Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

It's a little on the cool side this morning but it'll warm up later.

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today
High: 43°F
Low: 39°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have pancakes today.

pancakes.jpg

jefelectric

Good morning,

Looks like about 4" so far, still snowing. Hope to wait till it is done to get it cleaned up.
Wife swept the first 2" or so off before she went to work, and before I got up.
She is a lot younger than I am. :D :thumb: :wave:

Renovo, Did those New Holland tractors used to be Fords? A big New Holland plant not far from here in (where else) New Holland, PA. About 30 miles from my home. Don't know if they make the tractors there or not.

Take care,

oldtanker

Morning all, went to Fargo and back this morning. Going to take it easy the rest of the day I think.

Nice looking farm there, I don't have the toys but enjoy living on the farm too. We have a couple of pet horses and rent out the crop land.

John, New Holland bought out Ford a few years ago if I remember correctly.

Rick

Chief Eagles

Afternoon. Been at pond cutting trees so they would fall in the water. Was no structurre in the pond. 62 degree and warming. Sorry Yanks, enjoy your snow. :rolleyes: This software is getting slow again. Takes a long time to get to the caboose during the day. Got to go. Got to put lime on garden and then disk. "Broke" it up yesterday. Later

lionelfan

Hello from NE Ohio. Snowy and cold today. Got appx 4 " of snow overnight. Just got rid of some of the 18" we got on 2-14. Oh well spring is near..( Ihope)

oldtanker

Morning all, going to scrape some ice/snow of the drive tis morning.....supposed to get to the melt point today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Tomorrow and the next day!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/9/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Now: Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Today: High: 75 Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight: Low: 50 Decreasing clouds. Lows around 50. Light and variable winds.

I'll have french toast today.

french-toast.jpg

oldtanker

WOOHOO! In the melt zone!!!!! WE are at 35 and supposed to get to 40 today and tomorrow then the 50s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Rick

pennman

Hey Guys, been busy<so have I missed anything important?
Been geting ready to move jobs getting transfered witha promotion. No I dont have to move thats a good thing.Even better thing the new job puts me right by the CSX main line.YEEHA!!!
Weather beens awsome down here today its going to be sunny and into the 70's guess we are hitting spring time.
Yall have fun,
Tony

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
pennman said:
Hey Guys, been busy<so have I missed anything important?
Been geting ready to move jobs getting transfered witha promotion. No I dont have to move thats a good thing.Even better thing the new job puts me right by the CSX main line.YEEHA!!!
Weather beens awsome down here today its going to be sunny and into the 70's guess we are hitting spring time.
Yall have fun,
Tony
That's great news!! (The new job too) :D :D :D :D Best of Luck!!!!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Yeah - it's FINALLY Warming up in PA too - - I think Chief is sending his wishes here so it wont be cold when he visits :D :D :D

oldtanker

Penn, congrats and good luck!

Got really nice out yesterday!

I got 20 cars that I had purchased for a member here this morning in the mail! Guess what I'm doing for the rest of the day!

Rick

oldtanker

Morning all, mother in laws bday......72, wifes great grandmother will be 99 next week.

Lot of snow melting here now! Supposed to be in the 50s the next few days!

Rick

Gil Finn

I would think folks who can afford movies and mall restuarants might afford a baby sitter or at least keep thier toddlers at the table and out from under the movie seats :curse:

jefelectric

Hi Guys,

It's been four days since I've been on this thread so this is going to be a long post.

We had a delightful weekend in Philly. Spent all day Thursday at the flower show it was among the best I have seen, the theme this year was Ireland. Friday I Convinced Jean to go along to the tower tour (under William Penn's Statue atop City Hall), which until a few years ago was the highest point in Philadelphia. I then followed along as Jean shopped & we finished off the day at Ruth Chris Steakhouse (my favorite restaurant). On Saturday we walked down to the historic district as the weather was beautiful, close to 60 & Sunny. Took a nice Carriage ride with a great driver and tour guide, didn't let on that I knew a lot of what he was telling us as I have long been a history buff. He did know a lot of trivia however. Finished off Friday at McCormick & Schmick (Top Notch Crab Cakes). Now for the fun part, we just slept in this morning and had a leisurely breakfast before catching a cab to the station, which we had to do earlier than we normally would have as the BIG St. Patrick's Day Parade is today in Philly. As I was wheeling my suitcase out to the cab, Jean's small bag, which I had looped over the handle fell off and somehow got rapped around my middle finger on my left hand and dislocated it. It didn't hurt to much and when we got into the cab I managed to snap it back into place, but it would not stay in place if I moved it.

I spent the entire train ride back holding my left hand stiff. Had great help from the Red Cap & Conductor with the luggage and after we got off the train we headed to the ER in Lancaster. Got back home about 6:30. By now you may have guessed I am typing this with one hand.

I am to call a spe******t tomorrow to look at the hand as the ER Doc thinks there is tendon damage since it wont stay in the socket, sounds like fun. Did I say a bad word?????

Hope I didn't bore you to tears.

Take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.