Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Come to sunny South Africa, its summer here and its partly cloudy with 30% chance of rain and its 30 degrees Celcius- WE ARE SWEATING!!! Can't wait to get home after work and go take a dip in the pool!

oldtanker

Godd morning everyone! -18, todays high should be around -5, no wind. Should break into the + side tomorrow.

Spring can't come soon enough. Going to order track and switches today. I would have liked to buy from a hobby shop but at 1/2 the price I have to go online.

Have a great day!

Rick

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Wow it took three hours to get the house back into the mid 60’s. I’m not sure how far below zero we are (I didn’t have my glasses on when I look at the thermometer) but the wind has wiped up 6 foot drifts in the drive way.

A coal furnace is great it is either so hot that you need all the windows and doors open or it gets cold enough that you need a jacket. :) Can you tell I sleep in. ;)

As I was getting the coal furnace up to speed this morning my thoughts drifted to the old steamers running in the winter. I wonder if the engineer froze his backside off on days like this?

[FONT=&quot]I could stay home and just run trains today. Well I have to get to work then come home and take care of the cattle so I guess the trains will have to wait till later.[/FONT]

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Wow it took three hours to get the house back into the mid 60’s. I’m not sure how far below zero we are (I didn’t have my glasses on when I look at the thermometer) but the wind has wiped up 6 foot drifts in the drive way.

A coal furnace is great it is either so hot that you need all the windows and doors open or it gets cold enough that you need a jacket. :) Can you tell I sleep in. ;)

As I was getting the coal furnace up to speed this morning my thoughts drifted to the old steamers running in the winter. I wonder if the engineer froze his backside off on days like this?

[FONT=&quot]I could stay home and just run trains today. Well I have to get to work then come home and take care of the cattle so I guess the trains will have to wait till later.[/FONT]

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Not as cold as they had said [33 and rising]. Suppose to be big wind chills. Have not hit yet. John Deere Windmill sitting still. Might come anytime though. Hope they miss the lows. Going to visit retired Air America pilot buddy tomorrow and Wed. Do some shooting. Stay warm.

pennman

Well woke up this morning to a nice surprise the house was 45 deg inside and 8 outside.Somtime during the night the heating unit desided to derail itself!! Dont know what the price on this is going to be but its going to be expensive!
Yall have fun, thank god for fire!!LOL
Tony

jefelectric

Good evening,

Cold here all day as well. 7 this morning, don't know what the hi was, but the only time I looked at the thermometer it was 16.

Ran trains a little while. Got a squeek in one of my lackawanna passenger cars. Got to check that out.

Take care and stay warm.

jeffrey-wimberl

I've been doing a bit of paint work today. Sorry about the blurry pics. My camera sucks!

Before trim work and decaling.

e7black.jpg

And after.

e7black1.jpg

e7black2.jpg

Here's another one I just decaled. A GP40P-2.

kcswhite1.jpg

I just converted an Athearn F7A BB to DCC. It's always been a good runner but couldn't crawl well. Now it can crawl, and it's top speed is so fast that the cars derail. I'm getting more of these NCE decoders. Walther's part #524-139, NCE Silent Running 2 function decoder.

NCEsilentrunningdecoder524-139.gif

pennman

Just an update, still cold in TN..Burr

Day 2 no heat yet, it will cost around 2400.00 dollarsforanew unit and he can getback tome sometime late tomorrow or the next day. Seems all the heating units in middletn went during the same cold snap.

Been keeping the fire place burning, the house is a cosy 55 deg- 60 deg Hmmm
Thank god for fire..lol
Keep warm,
Tony

conrailmike

Morning everybody. -4 out there, high of 10 expected today! Hope it's not as cold in the plant today as it was yesterday! Have a good one...

oldtanker

Morning all.

Bout +1...feels great! Where the sun blocker!!!! oops it's snowing too, not supposed to be much.

Tony, sorry bout the furnace, I'm putting in a new one next year, mine is almost 40 years old....i'm getting a train...LOL thats the brand to have up here, they advertise "its hard to stop a train"...LOL going to be around 4k with air.

Have a great day all.

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

conrailmike said:
Morning everybody. -4 out there, high of 10 expected today!

And I thought it was cold down here in Louisiana! Compared to -4, we're having a heat wave. The low today was 35.

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today, I'll be converting another Proto 2000 to DCC. An E8. It will bee repainted as well.
Wanna know what the fun will be? It ain't DCC ready. It'll have to be hard wired.
It's in Southern Pacific livery right now, but will soon be KCS.

It'll look like this when I finish with it.

e8white.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/6/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 36°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
High: 43°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

High: 67 °F
Low: 36 °F

Today High: 68 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Increasing clouds. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Today I'll have eggs Benedict.

eggsben.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Got to 18 on my thermometer. Warming up though. Off to the southern part of NC to visit retired Air America Pilot and shoot some. Have a good one and stay warm.

brakie

Good Morning All!
Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then I am hibernating while its cold and sticking my nose out far enough to let my dog in and out and she doesn't stay out to long.
Of course yesterday the computer had to be reformatted,redone or whatever its called and I lost a lot of things and to top that off my son thinks the hard drive is going out..
I shall have a cup and look over the forum.

Stay warm all!

Gil Finn

We have snow, the first of any depth. Enough that school will out.

I hate this cold weather up here, tis always 10* colder than in Charleston-Huntington.

jefelectric

Good evening all,

Tony, Bad time to have the heat go out, I guess it never happens in the summer. :D Good thing you have a fireplace.

MadHatter, OK, OK, don't rub it in so much. :(

Jeffrey, You sure have been busy as of late. I am in O gauge but I imagine you get the same benifits with DCC as we get with DCS & TMCC except our manufacturers can't get together with a standard, they just sue each other in their spare time. hamr I love the new electronic controls. Even the old Lionel AC motored units run much slower and smoother when converted to TMCC.

Today was a volunteer day at the TCA musuem but only spent a half day there. It seems the fuel oil tank went dry sometime this morning and they hadn't come to fill it and restart the burner by noon, so they sent us home.

Hay Mikey, if you are monitoring this thread, I asked John if he remembered you and he sure did. Said it has been a while.

It was 5 here this morning and 16 now. I guess it was in the low 20s at the high, but I didn't check. They say the low will be 12 tonight but it looks to go lower than that if it is 16 now.

Picked up an MTH Blue Comet set today, will post a picture later.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Evening folks

Today I got out 90 minutes early from fear of an apraching snowstorm. She it when I left and was in full-force 2 hours later. Unfortunetly, I had a massive headache and so was bed ridden ( at least I had no HW). possibility that we miss tomorow for snow. Planing on getting Bachman to make Mavis ASAP or else (*cracks knuckles* LOL not really).

CNWman

steamhead

Ohhhh...poor souls....low 70's here...!!!:D

Gotta keep workin' on the railroad...

Guys, announce1 keep those pictures of your 3-railers comin'...!!!

pennman

The ironey of it all,
They finnaly came and got the heater fixed the house is nice and toasty. I'm broke now for atleast the next few weeks.
Now to beat all its around 11pm and its 50 deg outside.
yall have fun,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.