Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Rick, thats not funny sending that 7 deg down here this morning to cold!!

Man thats a nice layout wish we had something like that around here,seems we just can never get it together.
This is a military town and everyone comes and goes fast lattley.

Well going to try and get some more stuff done
yall have a nice one,
Tony

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Good Morning all! :wave:
Not much to report from the land of frozen Buckeyes..Its 14 degrees and this is the coldest its been this year.
I really long for Spring so I can take my daily walk "rest" at the T&OC station watching trains or perhaps sitting in my car having a cup of coffee while reading the latest issues of MR,RMC,CT,R&R or NSR between trains.IMHO it doesn't get any better then that.:thumb:
I have no plans today other then staying warm by kicking back and reading MR and CT in my laz e boy chair...:D

I shall have a cup and look over the forum.
Have a nice day all! :D

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Afternoon everyone! Not much warmer here in the Mitten state, 20 degrees out and sunny. Nothing on CSX this morning except a signal maintainer doing his thing. Larry, I know how you feel about springtime, except I won't have to walk anywhere to watch trains - I can just sit out by our pool and watch the 3 or 4 daily CSX trains go by as I read the latest issue of MR or whatever I happened to have at the time. I do wish the line was busier than it is.

Have a good one....

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Morning all, bout -8, much better than -30.....have to go to Fargo today, VA appt. Going to stop at the dive shop on the the way and the hobby shop while there.

Have a good one!

Rick

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Morning everybody, cold here in MI this morning, 19 degrees and snowing. Gotta help a friend lay ceramic tile today, if I get a chance, maybe a trip up to Flint to Ryder's Hobbies just to have a look at things. Haven't seen any trains yet today, maybe later. Have a good one....

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Good Morning All!
Not much to report from snowy Buckeye land other then wind and snow.
After lazing around yesterday and reading my magazines I feel the need to do some modeling.NS is having a slow day..
I suppose the best thing about January is:its about over and Spring is getting closer. :thumb:

I shall have a cup and look over the forum..

Have a nice day all! :D

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Morning all, Cold as hell again, cant wait for spring to come!

Rick, Good luck at the VA, I hate goingto that place.

Well guys meet a major mile stone today the laundry room is finished(almost) going to laythe tile this weekend and then its done!!!

Then I can do somemore work on the layout room YEHA!!!
MOMMA HAS TO BE HAPPY FIRST!!!
Yall have fun now,
Tony

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Greetings, our weather is any thing but warming, global or otherwise.

I have been building modle kits, reefers and hoppers all week and am looking for a dozen more from the mail man.

I tried to buy several wood sided 40 foot coahes with no luck, the guy after make a very good offer stated they all needed couplers and trucks or something but the price was right. I think hr grew tire of my q&a and blew me off.

So I am still looking.

The UVA Med Center called this week and mention the possibilty of liver tumors. What next, Jesus!!!

The want a local ultrsound done but I dont have the 20% co payment now. I guess I will begin trying to convince the VA to do it.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Greetings, our weather is any thing but warming, global or otherwise.

I have been building modle kits, reefers and hoppers all week and am looking for a dozen more from the mail man.

I tried to buy several wood sided 40 foot coahes with no luck, the guy after make a very good offer stated they all needed couplers and trucks or something but the price was right. I think hr grew tire of my q&a and blew me off.

So I am still looking.

The UVA Med Center called this week and mention the possibilty of liver tumors. What next, Jesus!!!

The want a local ultrsound done but I dont have the 20% co payment now. I guess I will begin trying to convince the VA to do it.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good afternoon,

Cold and windy again today with snow flurries. Temp was 18 this morning, haven't looked since.

Spent the morning wiring a new coffee maker at the church. Supposed to start tomorrow at the TCA Musuem doing volunteer work two days a week. Hope I can handle it, haven't worked a full day in years. :) Told them I'd give it a try.

Got my latest ebay purchase via UPS. Two Tropicana reefers, a REA reefer & a CP stock car. All are scale size Lionel.

Gil, wish you well with your health problems.

Tom, Thanks for the museum info. Should really be nice when everything is up and running.

Chief, Where are you staying in Harrisburg.

Tony, You are moving right along with your project.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Morning all, bout +7:thumb: almost spring:thumb: :thumb: .sign1

Didn't find anything good at the hobby shop yesterday:cry: . Think I'll head to the cities or over to Duluth next week, only about 8 hrs round trip:curse: .

VA appt went ok, gotta bunch of test coming up.....guess they are thinking about doing something with my neck:rolleyes: . They give me lots of interesting durgs too:D .sign1

Have a great day everyone:wave: .

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Chief, you coming to Nashville? That store is almost asfun as the hobby shop.

Rick, thats the awnserto the VA give us drugs and keep us stoned and we willbe happy!!!
Ya right NOT!!!

This isnt funny anymore it is 8 deg out right now and they are calling for 2+ inches of ice and snow tonight.

Yall have fun,
Tony

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Tony I've been saying that for yearsannounce1 , VA only interviews patients after they have been given meds so they always look good cause the patient can only respond with "yea man" "cool man"!

Are they treating you ok??? Yea man!:rolleyes:

How is the Va hospital??? Cool man!:rolleyes:

sign1

Rick

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Evening all,

Cold and windy here all day today, outside as little as possible. Put in first day at TCA Museum entering catalog data in spread sheet. Just about have the USA Trains catalogs for past two years memorized. Never realized that they make such a wide variety of items in 1/29 scale. Most of their locos are available in 2 or 3 road names. Nice stuff.

No train activity here today.

Keep warm,

Status
Not open for further replies.