colt 1851 navy

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Nothing, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

one of the most popular blck powder pistols of its time. carried by general Lee
    and Wild Bill.

Image1ll (1).jpg

im hoping to have the load plunger working. but it doesnt look like it will work right now. it is also going to be able to break down.

Image1ll (2).jpg
  2. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

looks good nothing look forward to seeing more mate :) :thumb:
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ok you asked:twisted:

Image1ee (1).jpg
  4. bob neill

bob neill New Member

looks mighty good. my 36 caliber happens to be made of iron and brass and has a casting tool for rounds. found about 1973 in Germany. good show!!

bob neill
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thanks Bob! i think im ready to start textures. although i need to add the bead sight..

6. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

That's a beauty! What about a commemorative medallion in the grip? I have a real one that I built close to 30 years ago. Shoots like crazy!
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

How about a nice pic of that grip? :) I am not sure exactly what he has planned :D
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i actually havnt sat down to decide my textures yet. a pic would be nice.
    i went ahead and built the presentation case, with caps tin, powder flask, and 2 types of bullits and powder charge that can be loaded. i have the bullit mold tool left to do.
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

any chance of getting some hi rez pictures of the engraving on the cylynder?
  10. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

WOW!! You modeled even the case, great idea!! Awesome model!!
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

12. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Very nice, Nothing. The realism is uncanny!
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Working hinges too?
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

yes the hinges will work, although they wont look like the real hinges.
  15. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

Nothing you work is beautiful!:eek: I have a friend who used to have a "51". He let me fire it a couple of times, very cool! Please tell me you will at least release the pistol here on the forum.:cry: I would absolutely love to build your model! Keep up the astounding work. You have inspired me to at least learn Meta so I can design and contribute here.

Thank You,

16. hmas

hmas Member

I agree!
    Now that you have wetted our appetites, I sure would like one!
  17. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I'm pretty sure it will be available at the new site. There's some interesting stuff going on over there.

18. omallie

omallie New Member

Hey Ryan,
    So, have you posted this awesome model at the site yet? I looked to see it there, but they only showed the modern 9MM pistol. I would really love to download this model. I am working on a Western steampunk cosplay, and this would go great. Let me know, and thanks for your hard work and craftsmanship.
  19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thank you for the enthusiasm. im not done designing yet. i am in the proces of tracking down errant vertices right now. then i have to finish textures and test build it. oh and i keep forgetting the darn bullit mold tool!
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ok im back on track with textures.