Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pennman

pennman Member

OK someone awnser this for me. How come when I do a QUOTE it never comesout in that neet little box like its suppose to?
  2. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Been gone a WAY long time. Got back and then the PC blew its Power Supply and took the Hard Drive with it.
    Finally, getting back to normal.
    Sitting here with a fever, cough, and a sneeze that'll send a sailboat across a lake.
    I won't make ya'll jealous with the weather report here. I'll just say Miami is 40mi south and across the state.
    Good to see the Morning "How ya doing..." is back. Missed it.
  3. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I am back from two days in VA.

It was blistering cold there with ice on the roads in Richmond.

Here it is as bad.

Good chili eating weather. I think I will make some vinison chili this weekend now that I am off salk I make a lot of stuff I use to buy.
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Ken - Glad to have you back!!! Yeah - I'll leave the Fla weather alone :( Record cold here tonight - wind chills near 16 tomorrow :( Should be near 40 with wind chills near 37 :( :(
  5. N Gauger

Gil - Now you have me hungry for venison :) :) Enjoy!!! Glad you avoided any complications and made it back safe! :D
  6. N Gauger

Wow - over 2500 posts in this thread!! :D :D :D
  7. N Gauger

Do you click "Quote"??? It should copy the text with quote tages before and after - - then you type under it.
  8. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good evening guys,

I finally got a loop of catenary up. Check this thread for some pictures.

Was a very wintery day here, after lunch it clouded up and got very, very windy. Good train running and layout working day.

About to call it a day,
  9. pennman

pennman Member

Yeah Mike,I did that and it didnt post it in that neet little box?
    And I beat Yall to it, Made a big pot of Squirrell,and Vennisen chilli Wed night, its about ready to eat.
  10. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Off to Todd's Train Depot in a hurry. My switches are in. Want to get them and get them installed. Been waiting for a long time. Later
  11. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/20/2007
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 37°F
    Humidity: 60%
    Dew Point: 30°F

So Far Today
    High: 43°F
    Low: 42°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 11mph E

High: 48 °F
    Low: 38 °F
    Today High: 52 Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.
    Tonight Low: 45 Rain and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 40s. East winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the southwest after midnight.

I'll have the scrambled eggs today.
  12. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio
    where the big snow missed us. Isn't it great when the weather man is wrong and we are all happy! :D

This monring RFD channel has the UP 3985 Challenger on

and later today Barrett-Jackson Classit Car Auction is on Speed Ch
  13. N Gauger

missed us yesterday - - hoping it'll miss us tomorrow too :)

Cold and windy here - 31 deg - Winds gusting to 40mph Wind chill 16 :( :(
  14. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Spanky Bird, can I get my old Caddy washed there?

It is to cold here.

How is the new job working out for you?
  15. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, dogs have been out and fed, coffee is done and the puter warmed up.

it 19, with some winds out of the south! Should make it a little warmer!

Have a great day!

16. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Gil - is there room for two old Caddies in a small town?

New Job keeps us very bussy. We are out of town alot, between Detriot and Grand Rapits.

17. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hey Spanky,
    A friend of my ol' man had a Caddy just like the pink one there, 'cept it was a hard top. And is that a Toronado that blonde cutie (with the very short shorts) is oggling? Kinda dates me...Love your scenes.:thumb:

Also, is that 3985 articulated on both engines?? Sure look like mighty tight curves for that monster. Someone posted some links here last week to videos of a UP Challenger...!!! What a monster. I'll try to paste the link.

Check it out--Awesome engine - turn up the sound when you view them...

Y'all have a good day.
  18. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

What ever the young engineer was driving in October Sky, a Vet I think I need for my layout.
  19. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Afternoon all,

Spanky, Like your scenes, you have a real talent for arranging photos.

Chief, Glad to hear the switches came in. Now you can finish your trackwork, if we ever really finish a layout.

Gus, I watched the first two videos, real nice. Will check out the other later.

I spent the morning at the TCA Museum. Went to a volunteer meeting. They are looking for more help so I am going to sign up for a couple of days a month. Chose several items and will let them assign me where needed. Getting there is not bad this time of year, 31 miles took me 37 minutes, in the summer, when the tourist swarm in, it can take up to 1-1/2 hours depending on traffic. If you take the back roads to avoid the traffic, you can get stuck behind a horse and buggy, with just enough oncoming traffic to make passing difficult.
  20. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Steamhead - Not only do we run the UP we also have the C-O Alleghany running on our pike. And it's all O27 track

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.