listen to my sisiter on the extension..she and her boy friend talk about "underware"all the time...it's gross:eek:ops: :D :eek:ops: !

Dad lets me have the key to the garage and we can run his American Flyer trains.
He got a bill board with a whistle in last week and this neat tower where the guy climbs up the tower to light the lamps!!

It better than my crummy old Marx.

flyer.jpg

OK, enough of this kid stuff...lets get back to the adult hobby, TOY TRAINS:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.