Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
:wave:GOOD EVENING GUYS ! Yes Tom, the plan is working ! The more snow we get, the more AM calls the Chief gets !:D That will wear him down, & won't have enough power to send us snow !! I think Chuck was instumental in that tactical plan ! :D By the way, where is Chuck ? Where is Gill ? Glad we got that new web site for Olsens trains ! I wondered why I couldn't get them to come up. Well, so far it looks like I can go to the Diecast car show on Sunday ! Watch that change, with my partner going on vacation. Seems like everything happens when a guy goes on vacation !

Well, be back later, John :wave:

Roger B.

Oct 2, 2005
Watkinsville, GA
I was just over having a cup of coffee at the other location. I don't know if its traffic on CTT or AOL but the site has been slower than molassas in Feb. for me. I finally gave up trying to post on the coffee pot and moved to the caboose. Anyone else having problems this afternoon and evening?

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
:wave:Hi Roger ! I was there earlier & got 1 post on, but it was very slow on the Coffee Pot page when I would try to go back to another page. I thought it was my computer, thanks. John

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
:wave: Hi Chuck ! I don't have Norton or anything. I might have McAffee. Don't know how to work it though. What do you have Chuck ? Tom said to turn on your Norton, does that mean you buy these programs & they aren't on automatically ?

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
John, Most new computers have some type of system. I have SymantecAntivirus ware. There is usually a little icon in your lower toolbar. It has been a little slower today. I think the traffic has been heavy.

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
Gee, I don't think anything is wrong with mine. It seemed slow earlier on the Coffee Pot ia all. ' I think I'm ok.

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
Oh ! I was on the phone to Williams today & that sale is over on the Budd cars you got. They only have 2 road names left. C&O, AND UP. I could go with the C&Os.

Roger B.

Oct 2, 2005
Watkinsville, GA
I've McAfee and Spyware from AOL and whatever the Windows updates package 2 added and the fixes Microsoft puts out at least monthly. What I found helps sometimes is to dump the temp. files and cookies, I usually do this on Saturday afternoons. The one drawback is having to resign in on everything when you first access after cleanup.

See y'all tomorrow.

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
I've been deleting my history & temp files every couple hours or so. A guy at work told me to do that.Seems my computer always runs fast that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.