Colonial Warrior Viper Helm Design Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Dec 2, 2007.

1. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Well that's a yes and no... Yes I'd love to... No the Mrs won't let me :D

If I could've convinced the 7 year old that he needed a helmet like this, I would have been there for the beta but not being a BSG fan, he thinks it looks weird.

I don't agree with him though, you've done an awesome job on this ekuth, I can't wait to see how the rest of the 1:1 viper turns out :D :p
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I'd love to but I don't have a lot of time lately. Too many things on.

Plus, I see myself as more of a Colonial Warrior than a toaster! LOL

1:1 Viper?!! Where,where! :)
  3. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

I have it.

I have that mesh converted to Meta already. Really though Skip, focus buddy, focus!

4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

LOL!! I know, I know. :)

I just keep getting inspired by everything these days!

I'm going to try and finish the Sulaco, then texture the airship I'm doing with Claudio.
  5. grifco2000

grifco2000 Member

I so can't wait until this one is finished and out!! Fabulous work man!! Wish I could do this stuff! Basic recolour and fiddle with an original to suite current need is the best I can manage.

6. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Come on, nuggets!

Only ONE PM to beta build this? You can do better! announce1

And speaking thereof, after printing out my copy, I had to make a few last minute revisions. I'll be sending out the PDF ASAP. Bear with me.
  7. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

You don't know how much I wish I had time to do another Beta Build for ya, ekuth....

Stupid real life..... :cry:
  8. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

But this one's nowhere's near as complex as the Rodger Young. I promise. :mrgreen:

It's only 17 pages!
  9. DougMorency

DougMorency New Member

I hope that was my PM :)

do you have any tutorials on how to convert an image to a 3d wireframe?

10. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Yup, that was your PM Doug. I'll get the file to you as soon as I'm done with the corrections. (You'll thank me.)

As far as converting an image to 3D wireframe...

Pick a program and learn the basics of it, then:

Practice, practice, practice...

Tear your hair out...

Practice some more...

I learned to use Metasequoia, so I know it fairly well enough to do what I want. Do I know all the ins-and-outs? Not by a long-shot. Was it a bear to learn? You betcha.

So I guess the first thing you need to figure out is which program you want to learn. Alot of folks use Rhino, some 3DMax... ask around and search the forums for threads on the subject.
  11. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Posted some pics of my beta build over on Doug's thread...
  12. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Did this ever get completed?
    If it is available for download, I would be very interested. :)
  13. monolith21

monolith21 New Member

I joined because of this. Oh my wow.
  14. mapleman

mapleman Member

Hello Ekuth
    Your Colonial Warrior Viper helmet is look great so far, love to see how the paper mode helmet turns out and l look forward making your cool model.

I have made BazookaJo’s Cylon helmet paper model.
    I would love to have a paper model Colonial Warrior Viper helmet for my Paper model costume collections.
    Thank you for your time.
  15. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

While it would certainly prove a fun project, I'm more interested in the NEW Viper Helmet.

16. movieman

movieman Member

I would like to see a viper helmet done to
  17. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

For those who have requested it, I have posted the BETA pdf of the OS Viper Helm to the downloads section...

It's pending mod approval, so perhaps if you annoy them about it... *grin*

Enjoy. Private use only, folks. Modification allowed also for personal use only.
  18. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight New Member

Oh Yeah! I love the original Battlestar. I guess I'm too old school, I just couldn't get into the new show. The special effects were great but it was just too much like a reality scifi show and the handheld jerky camera movements made me dizzy. I've been waiting for this one to go with the Cylon head. Anyone up for designing the original colonial laser blaster?

19. tnbrad

tnbrad New Member

I would be up for that. i am a newbie to the paper models.
    I have been building Halloween design props and I do 3d art for hobbies.
    (Carrara, Lightwave, Bryce, Poser, and more)
    I would really like to learn the hole step by step from 3d design to Pepakura (or other softwears) to the build. I already have a resin Blaster I'm working on for a friend.
  20. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Also to ShadowKnight: Hello there! I am doing a Colonial blaster in 1:1 scale. Have a look at my new thread here: .
    Hope to get it ready soon. Have a nice day!