Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Eight months ago I ordered a new drive wheel assembly for my Genesis Light Pacific. It finally came in today. I hope to have some time this weekend to install it and finally get the loco running.
  2. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

The weather has been nice here, clear and above 50*.
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Tomorrow....January 6 - in the middle of winter on the east coast, it is supposed to be 68 degrees :D :D :D

Now the weather-babe is saying that possibly this will be the warmest winter in years

'Posed to be rainy and 65 today -- Normal temp in Phila should be 40

4. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

This morning I'll be having the bacon and eggs.

And now for a look at the weather.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/5/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 52°F
    Humidity: 87%
    Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today

High: 55°F
    Low: 52°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 22mph NNE

High: 69 °F
    Low: 50 °F

Now through 08:15 AM CST January 05, 2007

High: 72

Through 8 AM...patchy fog is expected to continue to develop across the area. Visibilities at times will be less than 1/2 of a mile. The fog is expected to gradually lift after sunrise.

Today High: 72 Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the evening...then areas of dense fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
  5. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, going to get a few more things done in the house this morning, then maybe work on my trains this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

6. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning,

The breakfasts sure look good to a guy on a low fat diet. :cry:

Just finished a breakfast of soy bacon and cerial.

Weather here to get to 62 and raining. Yesterday was beautiful, spent some time outdoors doing some late lawn and garden cleanup. Even the goldfish in the pond are active.

Leaving to babysit two granddaughters shortly, wife and daughter taking the oldest of the three out to celebrate her birthday. She likes to get away with adults once in a while. She is 7 going on 21. :)

Maybe later will get back to working on the catenary. Sent an email to LHS last evening and ordered more as when I got the first batch the layout was smaller.

Enjoy your trains,
  7. pennman

pennman Member

8. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Home again. Went to the Hamlet NC restord Seaboard Depot and Museum. Really great. Just been opened a short while. Alos CSX has a big yard in Hamlet and the big crossing for north/south and east/west for the CSX. Can you believe it is in the 70s in Jan.????!!! Later
  9. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Test post.....................................................

Today is bank day. Hi in the upper 60* s and we should get a major rain storm if you can believe the weather guy.
  10. jeffrey-wimberl

Made a good haul today.

I just got back from the LHS in Alexandria (not so local). I made out like a fat rat! I got 2 Athearn RS3's for $30 and 2 Athearn F7A's for $40. That's like half price on all of them.
  11. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

12. hilldrum

hilldrum Member

Goodnight Everyone,

I'll Introduce myself tomorrow.

--Hill Davis
  13. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hey John,

Somehow I missed that gorgeous streamliner at the top of the previous page. Is that a Pacific hiding under the shiny chrome...??? Super trains...!!! Let's see more...!!!:thumb:
  14. jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
    Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/6/2007
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 58°F
    Humidity: 93%
    Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
    High: 59°F
    Low: 57°F
    Rain: 0.01"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 8mph N

High: 63 °F
    Low: 52 °F
    Important Message: Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 AM cst this morning.
    Today High: 65 Mostly cloudy. Areas of dense fog in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.
    Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.
  15. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, the new kitchen has water!!!! Taught my oldest grandson (8) how to run a train last night:thumb: . His 4 year old brother gets to learn today:) . Our last Christmas for this year is today too!

Have a great day all!

16. kokoracer

kokoracer Member

Hi Guys
    Finished the main line of "The Ware River Line" in Bachmann roadbed track. The sidings are still in LL but that is okay. Expanded the Boston/Maine and Providence/Cape Cod outlets. Each will now hold a six car cut. Blew out the second main line as it was useless for traffic. Used it to finish a rough laid track for "The Ames Ridge". Have not decided if it will get it's own yard, but that is for the future anyway. I now have eight traffic points plus a yard. That should be enough for 1 man on powerpacked control dc.

Best news of all, I got my XP computer back after10 days on an Me. Big difference! John
  17. N Gauger

Going up to 71 today - - 60 tomorrow :) :)

Have a nice day everyone!!
  18. N Gauger

Great news!! Making new model railroaders is always a fun thing :) :) :)
  19. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Going into the 70's!!!!! Off to Todd's Train Depot. Tanker, you are moving right along with that project. Carpeted to floor in the walk-in attic yesterday [thought that carpet would be better than flooring for trains that might drop] and did some of the benchwork in there to match the holes in the walls. Hope to get more done before I go to NH Monday. Might have trains running complete circles soon. Have a good one.
  20. pennman

pennman Member

Hey Chief, Have a real good friend who lives in hammlett, I use to go there before they restored the station its a nice place to sit and watch trains go bye, From what I hear they moved the station out of the Wye and took down the cannopy that ran along the old tracks? Want to get back there some day.
    I have spent most of this week building a table for Thomas and friends, I do believe that my soninlaw (which has now been bitten by the train bug), son , grandson and daughter and myself are having more fun with the thomas set than anything else this Christmas has brought.
    Welloff to the addition for me working to get it done now that the holidays are past.
    Yall have fun now,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.