Come back

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by angevine, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's great, Angevine. I'm very glad to hear that.
    Things will only get progressively better from here.

I too wish the transition had gone as planned but we had an uncooperative host who was not willing to wait.
    At least they cared enough to zip the entire forum, when they pulled the plug, so we did not lose our posts permanently.

2. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

I agree with GB. The only reason I am staying around is I know it will get better. If it does not then I will be gone. I for one did not like the "Let's kwitcherbitchin about the new site" comment. I felt is was uncalled for. But I will get over it.
  3. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Thanks Jim!
    The only complaint I had was that when I hit "new posts" I got all that model RR stuff when all I wanted was the cardmodel stuff. The user CP fixed that problem and now I am happy as a clam. It would have taken me a long time (if ever) to find that on my own. :thumb:
  4. scon10

scon10 Member

Hi folks,
    Maybe this change is for the best, but for the moment I have not been able to find the button "Start new thread" or "Start new post" or similar. Can some one please direct me how to post a new thread? I would like to show you some progress on passenger ship diorama's.
  5. Nicolelew

Nicolelew Member

6. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Excuse me? Thats not appropiate conduct on this forum. Reported.

EDIT= Wow, that was quick. :p
  7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

To start a new thread go to the main Forum page for Card Models where all of the forums are displayed.
    Click on the title of the Forum you want to start a new thread in.
    It will open and you will see the threads displayed.
    On the right hand side of the screen you will see Forum Tools.
    Click on that and a drop down menu will appear.
    Click on the Post a New Thread to open the new thread window.
  8. scon10

scon10 Member

Thanks, I found it. It took me however 10 minutes to retrieve this specific thread again. The set-up of this new forum needs some experience build-up...
  9. kneedeep

kneedeep New Member

i think Peter is amazing.

Here is this ocean-liner, cruising through the water, when all of a sudden, blam, hit by an iceburg.

the ship went down, but all passengers survived!

pretty incredible if you ask me. sure, the new ship will take some time getting used to, and i am positive that Peter knows about all the issues you guys brought up.

just be happy you survived.

mega kudos to Peter!
  10. 46rob

46rob Member

The important thing is that the forum still exists.
  11. dhanners

dhanners Member

I haven't waded through all the posts -- there seems to be lots and lots of them -- but is the old cardmodel website's gallery somewhere on this new board and I've just missed it?

While I am thankful that there is at least a place we cardmodelers can go online, I did rather like the old site and this new one will still take some getting used to.
  12. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

I haven't been able to pull the gallery over yet, I'm working on getting the posts back right now.
  13. badgerys

badgerys Member

Hi Angevine!
    I do understand how You feel.Change is always something we dont take to very well.
    But please think about what it would be like if ,after they pulled the plug the forum would have died.
    My thanks goes to everybody who's effort made it possible to still have a forum.The fact that there are other groups as part of it should really be an enrichment rather than a negative.
    I for one love my cardmodels but also have a layout in gauge 1 and 0 and enjoy my trains immensly.My last cardmodel was the Koef II which is available from the german along with other great models.
    Just approach this forum with an open mind.
    Like Yourself I have problems to find my way through and miss the old forum,but on the other hand we still have a forum.Eventually we all will get used to the new forum ,after all the same good old faces are still here and eventually the teethingproblems will be over.
    just my two bobs worth,
    Kind regards from the land of OZ
  14. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

Dieter, I really appreciate your attitude. I see a lot of connecting going on already between the Card Modelers and the Model Railroaders. It's really great to see people recognizing the strengths that what I'm building offers. I do hope that most members will look also at the many aspects of improvements and forgive me for the discomforts.
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Maybe this kind of movement can stop us from dispising those p*****c modellers one day ^_^
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Peter ... I noticed my post didn't go through a while back so just to cover my yet to be banned @ss ... =B

Thanks for saving my favorite forum and site that I click on first daily.

trying to learn Korean and Polish is impossible =X
  17. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I found many constructions reports up and running!!!

One thing, though, the pictures now appear as a link, not the picture itself is displayed. But I recommend the use of a little gadget for your browser called "COOLIRIS". Instead of clicking the link that opens in a new window (or in the same window), then close the window (or click on BACK to go back to the thread), use cooliris to PREVIEW the link, without going anywhere else, just a temporary pop-up showing - in this case - the picture, and that's it, you can continue reading the thread without loosing yourself in the goings and backings of internet browsers.

Cooliris is free for FireFox, IE, Netscape or Flock here:
    Cooliris - Browse Faster & Discover More

NOTE: Cooliris is not paying me for this recommendation, I recommend it because I found it very useful, and now with the new Cardmodels.Net forum, I think it's more useful.
  18. rickstef

rickstef Guest

might have to try this on IE in the office, I have 7 on this laptop, and in the office i still have 6

good catch Jerry

19. badgerys

badgerys Member

G'Day once again Angevine!
    You complain about speed despite being on broadband.I am still on dial up and have no complains whatsoever.
    Could it be that Your ISP is to blame?
    As far as I am concerned Peters effort and of course his crew is just about the best anybody can ask for.
    Many thanks Peter and the lads
    Dieter from Down Under

20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The speed is MUCH better than it was even a couple days ago. The search engine spiders were hitting us hard....