Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
John hope all is well.

Morning everyone! What a great day! I love Mondays!!!

Still working on the house......I did get a chance to look over my new rolling stock and engine over the weekend. Supposed to get in the 50's again today.

Have a great day.

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Today's Weather for: Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/13/2007

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 75 Cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 62 Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Biscuits and gravy for me today.

biscuitsgravy.jpg

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Morning all.

Started more tear out yesterday. Also started to add detail parts to a Kato SD45.

Was in the low 50s and expected to be the same today with rain mixed with snow tonight.

I know spring is here! The geese that nest on our creek came back yesterday morning!

Have a great day!

Rick

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey John,hopeyou feel better.

Thanks everyone for the luck going to need it..

Havent officially started but already doing the papper work and getting things set to jump into the fire next Monday. Forgot how much was involved in running a shop this size.

On the train front, Started moving things around a bit have my experimental bench in the room now and about to strip it and stat laying my perminant track.moreto come.

Yall have a greatday,
Tony

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Back at home. Yesterday was a screwed up day. Frankie on the way to pressure wash the house [get him to help me by dragging the hose] and then fish the pond. Going to be 70+ today. Suffer Yanks. :cry: Trip to Charlotte Bass Pro was great. Sold a lot of chargers for the company. Now off to Bosie ID. Fly out Thursday PM. US Airways screwed up my upgrade to first class. They have now garanteed me first class coming back on Monday. :thumb: Hope all are doing OK. Not got time to read all the back posts. Have a good one.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good Morning All,

I guess it is officially afternoon, but I got a slow start today. :D

Tony,balloon6 Congratulations & the best of luck in the new job.

I have an appointment to get the hand checked out later today.

Ran some trains with the granddaughters last evening, the like to run them with the DCS remote.

47b7dd33b3127cce827f017f126000000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

Chief, Have a great flight to Boise, Is that anywhere near Jon?

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi John,

Those g'daughters of yours look like they know what they're doing...What a joy it must be to see them doing something you yourself enjoy so much...!! :thumb:
Hope that finger of yours heals pronto...
What engine is that I spy in the back of the room...?? Looks like a Berk or something along those lines...Let's see some pics...

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Cute girls John. And they look like they are having fun too! I take a great deal of pleasure with my grandkids around the train! When I test ran my steamers that I got last month the 4 yo, Conner, had a blast and has got operations figured out already without coaching. He insisted that I put my modern water tower on the table (benchwork is almost complete and the base layer of foam is down but thats it) and several houses. Then he ran the IHC 4-6-2 with freight cars. He insisted on stopping at the water tower for water on each lap and at the "town" to unload toys and food for the children too.

Today not much going on here, got to get to town but that will wait until tomorrow.

Rick

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
On Friday I'm gonna buy a SH O gauge Boxed Weaver 50' Conrail Boxcar for R90 ($12), yippee!!

The other day I bought a SH unboxed UP Weaver Caboose for R120 ($16).

Now I've got HO: SAR/Spoornet (Main layout), N: US mix (Coffee Table Layout) and
O: US mix (Garden Layout), actually they are all in the building process!

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Got to get shadecloth on greenhouse. Going into the 80's today. Going to Raleigh and meet oldest for lunch. Frankie and I shot some videos of trains running upstairs. Pressure washed all the buildings here yesterday. Then Frankie and I went fishing at 5 PM. Caught one bass and then started crappie fishing. Caught some monsters. Got to go. Have a good one.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Speaking of rain, Monday at noon we got a whoooooping thunderstorm and rain that came down in sheets - visibility couldn't have been more than 60-80 feet...!!! It lasted about 2 hours but we got 6+ inches of rain...!!! That about a qurter of our yearly average...in a couple of hours...!!!

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
steamhead said:
Hi John,

Those g'daughters of yours look like they know what they're doing...What a joy it must be to see them doing something you yourself enjoy so much...!! :thumb:
Hope that finger of yours heals pronto...
What engine is that I spy in the back of the room...?? Looks like a Berk or something along those lines...Let's see some pics...

The Engine in the background is a Reading T-1, Northern, by MTH.

47b7dd35b3127cce8261f76a801900000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

This is painted as they were in later years when mainly used for excursions, with yellow handrails and white tires. Only 4 of the 30 built were actually equiped for passenger service the rest were used as freight engines. BTW they were built in the Reading's own shops.

This is the largest steamer that I can run on my layout as the curves are only 056, that's 28" radius for you HO'ers.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Darn Chief.....just trying to get us northern boys mad.....bass and crappie!

J. thats cause you live in South Africa!

Gus thats a lot of rain, we had that here the first year that we lived here.....what a mess!

John, nice looking engine...even is if is too big.....LOL

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.