colt 1851 navy

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Nothing, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

well im sorry to say that at this time there are just too many parts for my current knowledge to make work as a kit. so i have revised the design to not break down. the cylinder will still rotate and the hammer cockes.:cry:
    185111111111 001.jpg

185111111111 002.jpg

i hope scince i couldnt deliver all the bells and whistles that it might still engender some interest.
  2. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

wow !!!!!!!!! excellent model trent i want one (or two maybe )!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It doesn't matter if it can be disassembled or not. Take a look at the other offerings on the net that are free or not and compare them to what you have started. I would have to say that this is the best full scale paper firearm available at this time.

Finish it. Even if you have to make changes or cannot release it.

I'd love to see it built.
  4. clif52

clif52 Banned

I agree with StevO 100% this is the best looking firearm paper model I've seen. If I didn't know it was paper I'd never have guessed. I'd love to have this one for my collection just to display as a static model to be seen but not touched. It deserves to be seen. I'd say the average person from a distance of 5ft. would never know that its not a real weapon.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thank you stevo and clif. i think i have found a comprimise. basic kit is to be built mostly static, but with the use of some plastic rod parts can be made to move.
    185111111111111 001.jpg

185111111111111 002.jpg
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

and a little preview
  7. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

excellent trent !!!!:thumb::thumb: in the instructions can you add where and how to add the plastic rods to make it break down !! how long b4 ita up on ecard for sale mate ?? (i want it now !!!)sign1
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

it wont be able to break down. but the load lever and hammer will work. and of course i will note what needs to be done. i still have to finish building the case and the instructions for everything. so maybe a week or 2.
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

a loaded chamber
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

"Reach For The Sky! Ya Varmint!"
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

finally finished the case. now just the instructions left
    case 001.jpg
    case 002.jpg
    and with the gun
    case 003.jpg
  12. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Absolutely incredible, nothing. I'm in awe of you guys that can do this stuff.
  13. zakarpatska

zakarpatska New Member

Hi Nothing, Thanks so much for this - I am really looking forward to building this one. I've purchased both the revolver and box at I can't wait to see what you're going to do next - a broom handled Mauser maybe? ;-)
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thank you:)

and thank you for the purchase! i hope you have fun building it! its funny you should mention it, i was actually thinking of the broom handeled mauser, and maybe a free DL44 blaster as an incentive to purchase the mauser?;) i was also thinking of the C93 which i beleive is credited with being the first automatic pistol. i might be wrong on that but certaintly is an interesting pistol.
    im working on a deringer right now and started a HK MP7.
  15. insane13

insane13 Muzzleloader

Nothing you work is beautiful!
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thank you!:thumb::mrgreen:
  17. doctormax

doctormax Member

Fantastic just fantastic work.
  18. JohnbClubs1850

JohnbClubs1850 New Member

wher did you get that model man thats groovy
  19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

20. clif52

clif52 Banned

Did anyone else have a problem of the tabs not showing up dark enough to see when printing out. I was using a pretty high end color laser printer. The colors looked great but the tabs were almost invisible.