Colonial Viper from LHVCC

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sjsquirrel, Feb 26, 2007.

1. loafandjug

loafandjug Member

thats awesome. I wish my models turned out like that. Something to strive for. Great job again!
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

:curse: GAAAAHHHH! WHERE ARE THE PICS? :curse:
  3. logicman

logicman Greybeard

So it's not just me.
    I rebooted, still no pics.wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1

I really want to see these!

4. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

No, all I get are the red X broken links... which is a pity, because I need to see those pics! I've attempted building this puppy three times and always get stuck.
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wish I could see something other than lil red x's, but knowing SJ's work I'm sure it's awesome!
  6. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Oh! How true!

It's so realistic that the cylons are attacking his website!

7. Simmo

Simmo An Older Junior Member

...and they have a plan!!!!
  8. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Phht. No we don't. We just make it up as we go along, just like you fleshbags. :mrgreen:
  9. logicman

logicman Greybeard

10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

"I resemble that remark!"
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

those are the best darned red x's ive seen anyone build![​IMG]
  12. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Hi everyone. Thanks for the interest in my build thread. Apparently the images got lost in the switch to the new forum last year. I've uploaded some of them and repaired the links in the first couple posts, and I've uploaded the additional parts page I made and corrected links to it.

There's a bunch of the images that I can't find at moment, but I really need some sleep right now. I'll see if I can find them tomorrow, and get them uploaded.

13. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Pics restored

For everyone that was interested I have reloaded all the images and updated the posts, so the pics should all be back. If you find any missing let me know.

14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Woo hoo! Great job SJ!:mrgreen:
  15. logicman

logicman Greybeard

ROFLMAO and then some!

SJ, I've been waiting to see these pix. Great build.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I saw the original movie in a cinema at Marble Arch, London. The special fx had the audience ducking when these babies flew in from behind us.

Thanks for sharing.
  16. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Great build SJ! Nice to see the pics back up. :)

It's just so clean a build, really well done.
  17. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

nice frakking build!!!

now what are jleslie's viper models available?

does he have the lates mk7?
    and the equally old mk2?
  18. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

If you're not familiar with Jleslie's site head on over and check it out - He hosts a lot of models designed by other people, this viper included. The Viper, and an original series Cylon fighter were designed by Aaron Murphy (murphyaa here on the forum). You can find models of the mk7 and mk2 at, and there are others around like the new cylon base star.

Thanks, and have fun building,

19. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

thanks, i got jay's(same country) Mk2, and blackbird.

also, is it just me of is jay's blackbird a bit long?

BTW, do you know of scale 3-views of all BSG fighter craft(including fan based)
    and some Reimagined viper(all) cockpit?

3-view of jay's MK7 conopy?
    so i can get the shape done for a clear canopy...

for future cockpit modifiactions ...

also, how do i darken jay's blackbird? i think its too gray.
  20. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Try google

I don't have all that info on hand, but start with for schematics, then try google. Search for blackbird paper model.
    There's another version out there somewhere that's more accurate.

As for making a clear canopy, there's a couple excellent tutorials in the tutorials forum and/or in the Reserves. Dig around a bit and you'll find them.

Recoloring models has also been discussed numerous times in different threads on the forum, but basically you have to open the pattern in some kind of graphics program like MS Paint, Photoshop, the Gimp, etc. Everyone has their own favourite. Mine is the Gimp because it's free, has an add-in for reading PDF files, and it has an excellent feature set.

Google away and have fun,