Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah - still here :D Been busy in mornings lately.... Been enjoying all these different breakfast food posts :D
  2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
    where the temp is 38 deg and will be falling with snow on the way. :rolleyes:

John - I have to agree - sweet treat and trains too :thumb:

Chief - tuff it up ! No wonder why you guys lost the war! :D

We have been on the road alot for work still, only get time to do the forum on the weekends :curse:

:thumb: :wave:
  3. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:

Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/27/2007
    Live Conditions 7:25 AM
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 46°F
    Humidity: 91%
    Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
    High: 48°F
    Low: 43°F
    Rain: 0.02"
    Rain Rate: 0.04"/h
    Gust: 5mph E

High: 57 °F
    Low: 38 °F

Now through 08:15 AM CST January 27, 2007

High: 60 Through 8 AM...showers will continue to move northeast at 35 mph across the area. Some of the stronger showers with moderate to heavy rainfall will move between Port Arthur and Kirbyville to Lake Charles and De Quincy to Ville Platte and Oakdale. Rainfall rates with these showers will be around one quarter of an inch per hour. Over the coastal waters....showers will move northeast at 30 knots between High Island and the lower Atchafalaya River out 60 nm. A few thunderstorms will also be noted 50 to 60 nm offshore between Sabine Pass and Cameron. These thunderstorms along with some of the showers just off the coast between High Island and Marsh Island to 20 nm offshore will produce moderate to locally heavy rainfall with visibilities below 2 miles.

Today High: 60 Rain showers. Highs around 60. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

This morning, I want an omelet with all the fixings.
  4. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, I'll have freach toast and bacon I think! Its about 3, supposed to get up to 10, going to be like that the next couple of days then warm back up to the 20s.....spring is right around the corner!!!!

The other half and I were talking and have decided that if that Thomas thing that everyone has been posting pictures of come back to Duluth or the twin cities this year we are going to give my son the money to take his boys. They both love trains!

Have a great day everyone!

5. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hmmm...That omelet looks like a day's worth of calories, carbs, and all the rest...Goood...!!!

Tuffin' it out in the mid 50's here...

Tom, love your oldies cars. Is that a Merc station wagon about to run over the cuties??? Where do you get all these cars...???

Have a good one.
  6. N Gauger

Now you're in trouble sign1 sign1 I found the Schedule for A Day Out With Thomas :)

Dont know whats close to you - but we have it in writing that it's "Your treat"!!! sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1
  7. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

You are close, it was made by Ford,

We also have several other Edisels

Some say that I have as much money in my 1/43 cars as I do in my 'O' :rolleyes: Gauge trains ! :D

The last one is made by Franklin Mint. I don't remember who made the wagon, but you can pick it up from DiecastDirect. And yes, these do cost a little more than $5.00 eacch :cry:

8. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

I think she liked the cake. :)

No train gifts for birthday but we got her a Rudolph Train for Christmas.
  9. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Tom, Nice Edsels, you posted them at the same time I was posting. I never knew Franklin mint made 1/43 cars.
  10. jeffrey-wimberl

I never knew the Edsel was made a station wagon. You learn something new every day.
  11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Good Morning All!
    Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes..Its fairly mild out this morning and the temp is 37 with calm winds.Once again NS living up to that old adage "Run 'em till they drop"..I been up since 7:30 and NS is averaging a train every 20 minutes.

I was in the process of adding screws to the Athearn coupler boxes on the cars I plan on using during our up coming open house and I realize I need to order some..The only reason I am doing this project is because the club rule 15.1 under freight car operating rule 15 states "All cars use during public shows must have the coupler box held on by a screw yadda,yadda etc".Silly rule anyway.

Tonight for supper I am going to have "mulligan stew" made with fresh frozen veggies with beef cubes with pan bread..

I shall have a cup and look over the forum.

Have a nice day all!
  12. N Gauger

Cute!!! Glad she liked the cake :) :) Hope you all had fun!! :D :D :D
  13. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Nice Edsils....:thumb:

Mikey thanks for the schedule:thumb: :thumb: ! They will be in Stillwater MN in early Aug! And yes its in writing that the ball and chain and I are paying:D .....we think that this year it will be just a mom and dad (both work so a little special time with the boys is good:thumb: ) affair and next year it will be papa's turn.

14. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

Rick here is the picture of the 2-8-8-2 I also included MTH K4 and Broadway limited 4-8-2 that is the start of my steam locomotives for the Cedar Creek RR. I told my wife that I need 12 more locomotives to fill the roundhouse she didn't agree.:cry: now all I have to do is get the basement done so my benchwoork can start.

Attached Files:

15. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Really great looking piece of equipment there!

16. cedarcreekrr

cedarcreekrr Member

I finally get to use my snow blower today, very unusual for Northeast Indiana to wait this long to get a nice snowfall.
  17. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Snow blower???? What is that?? ;) Few drops of rain here. going into the 50's today. Cooler tomorrow. Being lazy. Got to get moving. Wife wants to go to a movie. Have a good one.

Hey, need a top of the line printer [photos like professional too]. Go to Epson site and get into clearance section. Get a R340. Limited number left. $69 and free shipping. Recommended by buddy in the business. Got one and it arrived in three days. Set it up yeaterday. OUTSTANDING Prints from computer [regular printing and photos], CD or chip from digital camera.
  18. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Sunny and cool today.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/28/2007

Live Conditions 7:19 AM
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 36°F
    Humidity: 76%
    Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
    High: 51°F
    Low: 41°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 24mph NNE

High: 49 °F
    Low: 28 °F

Today High: 52 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 28 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Light and variable winds.

Eggs Benedict today please.

19. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Good Morning all, -11, bit nippy. Snow??? Snow Blower??? Whats that??? For Mn very poor snow year. Haven't had to plow/blow the drive yet.

Chief enjoy your movie.

20. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Tom, close, but no cigar...My ol' man had a '59 Merc station wagon & looked pretty much like that (rear end)...Had room enough to fit all 9 of us kids...!!! I'm going to take a look in that site, see what I come up with...

Low 50's here - may get up to 1/2 60's now the sun is coming out...

Have a good day all...!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.