Colonial Warrior Viper Helm Design Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Rissa

Rissa New Member

Man..I as hoping to see a model. Might try this one myself! :p
  2. wulfric

wulfric New Member

How many of you saw the original Battlestar Galactica movie (it was also the tv pilot) in the theaters?
  3. GM1983

GM1983 New Member

Joined Zealot just for this model, been looking for Pharaoh helm for years. I'll start my build tomorrow, but was a .pdo file ever released?
  4. F131

F131 Member

Yep, I remember begging my mom to to see TOS BSG in the theater. At the time, the effect were just as good as Star Wars.....but then to be repeated over and over again on the tv series.
  5. clif52

clif52 Banned

I saw the original Battlestar Galactica in the movie theater and Buck Rogers as well. Still two of my favorite scifi shows. I think the major difference in the movie and TV version of Galactica was that the Cylons killed Baltar in the movie version.

6. MTK

MTK Active Member

I remember seeing the first few eps of the original. It was cool for a minute, especially after Star Wars, but it just didn't hold up for me.
    The constant reuse of stock footage and the clunky way to Cylons
    moved as well as some lame scripts and weak acting.... It just didn't
    hold my attention, even when a was a wee lad.

I totally boycotted the NBSG for the first year, or two. One day I was
    channel surfing and there was nothing on. I mean nothing. So I gave
    BSG a chance. I was immediately sucked in and hooked. The production
    values, acting, scripts, story lines.... Everything was faaaaar superior.

I really have to take my hat of to Ron D. Moore, David Eick and the
    entire crew.:thumb::mrgreen:
  7. atomgas

atomgas New Member

I agree with MTK. Almost the same happened with me.
    Was a huge fan of the original show. Watched the mini-series, thought "eh, it's okay," but it never really grabbed me. Then they put the first episode online, I thought it was far better than the mini series. A week before Season 2 was to begin they showed some 1st season eps on NBC (didn't have cable ), I watched and was hooked instantly. That kind of quality is rare in a sci-fi show.
  8. F131

F131 Member

Seems like were all in the same age range:thumb:
    Caprica is the same with me. I thought the Pilot/Miniseries was ok but never watched the series. Now through Netflix I've become addicted to the show. I do miss the space combat, but Caprica tells an interesting story and does a great job of character developement.
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yep. As a matter of fact we only seem to be a couple of years apart. LOL!

With regards to Caprica..... I ried really hard to give it a chance, but for me, it was just to soap opera. It was a brilliant concept and there were some really cool aspects to it, but for me, it just kind hung itself up in to many story arcs. I did like the social commentary RE: the internet and cyberspace with the immersive fantasy world thing.
  10. tumbucu

tumbucu New Member

omg Outstanding dude
  11. F131

F131 Member

Yep, I'm mid way through the second season and it has become crushingly boring. Too much religion, too little cylons.
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yeah and the graphics sucked and the "Soap Opera" story arcs... Blech! I hear "Blood and Chrome" is a go. Hope they get it right.
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That helmet is the BOMB. Wow, just plain Wow!!
  14. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Thanks, Zath! One of my eaaaarrrrly works. I need to go back and try to round it out some.
  15. Rissa

Rissa New Member

I love the helmet...

But..does anyone has instructions on how to put it together??
    I get the top of the helmet...but then get seriously lost.. ARRGH!

Maybe I just need to stare at the pics better... :p

*I miss my numbers*... :p
  16. I wish I had been here in 2007 to sign up for the Beta Build on this, Chief.
    I am a fan of all things Battlestar Galactica (well, okay, Battlestar Galactic 1980 was a bit of a torture but still I watched to the bitter end).
    I saw the original movie at the DRIVE-IN theatre. My father took my best friend and I and we pretended the cars following us out of the theatre lot were Cylon Raiders and proceeded to blast them all from the stars. Would have loved to have had this helmet back then, definitely will build it now.
    Not to boast but I had the honour of meeting and befriending Richard "Captain Apollo, Tom Zarek" Hatch years ago. I passed up a great opportunity when he asked me to do a matt painting for his Armaggedon project and some creature concept drawings for him. He is possibly one of the most down to earth people I have met from the movie industry. Anyway, I want to build this. Can't wait to be able to start downloading and trying some of the great designs here.
  17. stilgarhammer

stilgarhammer Member

I am a big fan of classic battlestar, looks like I have to start a list of my next projects.
  18. sojakai

sojakai New Member

I would love to see a second go at this. Everything that you have learned since the original you did can only help make an even better version. I have to second the PDO file also.
  19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Guys, stay in the active threads.. If you start doing this model, start a new thread, but please, digging these up without adding anything of value to the thread is not what these archived threads are for. Start a new thread with a build attempt, and I am sure someone would help you with it. No more. Please. Only the original poster can resurrect an old thread like this. There's enough going on here, stay up to date, stop dreaming and start building a helmet if you want. O.K? Thanks! :)