Colonial Viper from UHU02

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dietzenbach, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
Hi folks,

as a matter of fact I used to start the build of the Colonial Viper from Uhu02. I am posting this because I soon will continue the build. Originally started for a competition I stopped the build because of a mivement to a new home and then cracking the timeline for the competition.
As I will continue the build soon I post some pictures of the building progress and the actual state of the mode without many comments...
As you can see I started the project when I was in the middle of the Kfir build which is finished now.
May some of you enjoy the pics :)
Viper7.jpg Viper16.jpg Viper31.jpg Viper35.jpg Viper46.jpg Viper57.jpg Viper63.jpg Viper71.jpg Viper78.jpg Viper87.jpg

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Thank-You...This has been on my "Need to build List" for a long time...I have seen some amazing things done on this with wiring and such...and you are off to a GREAT start!

Reactions: McTschegsn

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
You are off to a GREAT START on this project! What you have done so far looks FANTASTIC!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
I will be following this thread (it makes me want to rebuild this model)!

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
This one close and dear project on this site. There are many builders and please check out the UHU02 appreciation thread which may help you with some fit issues. It has been built here from a micro to a large scale. Enjoy and waiting to see more.

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dietzenbach, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
I know :) Due to the fact that this was a competition build (though I did not expect to do well compared to the other builds) I was not allowed to post pics in other forums (by rules of the contest).
This has changed because I did not finish this model in time :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Wow, that was and would never be a rule here. (It better not have been!) I posted in your other post that if this come out anything life your KFir, this is going to be one Helluva model!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It's just that between what you post here and send me at my home, you're awesome. Face it, you are, and that is good, because you share your knowledge, and that kind of sharing from someone who knows what they are doing has to be acknowledged. I'll stop now. Don't be surprised if someone says in the future, "Wow, that model really McTschegan's!!

Anybody could see that this really McTschegan's!!!:

viper63-jpg.156790

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Coming it out great! I am always amazed when I see such good cutting, gluing, and bending like this. I used to love building in wood, Balsa primarily, as I could always add, and sand down. It's a bit more forgiving. :):)

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dietzenbach, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
@DanBKing I will definitely have fun cutting the piping o_O. Seriously this will be some kind of precise cutting. I hope I will get this right...
@zathros Thank you my friend. I love doing stuff in wood too as you know. A little bit of sanding will be done on this model too. There is a small gap between the bulkhead and the finished first engine parts. I will sand them to a better fit. Not much but still visible...