Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Mroning All from NE Ohio
    where the temp is 7 deg and head into the 20's for the first time in weeks!.. :D

Chief - when are you ever coming to the Cleveland area or at least thru it. :rolleyes: This week we have to make our trip back up to Grand Rapits. :curse:

Last night at our OTTS meeting we played with a 1934 Loinel Jr. Boy did it run good. :thumb:

2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Weather's gone to he.. in a hand basket. Cold front came thru - dropped all the way to upper 40's (Bbbrrrrr...) and brought buckets of rain & thunder....

Tom, that's the sweetest little engine I've ever seen...!!! Looks like the little engine that could...

Thanks for sharing.:thumb:
  3. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Morning everyone. 17 degrees out, at least it's above zero! As I type, CSX is going through the back yard, looks like mixed freight with a HLCX unit on the head end. Started to plan the BIG layout for the second floor of the garage, may not come to fruition for a few years, but I have to have a plan don't I? :D That just leaves more time for a diorama or a small layout in the basement. :thumb: Gotta run, have a good one....
  4. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Hi guys,
    Just checking in to see what is happening.

Not much action here, so take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  5. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

Hey its cold here and I have exceeded my needed calories for the day, you have any hot Earl Grey tea? :)

Hi everyone! I enjoy reading this thread when I get a chance!
  6. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Hey lo folks,
    Haven't been out in a few hours but last I did, it was freezing, 26 I think. the Grain elevator is delayed for my grandparents visiting. got my Scout Troop's 75th anerversary tomorow at 10:50 AM for the rechartering, so it's gonna be heck getting up. I've posted the first chapter of my train mystery in it's thread, please read and comment.
    CNWman (the man who wants to have an HO Mavis:oops: sign1 )
  7. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

cool, i'm in the scouts. to.

consider yourselves lucky. i work in an old quonset hut on diesel engines ( for tug boats and things, no locomotive power plants, lol). Its actually colder in there at all times then it is outside.
  8. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
    where we are at a Brrrrrrrr 7 deg with snow on the way tonight.

Yesterday we worked on a switch back layout that was donated to the musuem. It was a display at a local train store (Willoughby Trains) some 30 years ago. It is an On3 layout.
  9. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Hey Tom, that looks really good.

Good morning. Cool and damp here today.

More layout work for me. What else is there for me to do.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/11/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 37°F
    Humidity: 69%
    Dew Point: 28°F

So Far Today
    High: 38°F
    Low: 36°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 5mph NNE

High: 54 °F
    Low: 52 °F

Now through 10:00 AM CST February 11, 2007

High: 55

Through 10 AM...isolated showers will move east across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana. Rainfall will be light.

Today High: 55 Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Warmer. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Biscuits and gravy today.

10. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Good Morning all!!! Real heat wave going on here +10!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't done much on the house in the last couple of weeks, doing the cutting outside and its been below zero so I'm goin to work my you know what off today.

Great looking layout there.

Cute engine..

11. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Warmer here. Ran trains while waiting for Frankie to get ready to go to Mom's. He is always behind except when going on duty. He's got phone static problems [as of this AM] and I told him I would go to his house and help him when we get back. He goes on duty tomorrow morning [Deputy Sheriff]. Yanks, stay warm up there. Hope all have a good day. God bless.
  12. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Tom, that's so cool...!!! I tinkered with the idea of setting one up in my layout but figured I'd need some 8 feet to be able to haul a 4-5 car consist up the mountain. That's a lot of real estate. How big is that baby? What kind of grades is it running? How many switchback tracks does it have?? You guys sure are lucky to be able to tinker (play...) with something like that...!!!
  13. brakie

brakie Active Member

Good Morning All!
    Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes except its another day closer to Spring.
    Went out this morning for breakfast(I had ham steak,eggs,and cat head biscuits with jelly-$3.99 including coffee) and manage to see 2 NS trains on the trip there and back and I also drove by the T&OC station and it looked so inviting to stop awhile but,I continued on home way to cold for that happiness...
    I went with my Brother-in-law yesterday and watch him spend money on 15 used Athearn cars,7 used Walthers coil cars and 3 use Atlas S2 switchers. At least he knows quailty.. The oddest thing about this equipment is they are equipped with X2F couplers.
    We are planing on building a HO layout in his basement.He also models N Scale but,me thinks he will sell the N Scale.

Well I shall have a cup and look over the forum..
    Have a great day all
  14. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Morning Everyone. Been a little busy lately and haven't been around here that much lately. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Been doing a little research this weekend on On30. Thinking of switching scales. Well got to get going for now.

:wave: Have A Great Day Everyone.:wave:
  15. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

14* up here and I have no plans to leave the house. I have to 3 times next weeks so I need to save my heat and energy for then.
  16. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Evening all,
    A real heat wave here, at 33 we broke though the freezing mark for the first time since Feb 2nd. Tomorrow to go all the way to 34 & then SNOW on Tuesday and Wednesday. What fun!

Chief, Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow.

Take care all,
  17. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

It's 24 degrees Celcius, the wind has been gentle but COLD the past couple of days, we are probably going to have an early winter . Autum is just 'round the corner anyway.

Keep warm everybody.
  18. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning. Rain on tap for today so it's going to be more layout work.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/12/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 49°F
    Humidity: 80%
    Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
    : 52°F
    Low: 48°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 6mph SE

High: 68 °F
    Low: 55 °F

Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Warmer. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 55 Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce large hail and damaging winds. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

19. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

hi all, had to take my grandson to the doc this am. About 13 way better than -13...

Have a great day all.

20. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good afternoon,

A little warmer here, to get to 34 today, before the snow gets here.

Rick, I hope this is just a routine Dr. visit for the grandson. BTW, you havn't reported on the project lately. What is happening.

Take care all,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.