colt 1851 navy

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Nothing, Sep 22, 2008.

1. clif52

clif52 Banned

Looks great nothing. Ever think about designing a Colt 45 Peacemaker? I was doing some research last week on the Wild Wild West TV show and found out by accident that the Colt that Jim West carried had the same silver rattlesnake design on the handle that was on Clint Eastwoods Colt that he carried in the Man with no Name westerns. Clint's looks exactly the same except his handle is wood and Jim West's is shiney black. I read that Clint had his gun made by a gunsmith personally and carried it in all three italian western films. I couldn't find any info on Jim West's gun except photos that look exactly the same except for the black handle.
  2. omallie

omallie New Member

Hello Ryan,
    Absolutely, incredible!!!!! I am completely blown away. I concur with Clif, a peacemaker in the future would be a great addition to your already magnificent craftsmanship. I think a certain Sci-fi, Western Captain's pistol would also be nice in a paper/cardstock rendition. Anyway, please contact me when you have posted this model. Thank you,
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive had quite a few people talk about the peacemaker. it is one that i whant to do. i will doo several versions of it. i like the idea of clint eastwoods, and im also going to do general pattons.
  4. clif52

clif52 Banned

I've got photos from my research for the handles on Clint's gun if you want me to email them to you just drop me a PM with your address and they are yours.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

this has been a tough one. but slowly but surly...

6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

this cylinder is really kikin me in the rear!:cry: hours later and i have had to make a major comprimise on accuracy and realism. i just couldnt find what i needed to do it right.

7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i added another detail to the texture. i dont know if ill keep it but well see.
  8. gwssms

gwssms Member

this looks simply stunning! keep it up!
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

small update
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

someone pointed out that the lever hinge didnt fit in so well:)thumb:) so i changed it real quick.
  11. clif52

clif52 Banned

This looks better everytime I see a new photo. Great work. What program are you using?
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thanks clif

i am using metsequioia, and paintshop pro9.
  13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ok we are on hold for a bit. a fellow who owns one is going to take some pictures. so i whant to wait and see what he offers.
    in the meantime i changed some textures to the case.

14. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

OK, I'll ask the dumb question,in the pic that shows the "ammunition" at the bottom of the pic, are the "black cylinders" representing powder charges??? I get the conical ball, and ball ammunition, but the black things???

I have a replica "51" .36 cal, and a replica Walker Colt .44 cal.. Fun pieces to punch holes in targets with. Someone once told me that the Walker Colt .44 was, until Smith and Wesson released the .44 magnum, "the most powerful handgun in the world".

Firing them is them is...wall1:curse:wall1
  15. clif52

clif52 Banned

Better and Better!!! The 3D file looks real. Probably better looking than General Lee's original.
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

they simply represent the powder charge.they can be loaded with the projectiles into the cylinder.
  17. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

powder flask has been test built.
  18. clif52

clif52 Banned

You sure thats paper? Looks real to me.
  19. very nice. Can't wait to see the build
  20. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

carnt wait to get my hands on this will be building for me dad for xmas :):thumb: