Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning. Rain on tap for today so it's going to be more layout work.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/12/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 49°F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
High
: 52°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph SE

High: 68 °F
Low: 55 °F

Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Warmer. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 55 Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce large hail and damaging winds. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

french-toast.jpg

jefelectric

Good afternoon,

A little warmer here, to get to 34 today, before the snow gets here.

Rick, I hope this is just a routine Dr. visit for the grandson. BTW, you havn't reported on the project lately. What is happening.

Take care all,

CNWman

CNW Fan
green_elite_cab said:
oh man, i heard that snow won't be so bad... shoot. I was really looking forward to a 2 hour delay...

Want some snow? Cincinnati has a chance for around 14 inches tonight! I plan on decaling my elevator soon!:D

cedarcreekrr

Waiting on 6-8 inches of snow, maybe a delay or no school at all tommorrow. After 32 years of teaching the delays are nice to get a little extra sleep.

Chief Eagles

Surgery over. Got hole about the size of a dime in right hand at 7 O'Clock and one inch back from second knucle. Little deeper than the thickness of a dime. Cut out a chuck, bio'ed it, cut a thin layer more, bio'ed it and it came up clean. It was on type of cancer that grows more outward than inward. Good Lord looking after me. No stiches. Letting it heal natural. That was can use hand and not pull them out. Also can get wet and etc. Might take a couple of weeks longer to heal. Later

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Chief Eagles said:
Surgery over. Got hole about the size of a dime in right hand at 7 O'Clock and one inch back from second knucle. Little deeper than the thickness of a dime. Cut out a chuck, bio'ed it, cut a thin layer more, bio'ed it and it came up clean. It was on type of cancer that grows more outward than inward. Good Lord looking after me. No stiches. Letting it heal natural. That was can use hand and not pull them out. Also can get wet and etc. Might take a couple of weeks longer to heal. Later
Glad to hear you're OK :) Good News!! :) :)

N Gauger

cedarcreekrr said:
Waiting on 6-8 inches of snow, maybe a delay or no school at all tommorrow. After 32 years of teaching the delays are nice to get a little extra sleep.

Yeah - unless - like our school district, they have a call tree, they actually call you to let you know you can sleep in a few more LOL

I'll be thinking of you - I dont work at a school, but I'm "Essential Personnell" - -I HAVE to go.. i run the supply department (Ice foe and Rock Salt) :)

They need me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oldtanker

Morning all. -4 supposed to be about 10.

The grandson is a downs kid. He was born with a very bad heart defect almost 3 years ago. That was right after VA told me I couldn't work anymore so I did day care for him and his older brother. After 4 months he was big enough for them to fix his heart and there has been no keeping him down.

The other day while grandma was watching him and his brother he slid a chair into the kitchen and pulled a coffee pot down on himself. 2nd degree burns on his arm. Mostly treatable at home but because of his heart with the possibility of infection he has to see his doc x2 a week. He's doing find and the arm doesn't seem to bother him.

As far as my house project I've managed to stockpile a lot of stuff. Been doing most of the cutting outside and its just too cold to get much done when it's -10 to -20. I did start building more cupboards Saturday and doing more today.

Chief glad things turned out good for you.

Have a great day all.

Rick

Chief Eagles

Morning all/ Off to a meeting for the Town. Work trip to Orlando Thursday will be a vacation after this past week and yesterday. Prayers for your Grandson Tanker. Might rain today. OH, saw the number of replies to this thread. Funny, almost that many in a month and a half on the CTT forum. Its a real busy thread over there. Have a good one.

N Gauger

oldtanker said:
Morning all. -4 supposed to be about 10.

The grandson is a downs kid. He was born with a very bad heart defect almost 3 years ago. That was right after VA told me I couldn't work anymore so I did day care for him and his older brother. After 4 months he was big enough for them to fix his heart and there has been no keeping him down.

The other day while grandma was watching him and his brother he slid a chair into the kitchen and pulled a coffee pot down on himself. 2nd degree burns on his arm. Mostly treatable at home but because of his heart with the possibility of infection he has to see his doc x2 a week. He's doing find and the arm doesn't seem to bother him.

As far as my house project I've managed to stockpile a lot of stuff. Been doing most of the cutting outside and its just too cold to get much done when it's -10 to -20. I did start building more cupboards Saturday and doing more today.

Chief glad things turned out good for you.

Have a great day all.

Rick
Sending well wishes and prayers his (and your) way!! :D

Snow here - until tmorrow, broken up with a bout of sleet and freezing rain later today :(
I just might have to go out and shovel :( :(

cedarcreekrr

Best wishes on a healthy recovery for your grandson Rick. School was closed for all of northeast Indiana today, so I got a day off to be made up at a later date. I went to school anyway to take care things that do not seem to get done when school is in session.

Everyone have a great day I did.:D

jefelectric

Good afternoon,

Looks like we have about 5" so far, still snowing but it has been very slow all day since about 5 AM. Went out a while ago to blow off the drive and walks. The snow blower is actiing up. Starts and runs fine until you put a load on it and then it dies, no power, quit after a few passes. Might be fuel filter clogged, not sure. Will let grandson take a look at it tomorrow, if no school. Neighbor finished off my drive for me.

Rick, Will pray for a quick recovery for the grandson. Don't blame you for not wanting to run outside to make cuts in that kind of weather.

Chief, Don't overdo it with that hand. Take it easy, I know that is hard for you to do, but try.

I spent all morning and part of the afternoon organizing and getting rid of some magazines, what a job.

Enjoy the trains,

oldtanker

Morning all, just a quick hi and thanks for the concern over my grandson.

bout -18 again....out the door, MRI at VA on my neck this morning. No big deal herniated disks and bone spurs.

Rick

cedarcreekrr

I had a busy morning cleaning off my sidewalk and for three other people that can't get out and do it. No school again today:cry:, maybe I'll find some time to work on train stuff.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Raining. Big TStorm lasty night. Thunders in the winter, means snow in 10 days. Glad all you Yanks are getting the snow. sign1 Hope all the sick are doing better. Tanker, had a spur removed from my neck in 03. Got another one "growing" on the other side. Got to shampoo downstairs carpet today and pack. Off to Orlando tomorrow AM. Back on the tour. :cry: Will miss working on the RR. Have a good one and stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.