Coloring Metal Bands For Water Tanks & Barrels

tank_bands.jpg

Thank you if you visit
Harold

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
that was amazing!i printed your article for future reference,i hope you dont mind.but ill definatley use that idea :thumb: --josh

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi...Great idea..!!! Where were you 3 weeks ago when I needed you..??
Now I know better.
To eliminate the ridge that develops when cutting, cut over a VERY hard surface and use a VERY sharp blade. I cut over a piece of 1/4" tempered glass and a low angle on the blade.

hminky

Oct 13, 2004
Thanks, Gus for reminding me of the way to cut paper cleanly. Not being much of a paper guy I forgot that cutting on a hard surface works with paper.

Harold

N

nachoman

That's a great idea. There are probably many similar things that can be done the same way...

Kevin

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Harold,

That looks great! You always have simple, yet really ingenious ways of getting excellent detail.

One comment though - that water tank should have a lot (a lot!) more bands, and they should be spaced closer together at the bottom to prevent the tank from leaking or completely breaking open, epecially since it is so full! ;) :D

Andrew

hminky

Oct 13, 2004
The bands were placed on the tank temporarily for the article to demostrate how they would look on a tank. The tank is underconstruction.

Harold

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
The bands were placed on the tank temporarily for the article to demostrate how they would look on a tank. The tank is underconstruction.

Harold

Umm... I knew that...! hamr :eek:ops: I should have known with your attention to detail that you would not leave it unfinished. :thumb:

Andrew