Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Morning all, about 0, going to be around 9 for a high. Still haven't had much snow around these parts, very dry year for Mn.

Going to be running again today with grandkids to preschool, then to fargo to pick up one of my sons for the weekend (supprise bday party for my wife, 3 sons and 1 daughter are going to be able to make it!). Have to go to Home Depot for more plywood and sheet rock. Only need to get 20 sheets of sheet rock amd 5 of the plywood.....but I should be done with the worst of the tear out (old plaster&lath and blown in insulation) sometime late next week.

Picking up some flex track, switches, road bed and ballest today too!

Have a great day everyone!!

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
Today is shopping day, so I'll be in and out during the day. And I'm getting my new camera today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/1/2007

Live Conditions 6:19 AM
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23​

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
High: 41°F
Low: 39°F
Rain: 0.09"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

High: 52 °F
Low: 37 °F

Now through 08:00 AM CST February 01, 2007

High: 50

Through 8 AM...a broken line of showers will be found across the coastal waters, between Marsh Island and the Atchafalaya Bay. You can expect a moderate rainfall, which will reduce the visibilities to around 3 miles. Isolated showers will be found elsewhere across the coastal waters. Otherwise, patchy fog will be found over south central Louisiana.

Today High: 50 Mostly cloudy with rain likely. Highs around 50. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

Let's keep it simple today. I'll have French toast.
french-toast.jpg

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Morning everybody! Another frigid morning in MI. Received my ebay purchase yesterday and I made it out to Rider's H.S. in Flint. My 3yr old wanted to buy everything she laid her eyes on, funny thing is, I think I did too! I found out that they have a 90 day layaway plan though! I told the wife that and I got the usual eye roll :) Have a good day...

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
good morning! hooray for no school! you guys may remember it hen you have to sit on that bus after standing in the frezing cold wind! you cloths are so cold that burns when you sit down...

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Those cold school days, Yeap remeber those well! Standing at hte bus stop whatching the snow fall and waiting to hear one of the parents yell school is closed go home.

Nothing here in TN,we had snow and ice last night. Justenough to screw everything up but not enough for me to say the hell with work..Bummer

Going to stay cold forthe next fewdays and calling for snowflurries and ice over the next few days thats about it.
Yall keep warm now,
Tony

cedarcreekrr

Jul 17, 2006
Garrett, IN
Twenty years ago I use to like the snow days, but now we have to makeup days missed. The 2 hour delays are a much better option, you at least get to sleep in. This year we have only had one 2hr delay. :cry: I can only look foward to Feb. 19 when have no school because it is used as a makeup for a snow day.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
ironically i'm out of school because we just finished our finals, and for whatever reason, the teachers need a day or 2 to get ready for next semester. I'm not complaining, lol.

I think my favorite time i had off was when it was an absolutely beautiful friday, and they cancelled school in anticipation of horrifying hurricane weather. it was great, because people where confused, and kids were just standing around at other bus stops. ironically, the bad weather didn't come until monday, when we did go to school with 3 tornadoes in the state and horrifying storms. that fact that my bus stop was under the tallest trees on the street did not make my day.... lol. we got stuck in school until 5 PM that day.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Chief, we dress really, really warm to work out in this stuff! We have to be really careful, at 0 frost bite is a real issue and at -30 breathing too fast or deeply can damage lungs. You see guys up here removing snow wearing full face helmets to protect themselves from the cold. I have a cab on my old Wheel Horse garden tractor that I blow snow with. I'm not alone with that. A few years back an elderly couple left home to go visit friends. Their car died about 300 yards from their house, she made it half way and he got within a couple of feet of the door. This stuff up here can kill you, no joking around!

Playing with the cold is as dangerous as playing on train tracks!

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/2/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 34°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
High: 42°F
Low: 40°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph N

High: 44 °F
Low: 38 °F

Today High: 48 Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 28 Decreasing clouds. Colder. Lows in the upper 20s. Light and variable winds.

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Morning everybody! Doesn't feel as cold as it did yesterday so that's a good thing. Picked up my copy of the new Walthers Catalog yesterday! Lots of neat stuff! Talk about a wish book!

Have a good one...

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Well It snowed again!! We have about 2" ans ice under it and everything is closed. There pilling them up on the interstate as well as the local roads.
I'm seriously thinking of taking a personal day and just sitting home.
I'll giveyou this atleast up in PA and NJ we knowhow to handle snow, down here they cant even handle rain well.
Good day to work on trains,
Tony

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning. Cloudy and cold but not as cold as it is at Tanker's. BURRR Been watching an old John Wayne western on the Westerns Channel. The one with the Quaker girl. One great actor. Now time for trains. Worked on a train layout project all day. Did not work as I wanted it too. Put it all back as it was. Ever have that happen? Today, adding a new siding in a vacant area. Have a good one and a great weekend.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Morning all,

Not planning on moving North, cold enough for me here. After I sign off here I am heading out to the greenhouse to start Geranium seeds. First ones I start, will be starting various seeds for the next couple of months.

Hope to get a little layout work done this afternoon.

Take care and keep warm.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Good Morning All!
Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes even the NS is slow today..
Well got back from the garage and the heater was repaired.The best part there was no charge because a wire was lose and it took a second to fix it. I had the oil change and the car lube while I was there since the car was 1100 plus odd miles past due.

Well,another birthday and another year older.I can't complain to much my mind still good,my eye sight is still good but,my body is a wreck..In fact when I die they could donate it to science fiction.
Well I shall have a cup and look over the forum

Have a nice day all! :D

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Hey Larry, You forgot to mention which birthday it is. Happy 59th Birthday! bday1

The weather is still holding here although the sun has disapeared.

Got the geranium seeds done, now to some layout work.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
TGIF from NE Ohio
With temps falling from 22 deg to only a high on this Sunday being 6 deg. :curse:

This past week we had snow several days, had to clean the drive way a couple of time. Did anyone go woodchuck hunting today!

This week we upgraded our ram on this old box. It only had 100 mgs, now we are up to 288 mgs. Runs much better. :D

Don't forget to vote on the photo contest!

This is a pic of one of our OTTS members layout that is still under constriction.

47b7df06b3127cce81f09a45f9c700000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.