Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Ran trains for about an hour. :mrgreen: :thumb: Hot and dry. Got little squash and little green tomatoes. Grass carp will feed on grass I pull off and throw in the pond. Pond is still green but think it is thinning out now. Later.

pennman

Hey yall,
been a busy day a few ceromonies at ft Campbell today andsometimewith the family. been a hellva day in the upper 90's and humid. waiting for the rain. Goood day for scratch building and foam work.
Yall have fun
Tony

jefelectric

Evening,

Had a quiet Holliday here. Grilled Lamb chops for two, corn on the cob and asparagus.

Hope Old Tanker is OK.

Ronova, don't forget to give me a shout next time you get down this way.

Take care all,

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/29/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 68°F
Rain: 0.03"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph ESE

This morning - Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will continue moving to the north across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana. You can expect a brief heavy rainfall and occasional lightning.

Today High: 82 Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 10 mph.

pancakes.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Another hot dry day in NC. Fish biologist called about pond and said I was OK and should not have a problem as loing as I do not have several cloudy days in a row, None forecast. Have a good one.

pennman

Hey guys,
Yeap another hot day here as well pushing 90in TN and forcasting maybe showers by friday.
Chief, I can feel your pain had a nice pond spent alot of money on coy fish and between bad waterand cranes I had a mess and no fish.
Every body keep cool
Tony

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Back to work after a long weekend. Can't keep track of which day of the week it is now! :) Waiting for some good steady rain in Minnesota to water some new plants and an area of new grass....

Ralph

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Had a shower of rain lat night. Probably less than a tenth but I will take it. Got my first squash and cooked them last night. Usually have squash by first of May. Crazy growing season. Tomatoes have started growing. Got some the size of baseballs on plants started early in greenhouse. Really need a good rain event. None in sight per weatherpersons. We'll see. Off to Lowes to get a few things and then to Frankie's [across the county] to plant some tomato plants. Hope all have a great day.

oldtanker

Morning everyone. Haven't been on in a while. We put in 4 feeder pigs and 3 steers so I've had to put fence in, trying to stay dry here in west Mn. I've also been assisting with SCUBA classes, diving on my own with 2 in laws, working on the veggie garden, trying to keep up with the grass, still working on the house and will be mudding most of the day, trying to keep up with the grand kids (one new one, Ted, one due in Jul and another in Aug). Oh yea and fishing!

Rick

pennman

Hey Rick,
Nice to hear from you glad to see everything is going well. Same hot nasty weather here, trying to stay cool.
Yall have fun
Tony

Chief Eagles

Hey Tanker, glad to see you back. We missed you. Wife's ~#^* Nissan has turned check engine light back on. Runs great now and can not get it to spark knock on regular [was horrible]. New code says EGR valve. Just put new one on. Getting tired of this. County called and said last water thest of pond showed a heavy metal from sewage. Now they are back on the City spilled sewage. We'll see. Having signal reception problems with two Atlas engines [identical except road number]. One been back to Atlas 3 times. Sent me a new one. I does better. seensms the do good cold but as they heat up, lose reception of commmand signals in certain spots on layout. All other Atlas, Lionels and MTH's run fine. Just these two. Will chat with Atlas guy tomorrow. Real friendly and helpful. We'll see.

Good night.

oldtanker

Morning all, thanks Chief and Tony, it's good to be back:thumb:.

Chief we are in the market for a car right now. I was doing some research on the net and was very surprised at the reported complaints for Nissan's:eek:. I thought they were better than that. Good luck!

Sewage in the fish pond:confused:....sounds like a crappy deal to me:eek:. Hope you get that worked out soon, I know I'd be pretty mad:curse:.

I did get a little work done with train stuff while I wasn't visiting here, now I just need to get the time to do more. I now have way more rolling stock than engines (maybe I'll have to fix that....there are never enough:twisted:!) and the track and switches to start laying....the last few months have proved that it WILL NOT lay itself:cry:.

We are supposed to have day without rain!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Rick

Chief Eagles

Afternoon. Been on phone and messing with car. This is wife's second Nissan. First one was driven to 130K and no problems [sold to to a friend and she has driven the wheels off of it and still going]. This one is a 2000 Maxima and has not given any problems until now. 109K on it. Really can't complain it is just stumping us.
Gld to see Tanker back [and all who post here]. Ran Atlas enignes and they are doing better. Think that design has antenna location different than some of my others. Got to go. Have a good one.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Well, I'm not a representative from Nissan, but my Dad drives a Nissan Maxima (frogot the year) and it only gives my mom problems (the car is the summer type, complete with positional sun roof:mrgreen:). The Car has experienced no mechanical problems as far as I know.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Terrific day in the Twin Cities! Picture perfect weather. The kind we Minnesotans wait all year for. Was it nice to the West there Rick?
Ralph

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/1/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 88 Partly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

bacon.jpg

oldtanker

Morning everyone. It was a nice day yesterday with no rain!!!!!! Maybe I can get in the garden this afternoon.

Bill paying day.....

Ralph, great day!

Rick

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Hot and dry. Watering garden and wife's plants. Getting good squash. Tomato plants are growing. Got some tomatoes the size of baseballs. Those plants were three foot high when I took them out of the greenhouse. Off to Phoenix next Thursday morning early. Any of the guys here live in that area? Got to go. Have a great day.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
I have tomato plants the size of baseballs. :) Wow is it hot and steamy. If I didn't know better I would of thought there was a large fire because of all the haze. It is an even 90 °F in Northern Somerset County.

My daughter brought home a box turtle last night. Well to tell the truth she rescued it from certain death since I'm now going to open up the field beside the house for some more corn. Since it keeps going back to the same area we are going to build an outside cage house for the box turtle so it doesn't become a pancake under a tractor wheel. She can then release it prior to fall setting in when there will be no danger of killing it.

I swear sometimes I am running a zoo and not a farm. :mrgreen: The non farm animals are now one box turtle, one goat (pet), one dog, twenty-one cats, one mouse in cage, unknown living in house and barn, two rats living in cage, unknown living in barn, wild turkeys that keep thinking the garden is a good place to scratch, Bob the ring neck who now thinks the front porch is his every morning, too many ground hogs to count, thank god she has not ried to make pets with these yet, Coco and Brownie are the late evening doe and fawn that eats out of her hands every other evening, Lucky the blind Holstein she talked me into rescuing from the an early death as a calf, and last but not least a few bunnies.

I'm sure glad there are not any elephants that live in the area.

Chief Eagles

Jeffrey will appreciate this first one: News from Roseyville. Two houses burned in very nice neighborhood [Villages of Rolesville] and another damaged. After 6PM yesterday, I was watering my grapevines when the fire alarm went off and fire trucks went by. The main entrance to the subdivision is in sight of my back fence. Saw trucks zipping down the street. Looked up and over the trees was this big BLACK smoke. Per the occupants, they heard an explosion and the whole back of the house was in flame. They bailed out. It burned ans set the neighboring house on fire. It burned and damaged the house nest to it. The horses pulling the two man hand pumper were over come by heat and the chief was quoted saying that they needed bigger buckets [this was for the YANKS]. NO, Roseyville has 8 trucks [big fire dept] and neighboring towns arrived so about 25 fire trucks were on the scene. First house was fully engulfed when the arrrived. News tickertape on loacal channel says that a "coal train" has derailed near Smithfield NC [not far away]. My guess it is a CSX but NS crosses there too. Smithfield is split by the dual CSX tracks that run from NY to FL. Said no danger and no injuries.
Off to get car inspected.

Probably go to Miss Edna's after that.
Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.