Colt SAA peacemaker

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Nothing, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

at long last i have begun test building!
  2. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Nothing it looks great so far. For the chrome why not just make a version thats just the lines and print onto the silver chrome paper that available. How many versions are you going to release when you are finished?
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thats a thought. i cant use the chrome paper because of the ink i use. there is going to be 2 kits for sure one black and one chrome. each will have four barrel options. so thats eight variations off the bat. im gonna do a grip pack with a bunch of different grips.that will be free to whomever buys the gun.
  4. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

looking great! mind you, I can't even see the newest posts untill I hit the reply button and scroll down.wall1wall1wall1 At present the problems suck the big one.

tell me, is there any external difference between the 'buntline' and standard pistol except for barrel length? the top strap perhaps?
  5. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

problems with the forum, that is, not the peacemaker (which is stunning, as usual,). of course i would have edited my previous post to reflect that, but I'm unable to even view it.:cry:

wait. NOW I can.....:confused:
  6. clif52

clif52 Banned

Two Kits sounds great. I think I'm going to try the chrome paper for this project just to see how it will turn out. Two chrome Peacemakers with Ivory handles should be pretty close to the Lone Ranger-Clayton Moore. One of my favorites from when I was a kid.

I think with the two kits, multiple barrels, and the grip set I can make most of the old cowboy stars weapons. Now I just need time and cardstock. Oh Yeah! enough wall or shelve space to hold them.
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

seems this forum has problems on a continual basis!

mousemuffins, from what ive seen there are a wide varience in the buntline. ive seen examples with differnt sights, different top strap,and examples that are exactly the same as the short barrelled ones. which is where ill leave mine at.
  8. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Yep, I just want to build mine standard, but not being an expert, I wouldn't know the difference. I think the buntline has a heavier top strap with a groove along it's length from the poking about on the net I've done. Mind you I believe the Clint Eastwood rattlesnake gun was an italian copy of a colt, but I'm not going to worry myself about that. Basically, if it's from the 50s-60 westerns and has a brass trigger guard/frame, then it ain't a colt.
  9. THE DC

THE DC Member

Creativity in the West...

Keep in mind that owners also did heavy modification to the real thing! They files the sites for quicker draw, cut off the trigger guards for similar reasons, and perfomred all sorts of modifications to personalize or "enhance" the function of their weapon.

Maybe after you release yours, you should challenge us to make historically supported modifications to our built versions, photo the modified colts, and share why they were altered they way we researched [at the time of the original alteration] and by whom? That would be interesting!

The DC
  10. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

a little OT here, but are you going to release the M1928 tommy gun for st valentines day? that would be just so wrong and just so perfect all at the same time. :)
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

lol! gotta be honest the '28 thompson is giving me an uneasy feeling (dont know why yet)so test building has been a struggle to start.

got the bullets done...
    COLT1 001.jpg

COLT1 002.jpg

COLT1 003.jpg
  12. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Looking great!! this is going to look great next to the '51.

Re: the 1928. Have you tried this site?

in particular the drawings section.
  13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

hmmmmm might have to revisit the 28!!
  14. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Yep. Can't go to far wrong when you have the original engineering drawings right in front of you...
  15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

case ejecter built...
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ok the frame needs a bit of patience(my low build skills dont help either) but the results are pretty good.
    COLT111 001.jpg

COLT111 002.jpg

COLT111 003.jpg
  17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i must say with all the complex curves on this, im very pleased with how it came out. this is a straight build with no extras. i gotta do up th instructions ,package it and get back on the chrome one.
    COLT1111 001.jpg

COLT1111 002.jpg

COLT1111 003.jpg

COLT1111 004.jpg
  18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

A set of crossed pistols on a plaque would hang very nicely on the wall.
  19. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Wow. Be Quick! my '51 colt is lonley.
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the black one has been submitted. it will be i bit longer for the chrome one.