Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
newyearw2.gif

From NE Ohio

Jeff - what a great looking Breakfast ! ! :thumb:

Chief - layout looks better every day ! :D Can you run trains on it yet ?

Ending the old year and starting the new one with a full head of steam
47b5d936b3127cce98548eaad49d00000007108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

steamhead

Ahhhh...Those three-railers...If I had a mill $$$$, I'd get me one of those...

May all be good with you guys this New Year!!!

pennman

Hey guys,
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! May this year bring good things to all and many new trains to your layout!!
Yallhave fun, I'm going to deal with this hangover,
Tony

oldtanker

Happy new year everyone! We had a great time on our Fargo trip and enjoyed partying with the band our son and his soon to be works for!

Did make the hobby store up there, didn't buy much, some detail stuff, a coupler hight gauge, some more couplers, and the spacers.

Rick

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Morning Everyone. Well it is a cold 26 degrees here. A big change from the weather we had last week. Well today I am going to try and work on some of my trains, and finish up my coaling tower mini scene.

:wave:Have A Safe & Wonderful Day Everyone.:wave:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Today I'll have the bacon and eggs.
bacon.jpg

And a wee spot 'o' orange juice.
oj.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 1/2/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 30°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 31°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

High: 53 °F
Low: 32 °F
Today High: 55 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.
Tonight Low: 35 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

kokoracer

Good morning all. Started designing "The Ames Ridge" for operation. I will be doing simulated movements between the two layouts until I can design and build a liftout.
Not going to go crazy on that one until the track is swapped over, but the idea is to be able to keep running trains until I get the basics in hand. John

Chief Eagles

Did some wiring yesterday on layout. Busy day today as got several errands down east to run and then Town Board tonight. Not much in trains is going to happen. Have a great day.

pennman

Morning form TN,
Its a great day outside and I feel a hole lot better now that I got somesleep and got ride of that hang over. Brought the new year in with a bang.Never again!!LOL
Well its back to work today.
Yall have fun,
Tony

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Chessie6459 said:
Good Morning Everyone. Well it is a cold 26 degrees here. A big change from the weather we had last week. Well today I am going to try and work on some of my trains, and finish up my coaling tower mini scene.

:wave:Have A Safe & Wonderful Day Everyone.:wave:
Still in the 50's here :) :) Only a 4.5 hour drive away :D

We're gonna pay for this - -I'm sure :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chief Eagles

Morning. Going into the 60's today and tomorrow. Going down to the southern part of NC to visit retired pilot buddy. Do some shooting. Got my "sniper" scope to mount on my .17. Calibrated out to 300 yards. Back tomorrow PM. All have a a great day.

oldtanker

Jealous!

Morning all, seems you guys get all the fun, I'm stuck with renovating the house right now:cry: and doing things like trying to figure out how to build kitchen cabinets:curse:
Picture034.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Can't even get em done and she is starting to put stuff "away" already:rolleyes:

Anyway, off to Fargo this morning again, then back to work in the kitchen, maybe can get the pipes run today. Supposed to be near 40! I can live with this kinda global warming!

Rick

jeffrey-wimberl

I'll have the pancakes this morning.
pancakes.jpg

Now for the weather.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 1/3/2007

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today

High: 41°F
Low: 36°F
Gust: 5mph NNE

High: 55 °F
Low: 36 °F

Today High: 55 Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 48 Showers and thunderstorms. Not as cool. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall. Lows in the upper 40s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

cedarcreekrr

I went to hobbyland today. The store pretty much wiped out of train stuff, I did buy some train figures. Prices are about the same as going online so I'll make some more trips when they restock.

jefelectric

Good evening,

Ran some trains for an HO buddy today. He liked the sounds and smoke. Had four steamers going at once, cough - cough. :)

Here are some pics of the latest addition.

47b7df22b3127cce8037f94bbb5500000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7df22b3127cce8037f93fbb2100000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Today I'll be having the cheese and mushroom omelet.
cheese-mushroom-omelette.jpg

And a spot 'o' orange juice.
oj.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, La 71446-6114 1/4/2007

Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 55°F
Low: 54°F
Gust: 12mph ESE

High: 58 °F
Low: 49 °F
Important Message

Flash flood watch in effect through this afternoon.
Now through 05:00 AM CST January 04, 2007

Through 5 AM...showers with a few possible thunderstorms will move northeast at 45 mph across portions of southeast Texas...as well as southwest and central Louisiana. Some of the heavier rain showers will extend from Woodville and Jasper to Orange and Deweyville to between Cameron and Lake Charles. Rainfall rates with these showers will be between one quarter to one half inch per hour. Over the coastal waters...showers with a few possible thunderstorms will move northeast at 40 knots across areas between Marsh Island and High Island out 60 nm. Some of this activity will produce heavy rainfall reducing visibilities below 2 miles.
Today High: 62 Showers and thunderstorms...some thunderstorms will produce locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds at times. Highs in the lower 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds around 10 mph.

oldtanker

Morning all, didn't get to the hobby shop yesterday:cry: , spent my money at Home Depot for stuff for the house:cry: :cry: :cry: . On the bright side the new kitchen will have water sometime today:thumb: .

Getting ready for my daughter, son in law and 2 of my grandkids being here this weekend, the last of Christmas for us this year:D ! The grand kids don't know about the train, I can't wait to show them! One is 8 and the other is 4, both boys. They don't know it yet but their dad and other grandpa are going to get a Bachmann DCC starter set for next Christmas! Other Grandpa has enough room for it and loves trains, daddy loves trains but they have never done anything like that. Other grandpa wants to get the boys a set but says that mom and dad don't have enough room....he only lives a mile away....

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.