Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Evening all!

Had a busy day tending to the wife after her surgery yesterday. Recovery is slow and she hurts.

Spanky - your photo from this morning is magnificent! Great composition!

All the talk about shovels earlier makes me think one is needed here to dig out if you know what I mean. Reminds me of when an old buddy of mine during a big BS session held his arm up high. Took a while before someone asked him what he was doing. He replied he was trying to save his watch as his shoes were already ruined!

Have a great evening all!
Roy

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Roy I wish her the best and I can empathize with her.

I had some surgery this summer also and I know how difficult recovery is and also how slow.

Please give her my warmest wishes.

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning.

Chief... Have a safe trip.

Gil.... Really not that bad. One minute on the main highway, next
minute on the hill, in the wooded corner. Great.

John, have a good day at work.

Roy... Good luck and fast recovery for the wife.

Chuck

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 60 deg and heading to 72 with Blue Clear Skys (for now)

Gil - your log cars came out looking great. I saw on the DYI Model RR show that the guy was using stain that comes in a flet tip pen. I have to look for some of that.

I stop last night at WallyWorld and was going to pick up some FlexStone paint and they wanted $6.97, our local craft store only wants $5.49 a can. Guess it will wait until the weekend.

Boys in the Sunshine State better hold onto your hats. Wilma has gotten very mean.

Pick of the Day
03180525.jpg

:wave:

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
wave.gif
HIGH GANG !
wave.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nice picture of Tom's layout ! Tom, try & put a picture of your new log cars on when you get a chance, again! I should have stole them before ! ( the pictures ) Got to show Gill, not that his aren't nice ! Roy: sure hope your wife has less pain today. I told my wife not to complain about therapy ! She's not much for excersizing ! Oh, I wonder how that Flexstone paint would look on a factory with flat top roofs ? Now I have to look for it ! Boy, the stuff you learn when you visit other peoples' layouts ! Now, I wonder what's happening on the Hill ! ( Blueberry Hill, that is ) ! I wonder what Gill built today !! Hope The Chief had a good meeting ! ( if he explodes, Willoughby will have 5 feet of the white stuff ! )OK, later, John

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
wave.gif
Oh, there they are !
biggrin.gif
Thanks Tom! Nice big pictures, too ! Gill & Chuck, see what I mean ? These look pretty easy to make frames for, once you get the trucks . Get this though, 1 set of trucks may cost 12 or more dollars, and Tom got 3 cmplete cars for 25 !! Oh, if we only had a bunch of real junk cars, to get the trucks off. Wouldn't even need couplers, just a draw bar, or link !

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I have several Industrail Line short skeliton cars I might kit bash into longer skeleton cars.

Those look impressive SP.

I think I will remove the logs from my K Line cars and replace them with apple limbs so they will all match.

I am not going for a total hi rail look but I wan ta pretty fair and reasonably realalistic looking set up. It needs to compliment my rail road and logging/coal mining collectables so I can dsplay them all together...all in a 10 x 10 room, which I think is gping to be imposible.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Sheet Rock :)D) I will make you a set, send me cheap starter set flats and i will epoxy some sinkers to the bottom and all like that, they will look zackly the same.

Did I send you a mill worker ID with that scrip? I have a new batch...Western Maryland tools room tags and some Cass Mill employee brass ID tags.

I need to get several Ely-Thomas when I can .

Come back here often, this and the other forum are good train & BS foruns, LOL Not like the one our annal retentive friend was with :D

I will email you the link if you dont have it and a couple more I found.

How is that back building coming along? Got the trains in it yet?

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the temp is 42 deg and heading to 55 with cloudy skies. Fall has fallen

You really got to love the days of logging. I am waiting for MTH to make the Clamix in the RailKing line.

MTH also makes the short skelton log cars. I have one and can't hardly tell the differance between it and the IR ones, only the price.

Pic of the Day
47b5dc33b3127cce906757f0328c00000016108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning gang. Yes, going to be a cold one up Nawth this year. :thumb: Snow Snow Snow in Snohio.:p Extra warm here. Was awaken early this AM by an automated phone call from American Airlines informing me that my flight tomorrow had been canceled. So, I get up and call their 800 number. Lady tells me I have been rescheduled to fight XXXX ins tead of YYY. "What time does it depart?" "9:21 AM and arrives at 11:18 AM." "That is the same times I already have." "You woke me up to tell me you all just changed the flight number!!!!" "Looks that way sir." :curse: Has to be run by a bunch of Yankees.
Have a good day and God bless all [and American Airlines].

Status
Not open for further replies.