Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Finn

Spamkybird, I like your pics so much pal...and the shelves are perfect, I plan to have them like that soon.

I had and still have the remains of a lot of pre war tin, Lionel, Bing, AF, Marx and AF & Lionel standard gauge, all rescued from scarp boxes at shows mostly as has been said.

I also have tin building and a lot of post war Marx, Lionel and Flyer accessories and buildings.

I have two Bachman G sets and a lot of brass track, hundreds of sections of o 31 now lost to rust and mud a long with a dozen switches.

One 1950 Marx & Lionel combined layout I rehabbed and the list of cars and engines from every modern and fallen flag manufacture I can think of except Williams and Third rail.

Most of that is a junk pile of rusty muddy heart break but a lot isnt or at least beyond repair I hope.

It looks like at this point I would be driving much for the next 3 or 4 months so I will have plenty of time to work on it.

Some of my favorite items are 3 papermache tunnels all matching in 3 gauges from Flyer.

Others are a Marx Freight Station that was kit bashed so the trains will ride thru the middle and 3 super nice scratch built pieces an engineer form one of the chemical plants here made in the fifty's.

I have a pic og a fuel house.

The others are massive in size and are operational.

fuelshed1.jpg

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio

where the temp is 52 deg and heading to 69 with cloudy skies.

Chuck -
That is a circus car made by K-line from several years ago ;)

47b4d704b3127cce9a926d68902f00000016108IZMmrFwxbA

47b4d704b3127cce9a926d5e901900000016108IZMmrFwxbA

Gil - thanks, I will have to do a thread on how I made them. Each shelf can hold two rows of cars.

John - how was the Chat Room ?

T G I F

:wave:

Chief Eagles

Morning gang. Looks like the YANKS mumbled all evening on here. :eek: Great pictures as always guys. Off to County Taskforce meeting. Back this afternoon. Got to drop off shelving to Frankie and pickup my boxes of train "stuff" I got from the guy who is selling out. Have a great day and God bless all.

Good Morning from the Hill ( Blueberry, that is )

Spankybird... I really like that car. Great photo.

Chief is on the road again.

The chat room works good, once you get the hang of it.

Well, busy today. Catch ya later.

Chuck

Gil Finn

What a nice afternoon, the sun is out and I wish I wish I was also. I may go out and put some air in my tires, they are low in the front.

If I can find my craft paint I will do some work on buildings and pehaps work on my log loader also.

r

Good afternoon all!

Absolutely beautiful day here. 80 and sunny with a cool breeze. This is the best time of the year in Nawth Taxus.

My funeral trip to Houston went well. Had a strange drive on I-45 - absolutely no traffic.

Nice photos folks. Sorry I missed the chat. Since I was out for a day and a half I fell behind in things - particularly the forums.

Time to register the boys for B-Ball winter leagues. Almost got kicked out from the YMCA program I have coached in for many years as they set the cut off just before our grade level. Started to contact other sports associations to see if I could move the team. Good news is the athletic director called me last night to let me know we could still register. Next year everything changes. Youngest goes to Junior High and the sports programs there may override the Y leagues, which is why the Y stops after 6th grade.

Have a great afternoon all. Hope those in the NE with all the flooding are getting some relief.

Roy

Gil Finn

Something to do this weekend.

Slowly doing some busy work on the up coming layout.

Today I got two buidings and with parts from my first in this series, I am kit bashing an other general store.

This one will be the lumber company store. I will plcae on at each end of the shelf layou.

I am looking for stuff to put in the windows as items of merchandise as I want full interiors with lights.

I have some goose neck street lamps that I will use on the tops of the fronts to iluminate the sings.
I think I will paint one white and one grey and not distress them to much as I want them to look less that 20 years old.

That should keep me busy for part of the weekend.

For a coal tipple I may get a kit although the cost may exceed what I can afford so I could scratch build one or kit bash some coaling towers.

How does that sound, the coaling towers thing? Anyone here ever done that?

Maybe I can find a used Backman on ebay to work with.

csxt30

:wave: Good Afternoon Everyone !:wave: Good to see Roy here, & glad your wether is nice ! :) Nice here today too. Tom, the chat forum was going great with Chuck & Gill, till the phone rang here, then it was awfull ! Plus Gill had to go to watch a show on tv, Chuck was in the dark, I was trying to keep posting, but it was impossible ! This guy calls about twice a year ! I never get phone calls that late at night, & I already apologized to Chuck !! You know, I still can't figure out that Private Message thing on there. Guess you just don't use that !:D Anyway, it looks like it will get better down the road. Boy, that purple circus car really looks good of Toms', as does the rest of the train !:) Later, John

Chief Eagles

Afternoon. Seems the switcher runs great in remote. Everything I picked up seems fine. May sell the switcher as CSX or convert it to NS [if I keep it]. John, Toots [I mean Chuck] is always in the dark. :p Well, just finished browning the ground beef as wife came in and she is making spaghetti tonight. :thumb: Gene Autry show on Westerns Channel is railroad related. Later

Gil Finn

I have two going here. The light was not right, a shadow fell on one and they both look blusish grey.

The most complet kit is white with a bit of weathering, the on the left is all weathered wood.

So far they are looking as I expected.

I will ask again about coaliong towers and tipples.

bld1.jpg

csxt30

Here is mine, but wait till you see what it is really supposed to look like, if I can get it on here ! This needs a ton of work yet. John
47b5d627b3127cce933032bfb35500000016108QauGTFsxcS

csxt30

I sort of copied this, or sort of trying to, anyway ! I want to make the railing & other parts out of brass, down the road. I still need to get windows & all. This is on Norms' webbsite, you should see the other structures. I will try to post the link, thanks, John
47b5ce35b3127cce94903dda9c4f00000016108QauGTFsxcS

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Here are a couple of pic of the circus transport cars

This one is an MTH
47b5ce35b3127cce98548c7a9c8700000017108IZMmrFwxbA

This is the K-line
47b5ce35b3127cce98548c7b1db600000017108IZMmrFwxbA

and here is one of the MTH Circus Engine

47b5ce35b3127cce98548c789c8500000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Gil Finn

That is an impressive coaler.

I think my tipple will be quite differnt.

I painted one of the store fronts red then deleted my camera soft ware and now I cant find the disk to reinstall it.

That is the way it goes.

Speaking of red, those cars are pretty colorful.

Status
Not open for further replies.