Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Spanky, great looking bikes!:thumb:

Chief, thats way too many trains for one man!sign1

Was pretty darn cold changing that alternator yesterday, got it fixed and didn't have to go anyplace:cry: .....now it's +9 and I fixed the darn thing yesterday :curse: .

I did get a couple of cars built yesterday afternoon in spite of the shivering, a covered hopper and an ore car, last of Roundhouse kits from the train show that I attended in Dec. Now I'm going to have to go and buy more!:thumb:

Have a great day!

Rick

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Afternoon all,

Chief, Pictures look very nice. Did you get the straights you need yet?

Well the Seahawks and Bears just went into overtime.

Went to Greenberg show yesterday and took a few layout pictures of N scale modular layouts. Real nice bunch of guys operating them.

47b7df35b3127cce80977d67793c00000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7df35b3127cce80977d41791a00000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7df35b3127cce80977173792e00000027110QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7df35b3127cce8097778a79d400000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7df35b3127cce80977799f8f700000027130QYtmrhwzYsU

They had three large modular N gauge layouts there.

dirt man

Jan 14, 2007
Good dcc system

Brian Look into NCE noth coast enginering. Igot my power cab 4 days ago. had it running on existing dc layout in less than an hour. Manual explains operation in plain language. I'm real happy with it so far. Dirt Man:thumb:

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Good morning all. It's about -4, supposed to get to a very warm +2, later this week we are going to have sun tanning weater!!! Should be in the +20s!

Working on the house again today.

Rick

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Chief the layout is looking good.

Good Morning Everyone. Been busy this morning printing out a Test Preparation Manual fo the FDNY ( Fire Department of New York ). Got alot of studying to do as it is 105 pages. Been thinking about this for some time and finally got around to doing this as I am hoping to go to fire school up there and get a job. Well off I go to start to look this manual over.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Day Everyone.:wave:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
It's a cool one here today. That barbed wire fence between here and the north pole done fell down.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/15/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 42°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 43°F
Rain: 0.39"
Rain Rate: 0.04"/h
Gust: 29mph NNE

High: 43 °F
Low: 32 °F
Important Message

Winter weather advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 12 PM cst Tuesday.
Now through 12:00 PM CST January 15, 2007

Through 11 AM...scattered to numerous patches of rain or showers will occur over central and southwest Louisiana. Precipitation will diminish from the west over southeast Texas while continuing over much of Jasper...Newton and Orange counties. Widely scattered patches of rain or showers will occur over south-central Louisiana in the Lafayette...Abbeville...New Iberia and Saint Martinville areas. Rain amounts will be mostly light but to a tenth of an inch per hour in some places.

Rest Of Today Low: 38 High: 38 Periods of rain. Much colder. Temperatures falling into the upper 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 32 Rain in the evening...then rain and light freezing rain likely after midnight. Colder. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

I'll be having the scrambled eggs today.

scambledeggs.jpg

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Chief, thats looking real nice. Cant wait to get mine going.

Matt, good luck on the test, its a tough one.

Eventful weekend here, got the extra window in and gota good portion of the drywall up. Now just have to work on taping and plumbing.

The countdown to trains continues!!
Yall have fun,
Tony

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Cold day here in Brownsville........BRRRRR. Started out at 70 at 6:00 AM and by 12:00 it was 45...!!! Going to get colder...!!! Probably freezing rain tonight....:cry:

Guess winter was going to get here someday...

I'll have the pancakes tomorrow, please...

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Morning all. Got 2 kitchen cupboards built yesterday, going to do more today.:thumb:

-11 this morning, supposed to get +9 and be in the 20s tomorrow!!!!!:D

Hope to get another cupboard done today, start painting them and get the stove hood put in.:rolleyes:

Somehow steak and eggs over easy with patatos sounds real good.:thumb:

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning fellow modelers. It's wet, cold and windy here this AM. Looks like I'll be inside most of the day. The only thing I'll have to go out for is to take the car to the shop.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/16/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 23°F
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 27°F

So Far Today
High: 33°F
Low: 32°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 22mph N

High: 35 °F
Low: 31 °F

Important Message!

Winter weather advisory in effect until noon cst today.
Now through 09:00 AM CST January 16, 2007

Through 9 AM...areas of light to moderate rain will continue moving northeast at 30 mph across the coastal waters from Intracoastal City to 20 miles south of High Island out 60 miles. Inland...patchy light sprinkles will continue to affect the immediate coastal areas of south central Louisiana.

Today High: 35 Cloudy. Chance of rain or drizzle or light freezing rain or light freezing drizzle in the morning...then a chance of rain and slight chance of light sleet in the afternoon. Colder. Highs in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 30 Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain or light freezing rain or light sleet. Lows around 30. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

I'll have the french toast today.

french-toast.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Everything with physical yesterday came out fine [including her finger, have female Dr.]. :rolleyes: Cloudy and rainy but still warm. Supoose to cool down a lot by night fall. Want to go to Todd's Train Depot and pickup more straight track to make my loops go to the back of the room. Couldn't go yesterdy as she is closed on Sunday and Monday. Buddy was catching 2 lb crappie in my pond. Later

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
oldtanker said:
Chief, how does one go about becoming one of your buddies that can fish in your pondsign1

Rick

Good question Rick ! BTW your weather sounds more like Alaska, is that normal weather for you in January?

Just got home from services for brother in law, Sister doing pretty good. They were married 57 years so it is very hard on her.

Tomorrow I will be going to LHS to pick up an MTH Railking PRR A-B-A set that I had preordered. It has been running on the shop layout for a couple of days so it should be good to go. My LHS owner and I have an understanding that he is free to unpack and test run items that I order to make sure they are A-OK before I bring them home. Sometimes he sells others while he is testing mine. A win-win situation. Also picking up some more MTH catenary sets.
Chief, Glad everything came out OK. :D Pun intended. sign1 BTW, still waiting on the O72 switches on that slow boat from china? I have some of the same Realtrax problems on O54 sections that you had, the tops of the rails have an offset due to the space under the rail not being deep enough. Just some of them & only one side???

I think our warm weather is over, cold and windy today & predicted to get down to 19 tomorrow night.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
The temp here dropped like a rock, freeizng rain was the order of the day.

Today was erron day, made an apointmnet at the VA clinic, went to the DMV and then had some lab work. Magaged to squeeze in a Slim Jim at Shoney;s which is way off my diet.

I will be in Charlottesvill VA the rest of the week. I am meeting a fellow that I sold an engine to there.

BMRR

Nov 10, 2006
Alabama
oldtanker said:
-11 this morning, supposed to get +9 and be in the 20s tomorrow!!!!!:D

And I thought it was cold here in Alabama. :)

John, sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Chief, glad to hear the physical went OK.

Stan.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
This -11 stuff is warm for us:thumb: , we expect to see several weeks of -20 (overnite lows of -30 are common) and colder this time of year here in MN:cry: . Coldest we have been so far is about -16, very warm January:D .

Rick

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
John, glad to hear everything went well stick out prayers aer with you.

Rick, last time I saw -30 -pus I was on the Koren DMZ and its was way to cold for me. But then again any thing colder that 10 is to cold for me.

Itbeen in the low 20'shere since Monday and needs to warm up fast, I do beieve the noth has left the door open again.

Yall have fun and keep warm,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.