Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
When I hear the thunder boom, I unplug everything electronic, Save time dealing with our insurance by not cooking the computer, phones and TV.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
I had to go to the Pittsburgh area for my daughter’s soccer game today. I was driving down the road when I saw some CN rolling stock. I never knew they had any rolling in this area but it appears they service some of the coal yards along the Mon.

Another thing I noticed was that the tracks going up the Allegheny are now reduced to a single track up near New Kensington. I guess they took them out awhile back on the West side of the river but when I was a kid there were a double main line out from Pittsburgh.

[FONT=&quot]One last thing I was driving near Cresson last week and noticed a train bridge that was clearly marked Pennsylvania Railroad. I though it was cool to see the grand old name still around after all of these years. Someday I should take a few photographs of these.

Oh I don't really unplug any of my stuff since I have replacement cost on my farm owners policy. I figure if it gets hit I just end up with a new and better computer. Besides it is a covered cause of loss and what happens when the storm hits and I'm not home to unplug it.
[/FONT]

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/7/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Now through 07:00 AM CDT May 07, 2007

High: 88

Through 7 AM...patchy and dense ground fog will cause visibilities to vary from greater than 1 mile down to a few feet. Motorists are urged to exercise caution and watch for rapid changes in visibilities. Rear end collisions are a common Hazard with this type of changing patchy dense fog. The fog should lift by around 7 AM.

Today High: 88 Partly sunny. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 20 percent.

I'll have the scrambled eggs today.

scambledeggs.jpg

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Good morning, it is an excellant spring day ahead.

I am leaving for a doctors appointment, a follow up from my recent hospitalazation.

I am awaiting on a new air gun I bought on line that may come tody hopefully.

It shoots pellets at 450 FPS and with metal siloet should targets should prove 'iibe great fum. It will take care of the starlings that raiding my bird feeders too.

Picture below is the model I bought. These things are not cheap, not like the bb guns we had as kids.

yhst-41902112641410_1940_876479

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
It shoots pellets at 450 FPS and with metal siloet should targets should prove 'iibe great fum. It will take care of the starlings that raiding my bird feeders too.

Picture below is the model I bought. These things are not cheap, not like the bb guns we had as kids.

yhst-41902112641410_1940_876479

Does it work for squirrels? jawdrop
We have a lot of moles and yesterday one of the wild stray cats around here did an exterminating job on one. They ruin the lawn in record time.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
HI everyone, been a bit. We have been real busy the last several weeks with garden work, putting in a pig pen (4 feeders) and getting ready to put in a few head of beef for our own meat.

I should start laying track later this week!

Rick

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey Guys,SeeI have missed a bunch here.hmm Looks Good! Well been working on the layout Picks tofollow soon.
Sorry been away and busy,Soninlaw came homefrom Iraq a few weeks ago, Been taking care of him and making Modes to the house so he can get around. WEwill be having him and my daughterliving with us for atleast the next year or untilthe Army decides what to do with him.
More to follow....
Yall have fun,
Tony

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
Today is Harry Truman's birthday, a holiday for state workers. Born in Lamar Missouri he is noted as the President who dropped the bomb ending WWII.
If you ever get to the Air and Space museum in DC the Enola Gay is on display.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning. tired from all day and then all night meetings for Town. We did pull an upset to the County Fire/EMS leaders and the County Commisioners sided with us [we did allow the Fire/EMS folks to save face].

Pennman, did I miss something. SIL wounded??? Disabled??? Hats off to all serving in Iraq [a war that should not have been]. These soilders went any way and have done a great job. Those disabled deserve the highest salute and should be taken care of for life.

CN in PA. Yes. Enola Yard out of Harrisburg PA.
47b7dd07b3127cce82dc59f589ef00000016108AasnLhm4bNe

CN engines waiting for crew change. Then coupled to train and pulled out. Lots of the rolling stock was CN.

Have a great day.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
I had to make a trip to Cumberland, MD today. Again I was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of CN rolling stock just outside the Narrows. Cumberland is one of those special places for rail fans. Sandpatch is so close it has to make this area a haven for trains.

Lunch though wasn’t as good. An elderly woman passed out in the parking lot and when head first to the pavement. Unfortunately I was the first to her side. I comforted her until the ambulance came doing my best to keep the sun out of her face. While I did end up buying lunch I had lost my appetite.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hi everyone:-D
Last night my dad and I put on our plexiglass guards to stop any possible train-pavement meetings. The engine shed is next, and that's a problem. All the engine sheds I can find are either to expensive, to european, or both! I personaly say that the layout should get the Walthers Cornerstone Engine shed ($30 bucks at our LHS and looks awesome to me), but dad says that the shed should only be where the train is stored at night to protect it from the elements. We may have to scratchbuild this. Any help guys?

If you ever get to the Air and Space museum in DC the Enola Gay is on display.

At the Wright-Patterson National Air Force Base and Museum in Dayton,OH , the 'Bockscar' (yes, that's what it's called!) is the biggest plane there and it droped the other bomb on Japan. They also have a C-130, stealth fighter, and an actual SATURN V rocket along with Apolo 15's command module!

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
Sparky the cardinal is at the feeder with his mate, I'll have to think of a name for her. My husband was mowing the back yard and found 3 turtles. The pampas grass is making a comeback. Everything is so GREEN.

"Pretty Green Hills
Take me into them Pretty Green Hills"
Dave Evans

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning. Misty rain and then sun and then all over again. Wish it would just rain. Got some calls to make. Did the plexiglass thing too. Good safety move. Got lots of feeders in my yard. It takes about one 40lb bag of blackoil and 9lb bag of thistle every 10 days. Two suet blocks every two weeks. Gets expensive. Hope all have a great day.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Two thumbs up for Atlas..!! I had a similar experience with an OOOOlllddd turntable which I don't think was actually ever usedbut had somehow stripped a gear...I called them up and asked if they had a gear set from the older TT version. They said they'd look, but didn't think so....Three days later an envelope showed up with a new gear set...FREE..!! AAahhh...good ol' service....

Status
Not open for further replies.